La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.7

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Okay, hear me out. This moisturiser is awesome. I received a sample of it expecting to fully hate it, because the ingredients list is full of things I normally avoid: petrochemicals, fragrance, silicones, shea butter, and other things that have always broken me out in the past. I don't know what makes this concoction different. It costs an arm and a leg. It's in a jar. It's everything I hate, but my skin loves it. For reference, my skin is extremely reactive and sensitive, dry, and acne prone due to hormonal issues. While I have serums I love, I have been struggling to find a cream that could properly seal in all those actives and prevent water loss, but also wouldn't break me out. I was skipping foundation not because my skin looked good but because it was too flakey and rough textured no matter what I did. Enter La Mer. After a month of use (because I ran out and bought a small jar when that sample emptied), my skin is even toned, clear, hydrated, and healthy, and it stays that way all day and all night even in these wintry, dry conditions. I can't sing enough praises. Now I'm skipping foundation because I straight up don't need it. Everything else in my routine is cheap as chips (it's basically all The Ordinary serums and oils, CeraVe and Bioderma cleansers, plus an Avene sunscreen for day) so I feel I can justify splurging on this cream. All in all, if you have really confused skin that struggles to maintain balance, see if you can nab a sample of this moisturiser. You might love it, in which case I would like to pre-apologize to your wallet.

on 1/24/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Best skincare treatment / creme and worth every single penny. If you have not used this creme, soft creme, gel, lotion, oil absorbing lotion, or matte lotion for six months you have not experienced any of the true benefits of La Mer. I would bathe in Creme de La Mer if I could afford such luxury, but I will continue using a dime size amount three times per day (at minimum). Sorry, but some skincare treatments are slightly costly and provide impeccable overall radiance, healthy skin, and long-term positive results. If all an individual can state is that La Mer is “too expensive” then you are only looking at one aspect of the Creme. Just look into research by La Mer / Estée Lauder that explains and describes topical benefits.

I love this product. It gives my dehydrated skin a nice dewy finish and is much lighter than the classic cream. I'm on my 3rd jar now and love that my sensitive skin doesn't breakout with it. It's not a miracle cream that gets rid of all spots and imperfection (like La Mer claims lol) but the lightweight texture keeps me coming back.

on 4/27/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This white cream works very well as a daytime moisturizer for my dry and sensitive skin. The texture is not too thick so it goes on smoothly. I apply it over Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. My skin stays moist all day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I buy this product so long as I can afford it. I use a combination of derm grade products, natural products and even drug store products but this stuff always moisturizes my skin and leaves it so healthy. I buy it when I can you only need a little bit. But worth the investment.

on 8/22/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using la mer soft creme on and off for over 6 mths now due to I have a purging process from the product. But after I tried again for over 1 mth now the product reduce the appearance of my acne scar and it also calm and soothe my skin. I will definitely purchase again after I've run out of it. Love it!

on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.