La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.4

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/6/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as a gift, I witnessed no "transformation, rejuvenation, or renewal" of my skin. NONE! It did seem to moisturize effectively, but expected more considering the price and reputation. The consistency was similar to ancient cold-creams, but more spreadable. Though the jar came with a little scoop, I don't love open-lid jars due to their proclivity to contamination. Regardless, it would all be forgivable had I noticed the slightest difference in my skin.

on 5/30/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This made me look 3 years younger in two uses. I'm starting to notice lines around my nose and this softened those completely. But after a week, the effects wore off so I bought a jar.
I tried samples of the original creme de la mer and it was just an average moisturizer, so I almost tossed the sample of this moisturizing soft creme. I'm glad I used it because it's the best moisturizer I've used. And at $85.00 for a half ounce I'm glad this is in a jar. I have a ton of little scoop sticks I got at like the Dollar Tree so I don't contaminate my jars of product. I just hate the price, but I'm hooked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the original Creme de La Mer, but this was a greasy mess. I broke out immediately. Wouldn't recommend.

I wouldn't purchase this because I don't think it's worth the price point. However, this is a lovely cream that feels nice on the skin and didn't break me out.

on 9/27/2015 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My sister generously got me this cream for my birthday (I was as surprised as anyone - wow!). It smells as divine as you would expect a La Mer product to smell, light and fresh.

I use the applicator to put a pistachio-sized dollop on my fingertips, warm the cream up a bit, and then apply it to the face. It goes on smoothly and leaves behind a dewy finish that leaves my skin feeling nourished. In the summer, right after applying my skin felt a little greasy, but only slightly so. Now that we are in the cooler months it does not feel greasy at all, and I am curious to see how the cream will withhold the Canadian winter.

So far it seems that not a lot is required to cover the whole face, thus I think that it lasts for quite a while (I have the smallest jar size). However, I am not sure that I will repurchase after I finish it. The price is just waaaay too steep. But if you have fairly normal to slightly-dry skin, and can afford to treat yo self, I would recommend.

on 2/9/2014 4:10:00 PM

I purchased the soft cream about two months ago. I have combination skin that is also very sensitive, so I was VERY hesitant to try something new. For the first 2-3 weeks I thought it was amazing. I had a small acne scar on my face and after the first application it had noticeably diminished. However, now 2 months in, I am having MAJOR breakouts!! Prior to using this product, it was very rare for me to have any acne... At most I might have had 1 or 2 tiny pimples once a month. Now I am getting huge cystic acne that refuses to go away and is leaving scars. Once one zit goes away, three more pop up. I am thinking about switching to the moisturizing gel to see if that helps. I will definitely be discontinuing the use of the soft cream!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

on 7/8/2013 5:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this cream! I wanted to buy into the cult of La Mer. I liked this cream but wasn't entirely amazed. It is meant to be the softer version of the cult classic, but I found this cream to be very rich and thick, which left me so confused - if THIS is the lighter version, how can people be using the classic? Aside from this, I found it to be very hydrating and made my skin feel very supple, but for NZ$300 for a 30ml jar? No thank you. You can find a product with similar moisturising benefits for a fraction of the price. Nice cream but not for that price.

on 1/2/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I held out for 15 (FIFTEEN) years before finally relenting and giving this line a try, against my accountant's advice. To my semi-chagrin, my skin has never looked better. I have combo skin that tends to lean oily, and SOMEHOW, I can put this on under my Remede Mattifying lotion in the morning, and everything just stays where it's supposed to -- I am NOT accustomed to this, as typically any moisturizing product does little but assist my makeup to settle down somewhere around my ankles by 3:00pm... Then I put more of this stuff on at bedtime, and I wake up looking like l was still an undergrad.
Thanks, La Mer. I have brand-new skin after a month with you. Also, poverty is a given for me once I purchase the rest of the line. I am so conflicted, but at least I'll look 10 years younger in the process... :(

on 11/9/2012 3:52:00 PM

I have a couple of generous samples of this and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the application of it - no warming first, just put it on your face :) Unlike the heavy duty original, you can wear makeup over this. My real test of it though is putting it on at night and waking up to see how well it performed on my little lines on either side of my mouth. The original takes them away (okay, maybe virtually) but so did this cream too (as well as the lotion and gel also.) I'm 59 yrs old and believe me I would NOT shell out this kind of money for mediocre results. I would buy this when my samples run out. I think its effective; the only thing I'm not sure of is do I like it better than the moisturizing lotion for the daytime. For night - especially through the winter, I'll stick to the original.