Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)
4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.7

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 8/19/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love mineral makeup. With my dry skin, you'd think I'd hate powder foundations. But powder foundations work surprisingly well for me. I'm around NC35 - NC40 I think? I'm not sure since I've never owned any Mac foundations. I use the shade Light Tan in this and it's just perfect for my medium-olive skin. When my skin is doing really good or when I want a very natural look, I use this by itself and the coverage is surprisingly good. When I used to break out, it covered my acne scarring and active acne quite well. When used on top of a foundation it makes my skin look flawless. I also use the original Bare Minerals foundation sometimes, but I always get compliments on my skin when I use this one. I find this one to be more foolproof when it comes to application, compared to BM which looks patchy at times. I find that I prefer a stippling motion more to a buffing motion when it comes to applying this foundation. I've tried many brushes, and I don't really notice that much of a difference really. Any dense brush should do the trick. The finish is quite natural, not too matte or dewy. However, be warned that if you use a heavy moisturizer or foundation underneath it might end up too dewy for your liking. My one gripe with this product is the packaging! Almost all of them have broken apart in one way or the other. The top has completely come apart in the one I'm using right now. For the price we're paying, I wish they would invest in a sturdier packaging. But I'm willing to keep repurchasing because I love the product so much. Or until I find a better one.

on 8/8/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried mineral powder foundation a few times before (Mary Kay, BareMinerals, Tikei etc) but it really hasn't been my thing. I don't have particularly dry skin, but these powder foundations have made my skin look dry, dull and overly powdery, on top of not covering any of my imperfections. For reference, I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and I'm really acne prone. The reason I took a shot with this one, despite the price being slightly above what I normally shell out for foundations, was that it didn't seem to be completely matte, and looked quite buildable. Both things held true, and wow, I love this foundation!

I apply it with a round top buffer brush (Zoeva 104, to be exact) and it gives such a beautiful, buildable-to-medium-yet-very-natural-looking coverage. I start out by dotting a bit of liquid concealer where I need it the most, and then I buff this foundation onto my skin in circular motions, and the finish is amazing. It doesn't cover everything 100%, but it looks like natural skin. It also feels like you're barely wearing any makeup, which is frankly amazing to me, since I've used liquid foundations all year round since I was about 14. Summer of '17 - best makeup summer ever! It only took me 25 years...

The finish is, like I mentioned before, not quite matte to begin with, and when it's warmed up a bit on the skin it has a natural glow to it. I find that during long work days and warmer days, I might become a little bit shiny in the t-zone, but it's nothing that a little blotting or a dusting of whatever powder you have on hand won't take care of. And even when it does look a bit shiny, it doesn't slide around or evaporate in certain areas like some foundations tend to do on me. So I would say the wear-time, too, is excellent.

When I started using this foundation I was in the middle of a bad skin period, with lots of breakouts and little bumps going on. I'm not going to credit this foundation alone for my skin calming down a lot since, but I do think it might have contributed some. At least in the sense that where other heavy and congesting foundation would've worsened it, this actually gave my skin a breather. And, if I'm not mistaken, Pür claim to make "makeup that's good for your skin" - and maybe they're right about that. I also love that it doesn't exaggerate my pores, or settle weirdly into them. I have quite large pores on my cheeks, and with a primer underneath, this foundation makes them less noticeable than they usually are with liquid foundations.

I've been using it quite religiously for a few weeks now, and I've not made much of a dent in it yet, so I think it'll last me quite a long time. The packaging is sturdy and pretty, and includes a small mirror. The shade Light works well for my current skin tone (which goes from fair to a modest light during the summer), but I could probably do with an even lighter shade during the depths of winter. They do in fact have one lighter shade, labelled Porcelain, but while Light has neutral undertones (that works on me even if I have relatively cool undertones), Porcelain supposedly has golden undertones and probably won't fit me for that reason.

Right now I'm completely sold on this foundation, and I won't hesitate even for a second to repurchase it in the future! I think that's something, coming from an avid liquid foundation fan who usually scoff at powder foundations..

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan - all shades!
+ Beneficial skin care ingredients
+ SPF 15
+ Beautiful, your skin but better-finish
+ Doesn't exaggerate pores
+ 10+ shades (though there might not be a shade for those who have extremely fair or really deep skin tones)
+ Wears really well throughout the day
+ The price I think turned out to be pretty reasonable in the end, considering the result and how a little goes a long way

- May require a little bit of a touchup, if you have oilier areas and wear makeup for many hours - to me, it's not a problem
- As a truly fair, Scandinavian-skinned person, I would've loved to see an even lighter shade with cool undertones in the lineup

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily, acne-prone skin I recommend this product. The price is pretty steep, but it's worth trying at least once to see how it works on your skin. The following pros and cons are based off of my personal experience.

PROS:
- Buildable coverage
- Lovely finish (on my skin it is a satin-matte finish)
- Controls oil
- Diminished breakouts (Yay!)
- Lasts around 8 hours
- Durable compact with mirror included

CONS:
- Price ($30)
- Limited color range
- Hit pan sooner than I hoped

Overall, this is a great product. I just wish I didn't run out as fast as I did. I still will repurchase :)

I'm returning this powder. For $30 I expected more but this is honestly the same (if not worse) than a drugstore powder. Being in my thirties, I NEVER break out anymore thank goodness - ever. I use products with mineral oil and other oils freely and do not break out. Started using this product and on the second day, got a pimple on my cheek, side of nose, and jawline. Absolutely unheard of for me! I see another one creeping up on my other cheek! Horrible! And I have an event to go to in 2 days. This powder also makes my skin look very dull and lifeless even with blush and bronzer. My husband asked me what face makeup I was wearing because it made my skin look dull. I'm sticking to Mac's Studio Fix powder foundation and Nyx Stay Matte Not Flat. Also, this powder develops a film on it if the slightest bit of moisture comes in contact with it.

on 8/7/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually like this pressed mineral powder. IT has build able coverage. It transfers a little, I haven't seen much transfer because I don't really touch my face. I have combination skin and it hasn't broken me out. I've been using this for about three weeks now. I will definitely repurchase. My skin appears to be clearer since I've been using this.

on 6/25/2017 9:09:00 PM

I get compliments on my skin since I've started to use this product :)

on 5/29/2017 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

After using this product for about a month, I began noticing an uneven skin texture with some redness on my cheeks. I also experienced facial stinging upon the first few applications indicating there was "something" in the ingredient list my mature, fair skin could not tolerate. So without further ado, here is my take on Pur Minerals 4 and 1.

Pros:
Sanitary packaging
Good color range
Smooth application

Cons:
Expensive
Light coverage and fades after several hours.
Not able to build without looking cakey.
Powdery - goes everywhere when applying
Contains irritants: retinol, and both lactic and citric acids.

Conclusion: I've decided it's time to explore the world of cleaner, green, makeup.

on 1/25/2017 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have this is in Golden Medium. For reference, I'm currently (no tan...my natural color) Mac Pro longwear NC25, Studio Fix NC20, ELDW Dawn, Maybelline Matte and Poreless in 128. I lightly dust over foundation and I also wear alone and looks great. Tiny color selection. I have no issues with it at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Make my acne prone skin better and make my skin mate but not flate.

on 1/3/2017 4:27:00 AM

This product makes my skin look flawless when brushed over liquid foundation. It sets my liquid foundation for the whole day. But when used on its own, that is without a primer or liquid foundation, the product doesn't give much coverage - it doesn't seem to 'stick' to the skin at all. I've been using the product everyday for about 4 years.