Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)
4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.7

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best powder I ever purchased, the coverage is very buildable and the skin feels good and soft after using it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought it when it was on sale from ULTA. I bought it on a whim. I needed a new foundation anyways. And I needed something for my daily make up bag.
I MUST use a face primer when using this. It lasts longer and helps my pores appear smaller. I do love the coverage it gives. I have redness in my face and it really gives good coverage for that.
I have hit pan on this recently and so I plan to buy another one again very soon.

on 6/6/2018 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this powder for about 6 years now. I like the coverage on its own, but works even nicer over a matte primer, foundation and concealer. My only issue is it still gets rather shiny looking after several hours, but that's a problem I have with all makeup due to how oily my skin is. I just blot and/or reapply this powder or a translucent one when I need to. Would recommend.

on 5/4/2018 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had been wanting to try a powder foundation for a while, but was scared to look cakey, and that it would emphasize the texture of my forehead (although that's been getting better thanks to chemical exfoliation).

They have a very limited shade range but I have a good match with the light tan shade. I love how quick this is to use! I buff it in with a fluffy powder brush in circles and it looks like my skin but better! It provides light coverage, which is what I prefer.

It took some tries to make it work. At first, I thought this alone would help provide oil control (I was wrong), so I was disappointed when I was looking like an oil slick within a couple hours. Finally, I found what works for me:
- I use a mattifying primer once my sunscreen sets, then apply the powder foundation, and I very lightly apply a loose setting powder to my t-zone. This keeps me oil-free for about 8-10 hours! Even I'm amazed at the end of the day.

I would definitely repurchase this, but I'm also excited to try other powder foundations. My only con is that this is pretty pricey.

on 5/2/2018 12:38:00 AM

I don't usually like powder foundations as my skin is dry and eczema-prone. Powder tends to dry it out further and highlight flakiness. But this product is an exception. I got this as a gift and had low expectations, but it is actually pretty great. It is easy to apply (with my too faced kabuki brush) and easy to travel with, i quickly buff it on as i am driving to work. It applies as a powder but then transforms to a liquid-like finish somehow. It has light-medium coverage, i wish it were more buildable for certain areas, seeing as it claims to be a concealer as well. I also like that it has SPF. Loses lipstick for not being enough coverage and the price.

on 11/19/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pur is a cruelty free brand. This foundation costs $39 at Shoppers Drug Mart.

This is my first ever powder foundation, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I personally love it, though. I use the shade Porcelain and it matches my skin perfectly, I don't have any oxidation problems with it!

I use a brush to buff it into the skin using circular motions. It doesn't take long to apply and it evens out my skin tone, which I really love. It is light coverage, so you can still see my acne underneath but it does dull it. I can go in again using a small eyeshadow brush to dab more of the powder directly on acne spots to get some more coverage but it will never completely cancel out all of my acne unless I use a concealer underneath the product. The product doesn't cause any breakouts for me, either!

My blush, bronzer, and high lighter all go on easily over top! I don't have any issues with the products separating or looking patchy.

It is a pricey product, but I love it. It applies much quicker than liquid foundation. Wearing just foundation, blush, and mascara I can get my makeup routine done in 10 minutes give or take, which is really handy if I want to wear makeup to work in the morning!

on 10/25/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! It's perfect for covering my acne prone skin and it doesn't make me break out or anything. I've been using the shade "light" for a year now and it's just amazing. It covers seamlessly and just recently I've been using the Pur Minerals Bare It All foundation under it and that works great too. It really doesn't smell like anything (which is great because it's going on your face) but it can get a bit thick if you but too much on but that goes for pretty much every makeup product. It didn't smear or anything when it was the end of the day but I did find that the cover almost fades after maybe 6 or so hours.

You will still need to use concealer under or over it (I do under) for those of us who have red spots or anything else. Otherwise this is such a great product and I highly, highly recommend it!

on 8/19/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love mineral makeup. With my dry skin, you'd think I'd hate powder foundations. But powder foundations work surprisingly well for me. I'm around NC35 - NC40 I think? I'm not sure since I've never owned any Mac foundations. I use the shade Light Tan in this and it's just perfect for my medium-olive skin. When my skin is doing really good or when I want a very natural look, I use this by itself and the coverage is surprisingly good. When I used to break out, it covered my acne scarring and active acne quite well. When used on top of a foundation it makes my skin look flawless. I also use the original Bare Minerals foundation sometimes, but I always get compliments on my skin when I use this one. I find this one to be more foolproof when it comes to application, compared to BM which looks patchy at times. I find that I prefer a stippling motion more to a buffing motion when it comes to applying this foundation. I've tried many brushes, and I don't really notice that much of a difference really. Any dense brush should do the trick. The finish is quite natural, not too matte or dewy. However, be warned that if you use a heavy moisturizer or foundation underneath it might end up too dewy for your liking. My one gripe with this product is the packaging! Almost all of them have broken apart in one way or the other. The top has completely come apart in the one I'm using right now. For the price we're paying, I wish they would invest in a sturdier packaging. But I'm willing to keep repurchasing because I love the product so much. Or until I find a better one.

on 8/8/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried mineral powder foundation a few times before (Mary Kay, BareMinerals, Tikei etc) but it really hasn't been my thing. I don't have particularly dry skin, but these powder foundations have made my skin look dry, dull and overly powdery, on top of not covering any of my imperfections. For reference, I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and I'm really acne prone. The reason I took a shot with this one, despite the price being slightly above what I normally shell out for foundations, was that it didn't seem to be completely matte, and looked quite buildable. Both things held true, and wow, I love this foundation!

I apply it with a round top buffer brush (Zoeva 104, to be exact) and it gives such a beautiful, buildable-to-medium-yet-very-natural-looking coverage. I start out by dotting a bit of liquid concealer where I need it the most, and then I buff this foundation onto my skin in circular motions, and the finish is amazing. It doesn't cover everything 100%, but it looks like natural skin. It also feels like you're barely wearing any makeup, which is frankly amazing to me, since I've used liquid foundations all year round since I was about 14. Summer of '17 - best makeup summer ever! It only took me 25 years...

The finish is, like I mentioned before, not quite matte to begin with, and when it's warmed up a bit on the skin it has a natural glow to it. I find that during long work days and warmer days, I might become a little bit shiny in the t-zone, but it's nothing that a little blotting or a dusting of whatever powder you have on hand won't take care of. And even when it does look a bit shiny, it doesn't slide around or evaporate in certain areas like some foundations tend to do on me. So I would say the wear-time, too, is excellent.

When I started using this foundation I was in the middle of a bad skin period, with lots of breakouts and little bumps going on. I'm not going to credit this foundation alone for my skin calming down a lot since, but I do think it might have contributed some. At least in the sense that where other heavy and congesting foundation would've worsened it, this actually gave my skin a breather. And, if I'm not mistaken, Pür claim to make "makeup that's good for your skin" - and maybe they're right about that. I also love that it doesn't exaggerate my pores, or settle weirdly into them. I have quite large pores on my cheeks, and with a primer underneath, this foundation makes them less noticeable than they usually are with liquid foundations.

I've been using it quite religiously for a few weeks now, and I've not made much of a dent in it yet, so I think it'll last me quite a long time. The packaging is sturdy and pretty, and includes a small mirror. The shade Light works well for my current skin tone (which goes from fair to a modest light during the summer), but I could probably do with an even lighter shade during the depths of winter. They do in fact have one lighter shade, labelled Porcelain, but while Light has neutral undertones (that works on me even if I have relatively cool undertones), Porcelain supposedly has golden undertones and probably won't fit me for that reason.

Right now I'm completely sold on this foundation, and I won't hesitate even for a second to repurchase it in the future! I think that's something, coming from an avid liquid foundation fan who usually scoff at powder foundations..

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan - all shades!
+ Beneficial skin care ingredients
+ SPF 15
+ Beautiful, your skin but better-finish
+ Doesn't exaggerate pores
+ 10+ shades (though there might not be a shade for those who have extremely fair or really deep skin tones)
+ Wears really well throughout the day
+ The price I think turned out to be pretty reasonable in the end, considering the result and how a little goes a long way

- May require a little bit of a touchup, if you have oilier areas and wear makeup for many hours - to me, it's not a problem
- As a truly fair, Scandinavian-skinned person, I would've loved to see an even lighter shade with cool undertones in the lineup

on 8/7/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually like this pressed mineral powder. IT has build able coverage. It transfers a little, I haven't seen much transfer because I don't really touch my face. I have combination skin and it hasn't broken me out. I've been using this for about three weeks now. I will definitely repurchase. My skin appears to be clearer since I've been using this.