La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever come across with. I have been using Skin caviar by La Prarie for a long time and lately switched to La Mer soft cream. the product is expensive but a little goes a long way. Im still on my first jar after 5 months. My skin is looking so good: moisturized, luminous, and wrinkle free. I can't imagine any kind of substitute to this incredible cream. it takes some time to see its benefits (a couple of months) but ones you start noticing them you will be glad u stuck to the jar for so long.

Well, this is a brand new product just launched this month, and so far I love it! I have used the original La Mer cream before, and that was just too rich and thick for my oily skin, no matter how little I used. But this Soft Cream is divine! It has the consistency of a light whipped cream, very silky, lightweight and airy, but still very moisturizing. It is formulated with brand new technology that layers and encapsulates the patented La Mer "Miracle Broth" within tiny microspheres that penetrate skin and then break open releasing the moisture deep within skin, instead of just sitting on top.
To apply, I take just a bit on my fingertips and rub them together, then press into my skin around my eyes and on my cheeks where my skin is "normal" in the warm months and drier in the winter (I use the La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion on my oily t-zone), and within minutes the Soft Cream is absorbed leaving behind a smooth, soft, natural finish.
Also, my skin has improved so much since using La Mer skincare. I am very, very happy and satisfied with this product! It's perfect! Good job on this one, La Mer!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I held out for 15 (FIFTEEN) years before finally relenting and giving this line a try, against my accountant's advice. To my semi-chagrin, my skin has never looked better. I have combo skin that tends to lean oily, and SOMEHOW, I can put this on under my Remede Mattifying lotion in the morning, and everything just stays where it's supposed to -- I am NOT accustomed to this, as typically any moisturizing product does little but assist my makeup to settle down somewhere around my ankles by 3:00pm... Then I put more of this stuff on at bedtime, and I wake up looking like l was still an undergrad.
Thanks, La Mer. I have brand-new skin after a month with you. Also, poverty is a given for me once I purchase the rest of the line. I am so conflicted, but at least I'll look 10 years younger in the process... :(

on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face, in summer I use the moisturizing lotion. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and in cooler weather I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.

It started a week ago. I went into a dept. store and decided that, at 42, I was ready to check out the LaMer counter. I tried the traditional creme, the soft cream and the translucent loose powder. I heard the SA�s instructions on how to apply the cream and left to ponder and wait for possible fabulous results... I came back in30min to purchase the loose powder (simply outstanding) and a few days later bought the soft cream online. It arrived today, I applied it a few hours ago and my skin really looks amazing! My few lines are there, my few spots, etc..I am still myself.But my skin looks amazing, plump, glowy and kind of healthier. Update: after reading tons of reviews and comparisons with German Nivea Creme, I went out and bought a tin of nivea.. have just applied it, after warming it up in my hands and patting it in. Nivea feels great and makes me look just as nice. I remember back in the 80s my aunt used to only use German Nivea.. I will keep using both, maybe one on each side of my face to see long term effects.
Update:March 2013: I have noticed that although my skin feels amazing and looks better with LaMer, my brown spots seem more prominent.. either the cream is dakening them or lightening the skin aound them.. I have 04 spots that I hate.. and even my partner says they look darker sometimes (the morning after I use La Mer..)
Further update: Aug 2013 - I finished the soft cream and got a jar of the traditional CDLM , but the truth is that German Nivea gives me the same plumped, cushioned skin the next day. I find myself reaching for the nivea more and more. No 3 lippies for CDLM, after all for that price tag it has to deliver.

on 9/27/2012 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As a die-hard Creme de La Mer user, I was very excited by their newly-touted "lighter" version of their regular cream. My thinking was that it would be perfect for the hotter, summer months. However, I was really underwhelmed. It doesn't appear to moisturize very much. I feel like I need to reapply in a few hours. Even that wonderful La Mer smell is absent. I think I'll just stick to the original.