PUR Cosmetics 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

PUR Cosmetics 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)
4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.7

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Been using this for so many years! I don't like to wear foundation as my skin doesn't need a lot of coverage, and I love how this evens out my skin tone without making it look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.it looks natural, mattifies, evens out skin tone, and the SPF (combined with my SPF moisturizer) has really saved my skin on days when I forget sunscreen.
I wanted a mineral powder makeup that wouldn't clog my pores if I didn't wash my face every night, and this has never made me break out or flare up. There are other comparable mineral makeups on the market, but I always go back to this one because it's pressed. So many of them are loose and make such a mess every time I use them, plus they're hard to travel with. I keep one of these in my purse at all times, and it's never broken or gotten powder everywhere.

on 8/19/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Can't believe I forgot this didn't work for me and accidentally bough it again. The shade worked for my complexion (Golden Dark) but the Titanium Dioxide is horrible for darker complexions as it creates that dreaded weird cast which appears white in sunscreen but when in makeup, delivers a horrid greenish undertone that is not cute. I bought this online from the Pur website and already returned the items I didn't want which is a hassle in itself, so I'll have to give this away. Definite hard no for me..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has tiny sparkles in it. I'm all for a little glow but this makes me look sweaty. Also seems to settle in my creases. Will have to keep looking for a powder foundation. This is not doing it for me. I bought in light and that seems to be my color. I am about NC30 right now.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best powder I ever purchased, the coverage is very buildable and the skin feels good and soft after using it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought it when it was on sale from ULTA. I bought it on a whim. I needed a new foundation anyways. And I needed something for my daily make up bag.
I MUST use a face primer when using this. It lasts longer and helps my pores appear smaller. I do love the coverage it gives. I have redness in my face and it really gives good coverage for that.
I have hit pan on this recently and so I plan to buy another one again very soon.

on 6/6/2018 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this powder for about 6 years now. I like the coverage on its own, but works even nicer over a matte primer, foundation and concealer. My only issue is it still gets rather shiny looking after several hours, but that's a problem I have with all makeup due to how oily my skin is. I just blot and/or reapply this powder or a translucent one when I need to. Would recommend.

on 5/4/2018 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had been wanting to try a powder foundation for a while, but was scared to look cakey, and that it would emphasize the texture of my forehead (although that's been getting better thanks to chemical exfoliation).

They have a very limited shade range but I have a good match with the light tan shade. I love how quick this is to use! I buff it in with a fluffy powder brush in circles and it looks like my skin but better! It provides light coverage, which is what I prefer.

It took some tries to make it work. At first, I thought this alone would help provide oil control (I was wrong), so I was disappointed when I was looking like an oil slick within a couple hours. Finally, I found what works for me:
- I use a mattifying primer once my sunscreen sets, then apply the powder foundation, and I very lightly apply a loose setting powder to my t-zone. This keeps me oil-free for about 8-10 hours! Even I'm amazed at the end of the day.

I would definitely repurchase this, but I'm also excited to try other powder foundations. My only con is that this is pretty pricey.

on 5/2/2018 12:38:00 AM

I don't usually like powder foundations as my skin is dry and eczema-prone. Powder tends to dry it out further and highlight flakiness. But this product is an exception. I got this as a gift and had low expectations, but it is actually pretty great. It is easy to apply (with my too faced kabuki brush) and easy to travel with, i quickly buff it on as i am driving to work. It applies as a powder but then transforms to a liquid-like finish somehow. It has light-medium coverage, i wish it were more buildable for certain areas, seeing as it claims to be a concealer as well. I also like that it has SPF. Loses lipstick for not being enough coverage and the price.

on 11/19/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pur is a cruelty free brand. This foundation costs $39 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

This is my first ever powder foundation, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I personally love it, though. I use the shade Porcelain and it matches my skin perfectly, I don't have any oxidation problems with it!

I use a brush to buff it into the skin using circular motions. It doesn't take long to apply and it evens out my skin tone, which I really love. It is light coverage, so you can still see my acne underneath but it does dull it. I can go in again using a small eyeshadow brush to dab more of the powder directly on acne spots to get some more coverage but it will never completely cancel out all of my acne unless I use a concealer underneath the product. The product doesn't cause any breakouts for me, either!

My blush, bronzer, and high lighter all go on easily over top! I don't have any issues with the products separating or looking patchy.

It is a pricey product, but I love it. It applies much quicker than liquid foundation. Wearing just foundation, blush, and mascara I can get my makeup routine done in 10 minutes give or take, which is really handy if I want to wear makeup to work in the morning!

on 10/25/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! It's perfect for covering my acne prone skin and it doesn't make me break out or anything. I've been using the shade "light" for a year now and it's just amazing. It covers seamlessly and just recently I've been using the Pur Minerals Bare It All foundation under it and that works great too. It really doesn't smell like anything (which is great because it's going on your face) but it can get a bit thick if you but too much on but that goes for pretty much every makeup product. It didn't smear or anything when it was the end of the day but I did find that the cover almost fades after maybe 6 or so hours.

You will still need to use concealer under or over it (I do under) for those of us who have red spots or anything else. Otherwise this is such a great product and I highly, highly recommend it!