La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.4

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed reviews about this product, especially as it is so pricey. Like many people I wanted to experience the hype surrounding it and so I bought it for my birthday as a treat to myself. I was assured that the creme in question would brighten up my face, get rid of any unwanted pigmentation, acne scars and even spots. So stupidly, I expected this product to be a miracle worker by rectifying years of battling acne and the scars left behind. After cleansing my face, I would apply this cream only at night as i felt it was a bit heavy and oily to apply before my make up in the morning. Though my skin was a lot smoother than before, my face did not look brighter nor did it really get rid of the pigmentation. I may have given it a better review if it was far cheaper, but for its price tag I don't recommend it. lemon and peppermint essential oil and a home made exfoliator does far more than this product. Save your coins!!!

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 PM

I tried the original first, and felt it to be too heavy. So disappointing. It does not make my skin smooth, broke me out, I'm 54, expensive, and I hate the smell. This line must have cult followers because I have no idea who would buy it.😬

on 5/30/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This made me look 3 years younger in two uses. I'm starting to notice lines around my nose and this softened those completely. But after a week, the effects wore off so I bought a jar.
I tried samples of the original creme de la mer and it was just an average moisturizer, so I almost tossed the sample of this moisturizing soft creme. I'm glad I used it because it's the best moisturizer I've used. And at $85.00 for a half ounce I'm glad this is in a jar. I have a ton of little scoop sticks I got at like the Dollar Tree so I don't contaminate my jars of product. I just hate the price, but I'm hooked.

on 4/27/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This white cream works very well as a daytime moisturizer for my dry and sensitive skin. The texture is not too thick so it goes on smoothly I apply it over Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. It's packaged in a large, heavy, glass jar.

on 7/12/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in normal to dry with no skin issues, no acne, etc.
I don't care for this when compared to the original CDLM. I got a sample of this with my full size CDLM.
The soft creme is easier to spread. But to me it's greasier and takes longer to absorb. As far as moisturizing, I think both perform the same. But I prefer the original because the afterfeel is less greasy and it sinks in better. I don't think the soft creme is geared towards oily or clog prone skin.
As for all La Mer products, the price is ridiculous. And you can't get the 15ml version, only the larger sizes. Not a fan of cream moisturizers, so I'm pretty picky and will absolutely stop using something if it doesn't completely fit.

on 7/6/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.

on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face, in summer I use the moisturizing lotion. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and in cooler weather I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.