OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons

OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons
Don't Pretzel My ButtonsDon't Pretzel My ButtonsOPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons

on 10/22/2016 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

To sum this up in a single sentence: It's a good polish but it's boring to look at.

I picked up the mini set from the Germany collection that was released for fall 2012 and this was one of the minis included that has been in my collection since then. Soo fast forward to fall 2016 when I finally pick this one up to give it a try. This mini has a teeny tiny little brush and it's a pain to paint with when you are used to the full sized ones, but the formula of this is so nice that it's workable even with tiny tools. This did look a little streaky on the first coat, but that was more of an uneven application than a true streaky formula. This is completely opaque in two beautiful coats of polish. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this warm tan/beige on my fair skin, but it actually doesn't clash at all or make my skin look ruddy. This has some warmth of tan/brown in it and it reminds me of coffee super heavy on the cream. It has a creamy milky color and it's quite nice on. As far as wear, I had this on for 5 days and I only had a slight bit of tip wear that wasn't very visible and only a single chip that was likely a result of a nail peeling than polish not adhering. While this is a really good polish, there isn't anything special about it color wise that I'd say you have to have this. It's a good to have on hand color, but it's rather boring and bland looking overall. I don't think this shade will suit all skintones though, so it's better to give this mini a try before buying the full size. While I quite like this one, I don't think I will need the full sized bottle. I have others that are likely dupes or close enough to not need a back up.

on 4/9/2015 3:47:00 PM

Love, love, love! It is hands down my most reached for polish. I really hope that I can find it still after I've used it all up. It's the perfect creme finish in between a brown and a nude. I love it and I can't get enough of it. It applies really well in 2 coats and dries to perfection. I can normally wear it for at least a week and a half without major damage and growth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I had resisted buying this for some time, because it can be so extremely hard to find a neutral that works with my pale, cool-toned complexion. Many are too pink or too yellow, not to mention too light or too dark. I bought this after seeing it in person at the shop, and, happily, it works very well for me. It's the first opaque neutral I've found that actually gives me attractive, chic mannequin hands. So many opaque nudes give me corpse hands, or look nice but aren't really that "neutral" on me, but this is a very pretty beige that leans ever-so-slightly toward the pink (in some lights, I think it might actually lean very slightly to the lavender, but only slightly), and, happily, it looks really nice and pretty on me.

Application is good, nice and smooth, and if wearing this as a base colour "undies" layer, one coat is sufficient. It's not streaky or patchy, but to get really perfect coverage, I think most people are going to need two coats, though, especially if wearing this as an actual manicure rather than just a base for glitters or special effects top coats, etc.

Really pleased with this purchase. :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Perfect opaque pinky beige that doesn't look chalky against my (NC43) skin. I've bought a other colors (RBL Grunge and Jane, OPI Tickle My France-y...) in this color family, and this was the first polish to give me the clean, chic effect I wanted.

on 12/16/2013 10:17:00 PM

Looks too much like foundation on my nails. I have Tickle My France-y as well and it is a much more natural looking nude on me.

on 11/25/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Out of all of the nude nail polishes I own, DPMB, my most recent acquisition, is the most 'brownest' nude. When I compare it to my favourite, OPI 'Samoan Sand', I can see that SS is more of beige-peach nude, and DPMB is a brown-nude. Nevertheless, I really like it. The application is excellent, it's one of the most opaque nudes I've tried, being completely opaque in 2 coats with no dragging or bubbling issues thanks to the wide brush. I feel that it doesn't clash with my NC25 skintone nor does it make me look sallow. It's just a lovely, inoffensive nude shade.

on 10/25/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This doesn't look at pink as the picture on my warm (very light) skin tone. It is a nude and is great for work when I have to be more conservative. Other than that, it is not that different or special.

on 8/14/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

this is exactly the colour of my skin and I would class it as the perfect french manicure beige for those who find most sheer french manicure type shades too rosy. It is still slightly sheer after 3 coats on me but I find it ends up bubbling with 3 coats so stick to just two to get a more even finish. Pretty, universal polish for yellow skin tones but nothing totally unique in anyway. Do not recommend for those who are cool toned as you will not like this shade.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this beige neutral! The wide brush is the best!! 3 strokes & the mani is perfect! This is a 2 coater & the wear was one of the best! If I'm careful & reapply a top coat everyday I can get this polish to last 4 or 5 days.

on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was looking for an opaque not too peachy nude and bought Don't Pretzel My Buttons, I'm so - so about it, really.

Haven't much to say about the formula, application, brush, packaging. Standard OPI, always perfect.

I'm still not sure if I like the color, though. It's a quite pale, WARM nude. I have fair skin, mostly neutral but with slight warm undertones (nowhere near as yellow as MAC NCs, though)

Don't Pretzel My Buttons has it's moments, manages to make my hands look very elegant or corpse-like according to the light. Won't repurchase.

Edit: At last I found a way it; two coats of Don't Pretzel My Buttons and one coat of ''Otherwise engaged'' by OPI make a lovely full coverage creamy nude with glossy lilac hints. The sheer lavender of OE balances the utter warmth of DPMB the combo looks fantastic!

Popular Polishes