Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.7

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this foundation was just okay. I'm not really that oily, but I felt like this foundation didn't control my oil very well. It also felt a little itchy so people with sensitive skin should be cautious. I didn't notice any breakouts while using this foundation so that was a plus. I did like the coverage, it was medium coverage but still looked very natural. I was told that I looked like I wasn't even wearing makeup! It did feel a bit drying, but not as bad as other powder foundations that I have tried. Overall, this foundation wasn't bad, it just wasn't for me.

on 5/17/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG pressed powder mineral foundation. I have about four backups still in their boxes just in case I can't get it anymore. I have both the old and new formula and can't say I see a huge difference. The only thing I'd change would be to bring the sponge underneath back and to make my shade (light) slightly more yellow toned. This is one of those great foundations that actually looks better after it's been on the skin for a while AND it doesn't break me out!

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The first time I tried Pur mineral makeup was about 7 years ago and I HATED IT!! I mean I liked it when I tried it in the store, that's why I purchased it, but then the first time I put it on to go to work I was horrified at the mess it turned into within just a few hours. It wore off but it didn't wear off evenly, it was a splotchy mess and it oxidized so it was an orange splotchy mess. I wore it that one day and then I threw it in the garbage and vowed to never try the stuff again.

Well I recently came across it again and I once again smitten by how it looked in the store. Light tan is the best color match I have ever come across in my entire life and I'm not young. I have medium olive skin and it seems quite difficult to find a good match for olive skin. Olive is a warm tone but it's not really golden or yellow, it's....well it's olive, lol. The pur mineralas shade in light tan is such an awesome match that I'm surprised it's not called Olive. Anyways because I like the shade so much and because my skin has changed recently (it was combination leaning to the oily side 7 years ago and then menoapuase happened and now I'm just dry) I decided to give it another try and so far I'm liking this time around. I'd say it's more natural looking then many of the other expensive mineral foundations I've tried, like bare minerals and laura mercier. It's not as sparkly and powdery so it's more invisible yet it just really softens up my whole face and evens my skin tone. It's not sparkly but it's not matte either. I feel like I have just the right amount of glow with this powder. I haven't had the problem of it turning orange or melting into splotches like I had the last time. Perhaps it's because my skin is no longer oily or perhaps it's because I paired it with the Pur primer or perhaps it's because I used a finishing spray or perhaps it's a combination of all of those things. In any case, I have changed my opinion and I now like it. It's not a holy grail overall but it is a holy grail in terms of color and it does a pretty fine job as a mineral foundation. It only offers medium coverage but that's all I want.

I was so excited about this mineral foundation! I had tried it on in Ulta and bought it right then and there because it looked so great and natural on. It's quite pricey but I thought it'd be worth the money if it could make my acne prone oily skin look fresh and bright and even. It does have a decent coverage to it and if applied with a light hand looks quite natural on the skin. If you keep piling it on to try to get full-coverage it will look like you have a mask of thick powder on your face. It is not a matte powder, it is more of a natural finish. The major deal breaker was the fact that it has no staying power at all for me. It'd look great for the first hour....... and then it would start wearing off and didn't help control my oil in the least. Seriously half-way through the day i'd look as if I had no foundation on. At first i'd just bring the cute little compact around with me and touch up which works well, until you pile too much product on.... and then it starts looking cakey and thick. Also you waste too much of an extremely expensive product that way. I returned it.

Sidenote- I've been using L'oreals True Match Super Blendable powder as a light powder foundation recently and I like it much better than the Pur 4-in-1. Not as good coverage, but much cheaper and better staying power in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Background: I have EXTREMELY oily skin that turns into oily-combination in the winter and I've used Bare Minerals and Makeup Forever's (MUFE) Duo Mat. The MUFE shade was too dark for winter use, so I went and got this after reading reviews on here, Amazon, Ulta, Buzzillions and Sephora.

Compared to the MUFE, this is about the same (medium/heavy) coverage, except MUFE tests on animals and Pur Minerals doesn't. YAY!

on 1/18/2016 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely glow makeup that can be used alone (with amazing coverage) or on top of foundation for setting purposes. Love the texture and consistency. Can be used with a buffer brush for the best results. Try this out, you won't regret it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

We have this at the Shoppers Drug Mart I work at so I luckily got to try it out first. It provides really good coverage for a powder and the tan is ok for my dark skinned complexion, although I do not think I could use it in the summer. I like that I don't feel it on my face and it applies evenly. I don't feel I need a foundation underneath it either. It's a little bit more pricey of course than your average DS powder, but you get a lot of product so I imagine it would last quite a few months. I honestly, was just using the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder before, but this one certainly feels better on my skin. I'm acne prone too, and I feel like this still allows the skin to breathe.

on 11/29/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have replenished this product over six times. I absolutely love it. I have dry skin that sometimes becomes evident under my foundation when it accentuates the flakieness, peeling and dry patches. Although it is dry, for some reason this powder fills and conceals dry patches on my skin. The coverage is amazing and gives me a porcelain-like finish I absolutely adore it. in my experience you have to use the signature chisel brush to get the best out of it, but it's amazing! Great for the skin!

This is my go-to sheer bumming around town foundation for when I just want a bit of coverage and shine control over moisturiser. The "Light" matches me well and doesn't give my sensitive skin any issues.

However -- and this is a big however -- it will never be a HG product for me as it simply offers no pore-blurring benefits for me, and I find it settles badly into lines. For those looking to wear this alone as a full coverage foundation, be warned that unless your skin is in excellent condition already it won't give that "flawless" look by itself -- after a relatively short "cook" time on your skin you will likely find every blackhead showing.

Pros: buildable, smooth application; good ingredients.

Cons: Settles into imperfections. Also, the chisel brush that is to be used with it sheds badly (I used it twice before it began to fall apart) -- might be worth upgrading to a better chisel brush if you're using regularly.

Summary: a passable mineral foundation I won't throw out, but I won't buy again either.

on 11/26/2015 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used the old formula (and wrote a review for that) and am now using the new formula. I am not noticing a huge difference in the formulas to be honest. I liked the old compact more than the new one, mine has a small gap between the edge of the powder and the hole it sits in and it collects powder and drives me nuts. Should be better made for this price. I do apply this product with their chisel brush which I find scratchy but it works better with this makeup than any other brush I have tried.
This powder can be built up nicely to cover any problem areas on my face, it looks natural and glowy but if you have any dry patches make sure to moisturize first. It lasts all day and it never breaks me out. This is a beautiful mineral powder foundation and is definitely worth trying out if you are interested in this type of foundation.