La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.0

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

I love this product. It gives my dehydrated skin a nice dewy finish and is much lighter than the classic cream. I'm on my 3rd jar now and love that my sensitive skin doesn't breakout with it. It's not a miracle cream that gets rid of all spots and imperfection (like La Mer claims lol) but the lightweight texture keeps me coming back.

on 7/12/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in normal to dry with no skin issues, no acne, etc.
I don't care for this when compared to the original CDLM. I got a sample of this with my full size CDLM.
The soft creme is easier to spread. But to me it's greasier and takes longer to absorb. As far as moisturizing, I think both perform the same. But I prefer the original because the afterfeel is less greasy and it sinks in better. I don't think the soft creme is geared towards oily or clog prone skin.
As for all La Mer products, the price is ridiculous. And you can't get the 15ml version, only the larger sizes. Not a fan of cream moisturizers, so I'm pretty picky and will absolutely stop using something if it doesn't completely fit.

on 5/20/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.

on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face, in summer I use the moisturizing lotion. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and in cooler weather I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.

on 9/30/2012 12:34:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember when Coca-Cola introduced "New Coke", this cream is La Mer's "New Coke"...it is a disaster. I bought it (and am returning it today) and used it for a whole week. My 44 year old skin didn't feel plump and moisturized like it always did with regular La Mer (I've used the cream and the lotion in the past). I woke up every morning and I felt almost dry (in this September weather I don't get truly dry...but if I'd used this product in January it would have been a disaster). I'm SO disappointed in this product and predict it will be off the market within the year. A total FAIL. (BY THE WAY, I COPIED AND PASTED THIS TO THE LA MER WEBSITE AND THEY REFUSED TO PUBLISH IT)

on 9/27/2012 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As a die-hard Creme de La Mer user, I was very excited by their newly-touted "lighter" version of their regular cream. My thinking was that it would be perfect for the hotter, summer months. However, I was really underwhelmed. It doesn't appear to moisturize very much. I feel like I need to reapply in a few hours. Even that wonderful La Mer smell is absent. I think I'll just stick to the original.

on 9/14/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a couple of samples of this a few days ago. I love the original la mer cream. I buy it again and again even though I can't afford it. I find it to be the best moisturizer for me (dry, acne/clog prone skin) without any actives (I have tried a lot). the new soft cream version is lovely. it sinks right into my skin without having to warm it up to be able to spread it like the original one, I just press it in and my skin is plump, moisturized and glowy. I will probably buy the soft cream next spring since I know that its moisturizing action won't be enough for me during winter time, especially around my eyes (I use retinol and aha products to fight aging and I need extra moisture there since they can get terribly dry) but during the warmer months I guess it would be fabulous. also, if you're looking for a great hydrating mask, check out nuxe masque frais hydrant, my new favorite. the first hydrating mask that actually does something for me.

update: I love this. I have purchased the 30ml tub a week after I finished the sample because I missed it so much. it is very moisturizing but without the greasiness which some people might confuse with hydration.. I think it will be enough for this winter in berlin. good stuff. and a little still goes a long way.

Popular Moisturizers