La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.6

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Shea butter, Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesame Seed Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lime Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Okay, hear me out. This moisturiser is awesome. I received a sample of it expecting to fully hate it, because the ingredients list is full of things I normally avoid: petrochemicals, fragrance, silicones, shea butter, and other things that have always broken me out in the past. I don't know what makes this concoction different. It costs an arm and a leg. It's in a jar. It's everything I hate, but my skin loves it. For reference, my skin is extremely reactive and sensitive, dry, and acne prone due to hormonal issues. While I have serums I love, I have been struggling to find a cream that could properly seal in all those actives and prevent water loss, but also wouldn't break me out. I was skipping foundation not because my skin looked good but because it was too flakey and rough textured no matter what I did. Enter La Mer. After a month of use (because I ran out and bought a small jar when that sample emptied), my skin is even toned, clear, hydrated, and healthy, and it stays that way all day and all night even in these wintry, dry conditions. I can't sing enough praises. Now I'm skipping foundation because I straight up don't need it. Everything else in my routine is cheap as chips (it's basically all The Ordinary serums and oils, CeraVe and Bioderma cleansers, plus an Avene sunscreen for day) so I feel I can justify splurging on this cream. All in all, if you have really confused skin that struggles to maintain balance, see if you can nab a sample of this moisturiser. You might love it, in which case I would like to pre-apologize to your wallet.

on 8/22/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using la mer soft creme on and off for over 6 mths now due to I have a purging process from the product. But after I tried again for over 1 mth now the product reduce the appearance of my acne scar and it also calm and soothe my skin. I will definitely purchase again after I've run out of it. Love it!

on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

on 9/14/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a couple of samples of this a few days ago. I love the original la mer cream. I buy it again and again even though I can't afford it. I find it to be the best moisturizer for me (dry, acne/clog prone skin) without any actives (I have tried a lot). the new soft cream version is lovely. it sinks right into my skin without having to warm it up to be able to spread it like the original one, I just press it in and my skin is plump, moisturized and glowy. I will probably buy the soft cream next spring since I know that its moisturizing action won't be enough for me during winter time, especially around my eyes (I use retinol and aha products to fight aging and I need extra moisture there since they can get terribly dry) but during the warmer months I guess it would be fabulous. also, if you're looking for a great hydrating mask, check out nuxe masque frais hydrant, my new favorite. the first hydrating mask that actually does something for me.

update: I love this. I have purchased the 30ml tub a week after I finished the sample because I missed it so much. it is very moisturizing but without the greasiness which some people might confuse with hydration.. I think it will be enough for this winter in berlin. good stuff. and a little still goes a long way.

I was looking for a night moisturizer. I m glad that I found this one. This cream has a light texture and absorbs easily. I have oily and sensitive skin.This cream didn't irritate my skin and didnt cause any break outs. As a day moisturizer I m using LA MER Oil Absorbing Lotion which I love as well. Definitely would purchase this cream again!

I wouldn't purchase this because I don't think it's worth the price point. However, this is a lovely cream that feels nice on the skin and didn't break me out.

on 11/19/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used to use the regular creme de la mer formula till this came out. I like it better because it's lighter but still has the same moisturizing qualities. Soooo pricey but it really makes my skin soft and radiant.

on 3/22/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this product christmas 2013. Overall very satisfied. I have quite young skin, I was suffering from a rash that left my skin dry, red and irritated. I needed something to apply to my skin to give it lots of hydration and moisture without being too heavy. I found the soft cream perfect for my slightly acne prone skin.

Yes it is a little pricy, yet I feel this really gives my skin the best skin tone possible without any breakouts. It hydrates very well and leaves my skin looking plump and soft.

on 9/27/2015 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My sister generously got me this cream for my birthday (I was as surprised as anyone - wow!). It smells as divine as you would expect a La Mer product to smell, light and fresh.

I use the applicator to put a pistachio-sized dollop on my fingertips, warm the cream up a bit, and then apply it to the face. It goes on smoothly and leaves behind a dewy finish that leaves my skin feeling nourished. In the summer, right after applying my skin felt a little greasy, but only slightly so. Now that we are in the cooler months it does not feel greasy at all, and I am curious to see how the cream will withhold the Canadian winter.

So far it seems that not a lot is required to cover the whole face, thus I think that it lasts for quite a while (I have the smallest jar size). However, I am not sure that I will repurchase after I finish it. The price is just waaaay too steep. But if you have fairly normal to slightly-dry skin, and can afford to treat yo self, I would recommend.

on 3/4/2015 11:36:00 AM

This has a much more workable consistency than the original cream, which I have also used. Sadly, it did not live up to the hype for me. I used an entire container virtually every day and I was less than impressed. It certainly moisturises the skin but so do many other far less expensive creams. On the plus side, it works really well around the eyes and smells great. But I did not find that it improved firmness nor did it reduce pores. Perhaps La Mer is more effective on mature skin? Either way, I do not plan on buying it again.