La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.4

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Okay, hear me out. This moisturiser is awesome. I received a sample of it expecting to fully hate it, because the ingredients list is full of things I normally avoid: petrochemicals, fragrance, silicones, shea butter, and other things that have always broken me out in the past. I don't know what makes this concoction different. It costs an arm and a leg. It's in a jar. It's everything I hate, but my skin loves it. For reference, my skin is extremely reactive and sensitive, dry, and acne prone due to hormonal issues. While I have serums I love, I have been struggling to find a cream that could properly seal in all those actives and prevent water loss, but also wouldn't break me out. I was skipping foundation not because my skin looked good but because it was too flakey and rough textured no matter what I did. Enter La Mer. After a month of use (because I ran out and bought a small jar when that sample emptied), my skin is even toned, clear, hydrated, and healthy, and it stays that way all day and all night even in these wintry, dry conditions. I can't sing enough praises. Now I'm skipping foundation because I straight up don't need it. Everything else in my routine is cheap as chips (it's basically all The Ordinary serums and oils, CeraVe and Bioderma cleansers, plus an Avene sunscreen for day) so I feel I can justify splurging on this cream. All in all, if you have really confused skin that struggles to maintain balance, see if you can nab a sample of this moisturiser. You might love it, in which case I would like to pre-apologize to your wallet.

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! I can finally reap the benefits of La Mer. I've tried the original cream (which was too greasy for me) and the lotion (which seemed to make me break out and make my face itchy). I have dermatitis and extremely sensitive skin where I get weird rashes and my skin peels/flakes off from alot of skincare products. Anyways, the soft cream does not irritate my skin! In fact, it makes it soo soft and dewy. It hydrates it perfectly. I have combo skin which gets super dry on my chin, mouth, and nose area during the winter. This cream is still pretty thick, yet it feels like its penetrating into my skin and actually helps moisturize the dry parts of my face, at the same time keeping my tzone area non oily. Usually by 2pm, my tzones are really oily where I have to blot. With this cream, I no longer need to blot.

I have fairly good skin (except for the dermatitis). I am 33 with no wrinkles so I can't really say if its helping with wrinkles and anti anging as it claims to do. But I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. And it does help with the redness and it makes my pores seem smaller. At $150/ounce, I dont think it's super expensive. I've used Guerlain, Chantecaille, SKII, and La Prairie in the past, which are priced at the same range, if not more. And if you break it down, its less than $2 a day which I think is worth paying, instead of paying for a face lift when I am older and wrinkly.

on 9/14/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a couple of samples of this a few days ago. I love the original la mer cream. I buy it again and again even though I can't afford it. I find it to be the best moisturizer for me (dry, acne/clog prone skin) without any actives (I have tried a lot). the new soft cream version is lovely. it sinks right into my skin without having to warm it up to be able to spread it like the original one, I just press it in and my skin is plump, moisturized and glowy. I will probably buy the soft cream next spring since I know that its moisturizing action won't be enough for me during winter time, especially around my eyes (I use retinol and aha products to fight aging and I need extra moisture there since they can get terribly dry) but during the warmer months I guess it would be fabulous. also, if you're looking for a great hydrating mask, check out nuxe masque frais hydrant, my new favorite. the first hydrating mask that actually does something for me.

update: I love this. I have purchased the 30ml tub a week after I finished the sample because I missed it so much. it is very moisturizing but without the greasiness which some people might confuse with hydration.. I think it will be enough for this winter in berlin. good stuff. and a little still goes a long way.

I was looking for a night moisturizer. I m glad that I found this one. This cream has a light texture and absorbs easily. I have oily and sensitive skin.This cream didn't irritate my skin and didnt cause any break outs. As a day moisturizer I m using LA MER Oil Absorbing Lotion which I love as well. Definitely would purchase this cream again!

on 11/6/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as a gift, I witnessed no "transformation, rejuvenation, or renewal" of my skin. NONE! It did seem to moisturize effectively, but expected more considering the price and reputation. The consistency was similar to ancient cold-creams, but more spreadable. Though the jar came with a little scoop, I don't love open-lid jars due to their proclivity to contamination. Regardless, it would all be forgivable had I noticed the slightest difference in my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the original Creme de La Mer, but this was a greasy mess. I broke out immediately. Wouldn't recommend.

on 2/1/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Spent over 300 dollars on this cream. Did nothing but break me out, real bad. Has mineral oil in it. Definitely not worth the hype or price. Luckily Nordstrom has a great return policy. Returned it and got a full refund back. Staying far away from la mer as possible.