La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Okay, hear me out. This moisturiser is awesome. I received a sample of it expecting to fully hate it, because the ingredients list is full of things I normally avoid: petrochemicals, fragrance, silicones, shea butter, and other things that have always broken me out in the past. I don't know what makes this concoction different. It costs an arm and a leg. It's in a jar. It's everything I hate, but my skin loves it. For reference, my skin is extremely reactive and sensitive, dry, and acne prone due to hormonal issues. While I have serums I love, I have been struggling to find a cream that could properly seal in all those actives and prevent water loss, but also wouldn't break me out. I was skipping foundation not because my skin looked good but because it was too flakey and rough textured no matter what I did. Enter La Mer. After a month of use (because I ran out and bought a small jar when that sample emptied), my skin is even toned, clear, hydrated, and healthy, and it stays that way all day and all night even in these wintry, dry conditions. I can't sing enough praises. Now I'm skipping foundation because I straight up don't need it. Everything else in my routine is cheap as chips (it's basically all The Ordinary serums and oils, CeraVe and Bioderma cleansers, plus an Avene sunscreen for day) so I feel I can justify splurging on this cream. All in all, if you have really confused skin that struggles to maintain balance, see if you can nab a sample of this moisturiser. You might love it, in which case I would like to pre-apologize to your wallet.

on 3/2/2018 6:36:00 PM

I received a sample of this Soft Cream with an unrelated makeup purchase from Holt Renfrew. The sample lasted a few days, long enough to see results. I was hoping I would dislike this expensive cream. I hate the fact that I loved it. Makeup looked so much better, boosted radiance and luminosity ... and those are not words I normally throw around. I also use Retin A twice weekly and this cream really helped counter any redness, flakiness or irritation. I may even be able to up my Retin A dose to thrice weekly for even better results. After one week I purchased a half ounce jar. Believe the hype, please don't choose to hate it just because it is coveted and expensive. Try a sample and see for yourself. A baby .5 oz jar of this cream is the price of a facial and much more effective imo. Especially recommended for plus 60 ladies like me. Soft Cream is particularly nice under foundation. It is easy to apply and does not need to be warmed between the fingers.

on 1/24/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Best skincare treatment / creme and worth every single penny. If you have not used this creme, soft creme, gel, lotion, oil absorbing lotion, or matte lotion for six months you have not experienced any of the true benefits of La Mer. I would bathe in Creme de La Mer if I could afford such luxury, but I will continue using a dime size amount three times per day (at minimum). Sorry, but some skincare treatments are slightly costly and provide impeccable overall radiance, healthy skin, and long-term positive results. If all an individual can state is that La Mer is “too expensive” then you are only looking at one aspect of the Creme. Just look into research by La Mer / Estée Lauder that explains and describes topical benefits.

I love this product. It gives my dehydrated skin a nice dewy finish and is much lighter than the classic cream. I'm on my 3rd jar now and love that my sensitive skin doesn't breakout with it. It's not a miracle cream that gets rid of all spots and imperfection (like La Mer claims lol) but the lightweight texture keeps me coming back.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cream transforms my skin and repairs the damage from the past fast! Every time I take a break, I regret it and run to Nordstrom to get right again. I use it as my night cream but will swap my standard day cream from time to time to give my skin a boost. It's liquid gold, love it!!

on 5/30/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This made me look 3 years younger in two uses. I'm starting to notice lines around my nose and this softened those completely. But after a week, the effects wore off so I bought a jar.
I tried samples of the original creme de la mer and it was just an average moisturizer, so I almost tossed the sample of this moisturizing soft creme. I'm glad I used it because it's the best moisturizer I've used. And at $85.00 for a half ounce I'm glad this is in a jar. I have a ton of little scoop sticks I got at like the Dollar Tree so I don't contaminate my jars of product. I just hate the price, but I'm hooked.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I buy this product so long as I can afford it. I use a combination of derm grade products, natural products and even drug store products but this stuff always moisturizes my skin and leaves it so healthy. I buy it when I can you only need a little bit. But worth the investment.

on 8/22/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using la mer soft creme on and off for over 6 mths now due to I have a purging process from the product. But after I tried again for over 1 mth now the product reduce the appearance of my acne scar and it also calm and soothe my skin. I will definitely purchase again after I've run out of it. Love it!

on 7/6/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.

on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.