La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

4.7

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/2/2018 6:36:00 PM

I received a sample of this Soft Cream with an unrelated makeup purchase from Holt Renfrew. The sample lasted a few days, long enough to see results. I was hoping I would dislike this expensive cream. I hate the fact that I loved it. Makeup looked so much better, boosted radiance and luminosity ... and those are not words I normally throw around. I also use Retin A twice weekly and this cream really helped counter any redness, flakiness or irritation. I may even be able to up my Retin A dose to thrice weekly for even better results. After one week I purchased a half ounce jar. Believe the hype, please don't choose to hate it just because it is coveted and expensive. Try a sample and see for yourself. A baby .5 oz jar of this cream is the price of a facial and much more effective imo. Especially recommended for plus 60 ladies like me. Soft Cream is particularly nice under foundation. It is easy to apply and does not need to be warmed between the fingers.

on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.

I was looking for a night moisturizer. I m glad that I found this one. This cream has a light texture and absorbs easily. I have oily and sensitive skin.This cream didn't irritate my skin and didnt cause any break outs. As a day moisturizer I m using LA MER Oil Absorbing Lotion which I love as well. Definitely would purchase this cream again!

on 3/22/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this product christmas 2013. Overall very satisfied. I have quite young skin, I was suffering from a rash that left my skin dry, red and irritated. I needed something to apply to my skin to give it lots of hydration and moisture without being too heavy. I found the soft cream perfect for my slightly acne prone skin.

Yes it is a little pricy, yet I feel this really gives my skin the best skin tone possible without any breakouts. It hydrates very well and leaves my skin looking plump and soft.

I have a sample of this and will write a real review (and add/subtract lippies as necessary) when I've used it longer. In the meantime, I contacted the company for the full ingredients list, which I was not able to find online, and here it is:

INGREDIENTS: ALGAE (SEAWEED) EXTRACT [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] PETROLATUM [] GLYCERYL DISTEARATE [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [] CHOLESTEROL [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] STEARETH-10 [] DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE SE [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED POWDER [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL [] EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS (EUCALYPTUS) LEAF OIL [] SODIUM GLUCONATE [] COPPER GLUCONATE [] CALCIUM GLUCONATE [] MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [] ZINC GLUCONATE [] TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE [] NIACIN [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED POWDER [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) PEEL EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT [] CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT [] SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT [] PLANKTON EXTRACT [] CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT [] GLYCERIN [] CAFFEINE [] SEA SALT\MARIS SAL\SEL MARIN [] MICROCOCCUS LYSATE [] DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE [] ADENOSINE PHOSPHATE [] CREATINE [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] SUCROSE [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] GLUCOSE OXIDASE [] POLYACRYLAMIDE [] ACETYL CARNITINE HCL [] GLUCOSE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE [] SODIUM PCA [] GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS [] UREA [] DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE [] DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LAURETH-7 [] LECITHIN [] TREHALOSE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] LACTOPEROXIDASE [] HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN [] CYANOCOBALAMIN [] PENTYLENE GLYCOL [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] CITRONELLOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] LIMONENE [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL continued >>