La Mer The Brightening Essence Intense

No Image

2.0

Declustered Water,Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Yeast Extract, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 40, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Myristyl Alcohol, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seeds, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Plankton Extract, Tourmaline, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin,Ethylhexylglycerin, Caffeine, Acetyl Glucosamine, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Linoleate/Oleate,Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Whey Protein, Silica,Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Yeast Polysaccharides, Lecithin, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Linalool, Geraniol,Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Limonene, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

I really don feel that this product does much in terms of brightening. I really wanted to love it. Radiant serum much preferred.

on 3/7/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This serum has done utterly nothing for me. I do not have melasma, just a few slightly dark spots that can be covered up with concealer. I was already using a prescription retinoid in the PM and a good Vit C serum in the AM. I will finish up the bottle, but will not repurchase. Perhaps if you cannot use retinoids or Vit C, this might be an option, but if you're already using both of these, save your money and don't try this.

UPDATE: 12/21/12 ...... Okay, it's 12/21/12 and we're all still alive (Mayan calendar anyone? Ha ha!) .....but apart from that I thought I should update this review. First of all, I downgraded this to 3 lippies because it sort of leveled out and stopped working for me. I still have the initial lightening effect that this gave me, which is good, but it hasn't progressed any further. maybe there is only so much a product can do for pigmentation. I still like it just fine, but seeing as how it's leveled off in it's effectiveness, I think I am going to try another product.

--- ORIGINAL REVIEW: ....Wow. That is all I can say. I have tried so many products that claim they will lighten discolorations and not many work, and of those that do, they lighten just a little. But this Brightening Essence Intense is different. In just 2 weeks I already see a difference in my skin! My skin is so much more radiant and even-toned. I had some old, reddish-pink acne scars and a few age spots (from sun damage) on my cheeks, and in the past two weeks these have all lightened considerably ... The old acne spots are now just a very pale pink, and the age spots are a little lighter. This seems to work faster on the acne spots than the age spots, but it still works on both. And considering it's only been 2 weeks and I can see a difference already, I am very impressed! But even more surprising is just how even and radiant my skin looks overall - I could even go without foundation now. Just a few dabs of concealor and some powder to set, and I am good! This has really been transformational for my skin. I use this at night with a little of the La Mer Soft Cream over it, and then in the daytime I use the La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion (t-zone) and La Mer Soft Cream (cheeks and eyes). My skin has never looked as good as it looks now since starting to use La Mer skincare! Love it!