La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 PM

I tried the original first, and felt it to be too heavy. So disappointing. It does not make my skin smooth, broke me out, I'm 54, expensive, and I hate the smell. This line must have cult followers because I have no idea who would buy it.😬

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the original Creme de La Mer, but this was a greasy mess. I broke out immediately. Wouldn't recommend.

on 2/1/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Spent over 300 dollars on this cream. Did nothing but break me out, real bad. Has mineral oil in it. Definitely not worth the hype or price. Luckily Nordstrom has a great return policy. Returned it and got a full refund back. Staying far away from la mer as possible.

CAUTION if you have allergies. Like a few other reviewers, I found this expensive cream has eucalyptus in it to which I am highly allergic. Within minutes after applying, my face turned bright red and began burning. It took prescription cream to return my skin to normal.

on 5/11/2014 2:17:00 PM

I've really got to laugh at the claims of this cream. Believe me it does nothing.I'm 57 and got into skincare in my early twenties.Yes I've aged ,but this is one of the worst anti aging creams I've come across.It contains irritants like eucalyptus and lime. Eucalyptus oil is one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is, even in small amounts, yet this expensive product contains it. And it's fragranced.It will moisturise but so will hundreds of drugstore products at a fraction of the price.Any goodness in this cream and to be fair it does contain some beneficial ingredients.But they are wasted thanks to the jar packaging.These ingredients must be protected from air and light to be effective.If you need a basic moisturiser(because that's all this is) try the drug store. I could write the same review for the original La Mer.Honestly people, please save your money this is SO not worth it.

on 5/20/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.

on 3/26/2013 11:39:00 PM

I want this product to work as it claims so bad. I have used shiseido products for more than 10 years. I thought I would check out La Mer as I age. But, sadly, it is not working. I have combination sensitive skin. It's kind of oily on spring hot days and during summer. I have been using La Mer products for 6 months now. I have also used La Mer original cream, which slightly more moisturize than the soft cream. Other than that, the rest of the effects are same to me.
So, I will start with positive effects on my skin.
Does it break me out? NO, it doesn't.
Does it help shrinking my pores? Yes, it does. My pores seem tighter.
Does it have soothing effect? Yes, it does.
Is it moisturizing enough? NO, it doesn't. I have to use more than the SA recommended. After a few hours (1-2 hrs), I feel like I need to put it on again. Instead of moist and smooth appearance, my skin looks dry, dull, and some kind of white dusts seem sitting on my face. When I put it on again, just a layer of oil sits on my face. No glow at all. I do not wear foundation. For some occasions, I wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which didn't go on smoothly with this La Mer soft cream.
Does it help with dark acne spot? NO, it doesn't. It doesn't darken my spots but it doesn't help in any way either.
What about the fine lines and wrinkles? I have noticed more fine lines on my forehead and around my lips when I smile. I didn't have those fine lines before I used La Mer. I don't know I age fast during 6 month period of using La Mer or it is because of La Mer.
So, I have decided to stop using it starting from today. I don't have large pores to begin with. So just tightening my pores is not worth the price. I will use the rest on my hand. I will not buy it again. I will not recommend it to anyone. Going back to where I belongs to.

Update on April 1st: So I stopped using La Mer and have gone back to using Shiseido. I've noticed my skin becomes smoother and my fine lines on my forehead become less noticeable. My skin has gone back to glowing and smooth. Dryness has gone away. I am a happy person again. I went to shopping at Nordstrom yesterday and visited some cosmetic counters. Some salse associates asked me what kind of skincare products I was using because they thought I had great skin. I just wear Shiseido serum & cream, Bobbi brown concealer, and Chanel powder. So, if you want to try La Mer, try it. Just do not have a high hope that it is a miracle product. There is nothing miracle about it, imao. If you want to try, be prepared to do exfoliation more often.

on 9/30/2012 12:34:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember when Coca-Cola introduced "New Coke", this cream is La Mer's "New Coke"...it is a disaster. I bought it (and am returning it today) and used it for a whole week. My 44 year old skin didn't feel plump and moisturized like it always did with regular La Mer (I've used the cream and the lotion in the past). I woke up every morning and I felt almost dry (in this September weather I don't get truly dry...but if I'd used this product in January it would have been a disaster). I'm SO disappointed in this product and predict it will be off the market within the year. A total FAIL. (BY THE WAY, I COPIED AND PASTED THIS TO THE LA MER WEBSITE AND THEY REFUSED TO PUBLISH IT)

on 11/6/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as a gift, I witnessed no "transformation, rejuvenation, or renewal" of my skin. NONE! It did seem to moisturize effectively, but expected more considering the price and reputation. The consistency was similar to ancient cold-creams, but more spreadable. Though the jar came with a little scoop, I don't love open-lid jars due to their proclivity to contamination. Regardless, it would all be forgivable had I noticed the slightest difference in my skin.

on 5/3/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Overly fragranced and not that moisturizing. It reminds me quite a bit of Ponds, but didn't leave my skin as soft. I also don't like the jar packaging since that must certainly impact the efficacy of the ingredients. Considering the price and reputation, this is a total dud for me.

Popular Moisturizers