Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)
4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.7

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 6/25/2017 9:09:00 PM

I get compliments on my skin since I've started to use this product :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily, acne-prone skin I recommend this product. The price is pretty steep, but it's worth trying at least once to see how it works on your skin. The following pros and cons are based off of my personal experience.

PROS:
- Buildable coverage
- Lovely finish (on my skin it is a satin-matte finish)
- Controls oil
- Diminished breakouts (Yay!)
- Lasts around 8 hours
- Durable compact with mirror included

CONS:
- Price ($30)
- Limited color range
- Hit pan sooner than I hoped

Overall, this is a great product. I just wish I didn't run out as fast as I did. I still will repurchase :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Make my acne prone skin better and make my skin mate but not flate.

on 5/29/2017 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

After using this product for about a month, I began noticing an uneven skin texture with some redness on my cheeks. I also experienced facial stinging upon the first few applications indicating there was "something" in the ingredient list my mature, fair skin could not tolerate. So without further ado, here is my take on Pur Minerals 4 and 1.

Pros:
Sanitary packaging
Good color range
Smooth application

Cons:
Expensive
Light coverage and fades after several hours.
Not able to build without looking cakey.
Powdery - goes everywhere when applying
Contains irritants: retinol, and both lactic and citric acids.

Conclusion: I've decided it's time to explore the world of cleaner, green, makeup.

on 1/25/2017 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have this is in Golden Medium. For reference, I'm currently (no tan...my natural color) Mac Pro longwear NC25, Studio Fix NC20, ELDW Dawn, Maybelline Matte and Poreless in 128. I lightly dust over foundation and I also wear alone and looks great. Tiny color selection. I have no issues with it at all.

on 1/3/2017 4:27:00 AM

This product makes my skin look flawless when brushed over liquid foundation. It sets my liquid foundation for the whole day. But when used on its own, that is without a primer or liquid foundation, the product doesn't give much coverage - it doesn't seem to 'stick' to the skin at all. I've been using the product everyday for about 4 years.

on 12/29/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I desperately wanted to like this as it's silicone free but this is the worst powder I've used.

PROS
- light shades available(porcelain)
- silicone-free
- compact packaging

CONS
- BREAKS ME OUT!
- extremely cakey and patchy on the skin, particularly on my forehead (none of my other powders have this issue)
- non-buildable coverage (provides light coverage. If you want to build it up to light-medium, it gets very cakey and unnatural)
- makes pores stand out (I don't mind it not filling in pores seeing as its free from silicones but this made my pores look so much worse)
- drying- emphasises fine lines/wrinkles that wouldn't otherwise show without makeup
- poor coverage (doesn't cover my redness, spots, hyperpigmentation)
- expensive (I paid £27 for this)
- contains retinol - questionable ingredient to add to a product that is used during the day as it increases sensitivity of the skin to sunlight

If the physician's formula offered lighter shades then I would definitely choose Physician's over this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this foundation was just okay. I'm not really that oily, but I felt like this foundation didn't control my oil very well. It also felt a little itchy so people with sensitive skin should be cautious. I didn't notice any breakouts while using this foundation so that was a plus. I did like the coverage, it was medium coverage but still looked very natural. I was told that I looked like I wasn't even wearing makeup! It did feel a bit drying, but not as bad as other powder foundations that I have tried. Overall, this foundation wasn't bad, it just wasn't for me.

on 5/17/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG pressed powder mineral foundation. I have about four backups still in their boxes just in case I can't get it anymore. I have both the old and new formula and can't say I see a huge difference. The only thing I'd change would be to bring the sponge underneath back and to make my shade (light) slightly more yellow toned. This is one of those great foundations that actually looks better after it's been on the skin for a while AND it doesn't break me out!

on 5/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The first time I tried Pur mineral makeup was about 7 years ago and I HATED IT!! I mean I liked it when I tried it in the store, that's why I purchased it, but then the first time I put it on to go to work I was horrified at the mess it turned into within just a few hours. It wore off but it didn't wear off evenly, it was a splotchy mess and it oxidized so it was an orange splotchy mess. I wore it that one day and then I threw it in the garbage and vowed to never try the stuff again.

Well I recently came across it again and I once again smitten by how it looked in the store. Light tan is the best color match I have ever come across in my entire life and I'm not young. I have medium olive skin and it seems quite difficult to find a good match for olive skin. Olive is a warm tone but it's not really golden or yellow, it's....well it's olive, lol. The pur mineralas shade in light tan is such an awesome match that I'm surprised it's not called Olive. Anyways because I like the shade so much and because my skin has changed recently (it was combination leaning to the oily side 7 years ago and then menoapuase happened and now I'm just dry) I decided to give it another try and so far I'm liking this time around. I'd say it's more natural looking then many of the other expensive mineral foundations I've tried, like bare minerals and laura mercier. It's not as sparkly and powdery so it's more invisible yet it just really softens up my whole face and evens my skin tone. It's not sparkly but it's not matte either. I feel like I have just the right amount of glow with this powder. I haven't had the problem of it turning orange or melting into splotches like I had the last time. Perhaps it's because my skin is no longer oily or perhaps it's because I paired it with the Pur primer or perhaps it's because I used a finishing spray or perhaps it's a combination of all of those things. In any case, I have changed my opinion and I now like it. It's not a holy grail overall but it is a holy grail in terms of color and it does a pretty fine job as a mineral foundation. It only offers medium coverage but that's all I want.