Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

Water (Aqua), Emulsifying Wax NF, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Agave Americana Leaf Extract

on 4/12/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Works really well on my 3b curls I like the soft, clean smell & love that the scent lingers!!! Doesn't offer much hold though, so if you have kinky or coiled hair this probably won't be useful to you. I use it in addition to my usual routine, not as a stand alone product. Makes my hair very soft, but adds a minimal amount of shine.

on 1/16/2016 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this stuff!!!!

I have naturally tight spiral curls 3b mixed with 3a & 3c's and don't mind the fabric softener scent this has. I do the LOC method so after I apply my oil I use about a quarter sized amount if not a lil more and scrunch through my hair..end result perfect soft but defined non frizzy curls for me!!!!!

*I prefer using this in the colder months over the warm summer months just because IMO when I use it in the summer I notice more frizz while using this.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/26/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've got a 4c TWA (teeny weeny afro) and this product did nothing for my hair. No curls at all and at the end of the evening I had "peppercorns" on the ends of my hair. I'm really disappointed because Miss Jessie's products are expensive. I was hoping for more curls and I got almost none.

As I read other reviews, I think this is a product that is best for people who have naturally curly or wavy hair. My hair is naturally kinky and coily, so it didn't work for me.

This stuff is by far the best curl cream I've ever used, and I have used everything under the sun from high end to drugstore brands. This stuff takes the cake. It makes my curls and waves bouncy and eliminates frizz and just makes my hair look really beautiful. I believe this stuff is geared towards ethnic women bc it was in that section, but I'm Caucasian and my hair is wavy and frizzy and this stuff works beautifully. I highly recommend it to anyone no matter what ethnicity you are. If you have wavy or curly hair I think you'll love it. I have seen complaints of people not liking the smell and saying it smells like detergent. It does have a smell like that, but I actually really love it lol. I feel like my hair smells clean and fresh. The only criticism I have is that it's pretty expensive. However, it is worth it. Definitely going to keep buying this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another product I was disappointed in but I do think it has everything to do with my hair type and needs. I have lazy 2A/2B fine hair that was straightened for many years because every stylist until lately told me I had pin straight hair. So I am just getting used to and loving having wavy hair.

Therefore I am trying every product that is recommended for curly wavy hair trying to find my favorites and I think this is for curlier hair wanting a soft finish. Me: I want the crunch you all don't want. Some substance that will give me some hold to my wimpy hair that I can then work out after I work on the scrunching. So send me your rejects. Maybe I need to look at the bad reviews. I definitely need some curly girl help. I am only in the 101 classes so far.

Update: This works great for my husband's 3B hair even though he complains about the texture: soapy! and worries that his hair now looks Too curly. He has not embraced his curly hair but instead is used to scraping it back! But I love how it looks on him.

This stuff is amaaaaaaaazing for curly hair! I don't see why more people don't know about it. I find the price well worth it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My curly/wavy hair tends to get unruly especially with the humidity in Texas. This product leaves my hair instantly soft as promised, with a gorgeous shine and not to mention the beautiful ringlets of curls! The smell is awesome as well. Will definitely repurchase. it's pricy however worth it

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product does what claims pillow soft curls. It looks natural defined curls without crunch or wet look. It is on the pricey side and the ingredients are questionable. When I rinse the product off my hands suds formed in the sink line soap. It also has a string detergent smell. If you are not a ingredient snob this product is perfect for wash and go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have true waves with a few curls and if I don't use a gel those waves become... I don't even know if there I a word besides "not becoming". I received a very generous sample of this. I much prefer Miss Jessie's Kinky Curly to this. Kinky Curly isn't as crunchy or sticky - it's a softer hold. This weighed my hair down.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been searching for years for products that will give me soft, frizzless curls. This is one of those products. A little goes a long way! I get better results from this product if I use a diffuser rather than air drying. I have very fine and thinning hair that is naturally curly.