La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

2.9

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/2/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the gel cream, the original cream not as much, due to the texture, but this is awesome. Beautiful silky texture, lovely La Mer scent, and moisturizes perfectly. Not greasy, just sinks in and gives the perfect canvas for makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have no problem with this, in fact it is quite soothing. This and Mir moisturizer are my absolute favorites, and of course both incredibly expensive, but so worth it, imho. =)

I received a sample with a recent purchase. I kind of refused to try La Mer because of the high price tag and the whole "hype" around it. Or in other words the whole story around. The price tag was more of a turn off and the policy of the counters (where I have been to so far) not to give out one single sample.
I tried it in real colder temps recently during day time. At that time it was not enough. I then combined it with Arganoil and it worked perfect. Now with milder temperatures it is just great. My skin has a bit of a glowing touch and it looks as if my skin is really well hydrated when I wear the cream only. The sample lasted me two weeks with a daily use in the morning. I purchased another sample and will use that. I am really at the point where I will buy this as a full size once I used up the other sample. The price is expensive, I gave it a 4. I know there are products out there which are more expensive. The overall rating is a 5 for me. So far it is the best product that I had on my skin.

I have a sample of this and will write a real review (and add/subtract lippies as necessary) when I've used it longer. In the meantime, I contacted the company for the full ingredients list, which I was not able to find online, and here it is:

INGREDIENTS: ALGAE (SEAWEED) EXTRACT [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] PETROLATUM [] GLYCERYL DISTEARATE [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [] CHOLESTEROL [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] STEARETH-10 [] DIMETHICONE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE SE [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED POWDER [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL [] EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS (EUCALYPTUS) LEAF OIL [] SODIUM GLUCONATE [] COPPER GLUCONATE [] CALCIUM GLUCONATE [] MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [] ZINC GLUCONATE [] TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE [] NIACIN [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED POWDER [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) PEEL EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT [] CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT [] SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT [] PLANKTON EXTRACT [] CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT [] GLYCERIN [] CAFFEINE [] SEA SALT\MARIS SAL\SEL MARIN [] MICROCOCCUS LYSATE [] DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE [] ADENOSINE PHOSPHATE [] CREATINE [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] SUCROSE [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] GLUCOSE OXIDASE [] POLYACRYLAMIDE [] ACETYL CARNITINE HCL [] GLUCOSE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE [] SODIUM PCA [] GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS [] UREA [] DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE [] DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LAURETH-7 [] LECITHIN [] TREHALOSE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] LACTOPEROXIDASE [] HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN [] CYANOCOBALAMIN [] PENTYLENE GLYCOL [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] CITRONELLOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] LIMONENE [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL continued >>

on 3/17/2015 3:05:00 PM

Ok, I'm 50+ and have tried every creme and I wanted to try this very expensive creme La Mer. Totally disappointed, just like every other creme in CVS. In fact L'Oreal Paris Revita-Lift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream is much better and for the fraction of the cost $13.97 opposed to 0.5 oz $85.00. Don't waste your money, please please don't do it!

on 1/24/2018 10:25:00 PM

Chanel Sublimage Texture Fine is much better at this price range! This is just boring, moisturiser yes but not much more. At this price you expect complete change, that isn’t the case at all... soooo boring!

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 PM

I tried the original first, and felt it to be too heavy. So disappointing. It does not make my skin smooth, broke me out, I'm 54, expensive, and I hate the smell. This line must have cult followers because I have no idea who would buy it.😬

on 9/30/2012 12:34:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember when Coca-Cola introduced "New Coke", this cream is La Mer's "New Coke"...it is a disaster. I bought it (and am returning it today) and used it for a whole week. My 44 year old skin didn't feel plump and moisturized like it always did with regular La Mer (I've used the cream and the lotion in the past). I woke up every morning and I felt almost dry (in this September weather I don't get truly dry...but if I'd used this product in January it would have been a disaster). I'm SO disappointed in this product and predict it will be off the market within the year. A total FAIL. (BY THE WAY, I COPIED AND PASTED THIS TO THE LA MER WEBSITE AND THEY REFUSED TO PUBLISH IT)