La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.7

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/2/2018 6:36:00 PM

I received a sample of this Soft Cream with an unrelated makeup purchase from Holt Renfrew. The sample lasted a few days, long enough to see results. I was hoping I would dislike this expensive cream. I hate the fact that I loved it. Makeup looked so much better, boosted radiance and luminosity ... and those are not words I normally throw around. I also use Retin A twice weekly and this cream really helped counter any redness, flakiness or irritation. I may even be able to up my Retin A dose to thrice weekly for even better results. After one week I purchased a half ounce jar. Believe the hype, please don't choose to hate it just because it is coveted and expensive. Try a sample and see for yourself. A baby .5 oz jar of this cream is the price of a facial and much more effective imo. Especially recommended for plus 60 ladies like me. Soft Cream is particularly nice under foundation. It is easy to apply and does not need to be warmed between the fingers.

on 4/27/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This white cream works very well as a daytime moisturizer for my dry and sensitive skin. The texture is not too thick so it goes on smoothly. I apply it over Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. My skin stays moist all day.

on 7/6/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.

on 11/9/2012 3:52:00 PM

I have a couple of generous samples of this and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the application of it - no warming first, just put it on your face :) Unlike the heavy duty original, you can wear makeup over this. My real test of it though is putting it on at night and waking up to see how well it performed on my little lines on either side of my mouth. The original takes them away (okay, maybe virtually) but so did this cream too (as well as the lotion and gel also.) I'm 59 yrs old and believe me I would NOT shell out this kind of money for mediocre results. I would buy this when my samples run out. I think its effective; the only thing I'm not sure of is do I like it better than the moisturizing lotion for the daytime. For night - especially through the winter, I'll stick to the original.

on 11/6/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as a gift, I witnessed no "transformation, rejuvenation, or renewal" of my skin. NONE! It did seem to moisturize effectively, but expected more considering the price and reputation. The consistency was similar to ancient cold-creams, but more spreadable. Though the jar came with a little scoop, I don't love open-lid jars due to their proclivity to contamination. Regardless, it would all be forgivable had I noticed the slightest difference in my skin.

on 5/11/2014 2:17:00 PM

I've really got to laugh at the claims of this cream. Believe me it does nothing.I'm 57 and got into skincare in my early twenties.Yes I've aged ,but this is one of the worst anti aging creams I've come across.It contains irritants like eucalyptus and lime. Eucalyptus oil is one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is, even in small amounts, yet this expensive product contains it. And it's fragranced.It will moisturise but so will hundreds of drugstore products at a fraction of the price.Any goodness in this cream and to be fair it does contain some beneficial ingredients.But they are wasted thanks to the jar packaging.These ingredients must be protected from air and light to be effective.If you need a basic moisturiser(because that's all this is) try the drug store. I could write the same review for the original La Mer.Honestly people, please save your money this is SO not worth it.