La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

2.0

1 review

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/11/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the past two years or so, I had been experiencing dry, peeling skin. I tried several brands--Clarins, Decleor, Perricone, and Sanitas skincare lines. However, they all left my skin feeling dry. I even used Amal oil and moisturizing face masks to resolve the issue, but my skin would still be very dry after cleansing. As a last resort, I found an old jar of the original La Mer cream and put a bit of that on my skin. The peeling and dry flakes went away immediately. The next morning, my skin looked hydrated and someone told me that my skin looked good. A few days later, I visited a La Mer counter and was advised to get the soft cream instead of the original since the texture is lighter. The soft cream has done wonders for my skin. My skin is much more hydrated; no more flakes! A little dab (a little more than pea size) is all I need for face and neck and it seems to be just as moisturizing as the original cream. It spreads much easier than the original and sinks right into my skin. By the way, I also use the La Mer cleansing foam and radiant serum under the moisturizer. The products are working; that is the good news. The bad news is the price. I am cutting back on some things to afford it because after trying so many other skincare lines, I believe this product is worth it.

Edited: I decided to update my original review. I had to stop using this product along with other products from the la mer line. It did get rid of the flakes but seemed to cause other problems in the long run. I ended up having to go to an esthetician to rebalance my skin.