La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by hair type : Curly
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.3

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Okay, hear me out. This moisturiser is awesome. I received a sample of it expecting to fully hate it, because the ingredients list is full of things I normally avoid: petrochemicals, fragrance, silicones, shea butter, and other things that have always broken me out in the past. I don't know what makes this concoction different. It costs an arm and a leg. It's in a jar. It's everything I hate, but my skin loves it. For reference, my skin is extremely reactive and sensitive, dry, and acne prone due to hormonal issues. While I have serums I love, I have been struggling to find a cream that could properly seal in all those actives and prevent water loss, but also wouldn't break me out. I was skipping foundation not because my skin looked good but because it was too flakey and rough textured no matter what I did. Enter La Mer. After a month of use (because I ran out and bought a small jar when that sample emptied), my skin is even toned, clear, hydrated, and healthy, and it stays that way all day and all night even in these wintry, dry conditions. I can't sing enough praises. Now I'm skipping foundation because I straight up don't need it. Everything else in my routine is cheap as chips (it's basically all The Ordinary serums and oils, CeraVe and Bioderma cleansers, plus an Avene sunscreen for day) so I feel I can justify splurging on this cream. All in all, if you have really confused skin that struggles to maintain balance, see if you can nab a sample of this moisturiser. You might love it, in which case I would like to pre-apologize to your wallet.

on 11/14/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I’ve received a few samples of this cream and I like it, but I still prefer the La Mer Gel-Cream. The Soft Cream is nice when my skin is drier; I apply a glycolic peel (Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pad) as directed, then top my serums with this cream. My skin really seems to drink this in and the dryness and roughness goes away overnight. I really think it’s the peel doing most of the work, but it’s still worth mentioning the cream. If for any reason my skin is irritated this helps calm that. The downsides: it has a dewy finish that I don’t care for and makes my skin a little greasy. I don’t have the velvety smooth feel like the Gel-Cream gives me. For those reasons alone I won’t buy a full size of the Soft Cream, but I still faithfully use the Gel-Cream, nothing compares to it. I’ll just ration my samples of the Soft Cream for when my skin is extra dry.

on 5/3/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Overly fragranced and not that moisturizing. It reminds me quite a bit of Ponds, but didn't leave my skin as soft. I also don't like the jar packaging since that must certainly impact the efficacy of the ingredients. Considering the price and reputation, this is a total dud for me.