Blistex Simple and Sensitive

3.3

Microcrystalline Wax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Esters

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm so happy I didn't look at the reviews before buying this. I actually quite like this, and I don't really like any of the other Blistex balms. When it's the dead of winter and my lips are crazy dry and nothing seems to help, I'm ok with sacrificing the frills and scents for something that just simply works. This fits the bill (Aquaphor also helps for me too, like the previous reviewer mentioned). I'm wondering if they reformulated this, since the reviews are so split - I just looked up the ingredients and it's slightly different from what my box said. My box said there were 5 ingredients, the first one was petrolatum. Other boxes say they are 6 ingredients (and one of the ingredients is a wax). I really like my particular formulation (if this was indeed reformulated). I know a lot of people are against petrolatum products, but you know what? It works. Also, I appreciate that it's in a tube rather than a container like other petrolatum products (ie. Vaseline). The texture is really emollient and super buttery - not waxy or hard at all. No scent, which is fine by me. I think lip balms are a highly personal thing as far is whether or not they work for you, but these give my lips a slight sheen (not completely matte but definitely not glossy either) and is so moisturizing that they're all pillowy and healthy looking. I wouldn't call this HG status, but it was $1 and it works, so I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cons

Boring. It's a boring formula of waxes, nothing ground breaking that will repair damaged lips. If you want something plain that will work better, use Aquaphor.

Its very hard, it drags across my lips, and I hate that.

Pros:

It is nice that it does not have fragrance or dyes. That's about it.

I have used the classic blistex medicated lip ointment for years to prevent chap and cure chap, and this doesn't hold a candle in the wind to the medicated ointment.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

This lip balm has a weird scent; it smells like paint. It also feels sticky on my lips. This lip balm does not work for me. I will not repurchase!

I'm still not sure what my exact thoughts on this are. I originally purchased this because of the small list of ingredients and no flavor; I usually reach for a peppermint flavored balm. After using this for a couple days though, I kind of miss the flavored balm. Also, this has a weird texture- almost gel like ? When I use this at night, I can still feel it on my lips in the morning which is good I think. I'm not sure really what the difference is between this and just petroleum jelly because it kinda tastes the same and goes on the same texture. For the price though, it does its job. I'm not sure how it would fair if you have already chapped lips. There are so many other options out there Im not sure that I would buy again. I also use Blistex 5 star lip protection during the extreme mid-west weather. Also a good product for the money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Tastes awful but it does its job.

this is the only lip balm that I can use. I have a weird issue where my lips bubble then crack and peel if I use anything irritating. besides bacitracin this is the only other product I can use. however I have had some issues with consistency with one or two. and I reapply often all day everyday.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

It's cheap and the tube doesn't fall apart in your purse, but plain vaseline does a better job any day of the week. I bought it because it doesn't contain any flavor or sunscreen, but I'll be darned, it's drying on my lips if I use it regularly.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

With only 6 ingredients, minimal chemicals, no odor and a nice creamy texture, this lip balm is my favorite.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Light and moisturizing, no scent, decent price. Not waxy or goopy at all.

PROS
-smooth texture and application
-unscented
-no flavour
-beeswax-free (if you have an allergy...)
-cheap
-moisturizing

CONS
-bumpy texture after short time

This was bought on a whim at Rexall one morning on my way to work. After being disappointed by the peppermint version of Burt's Bees lip balm, I replaced it with this one. I chose this balm primarily because I didn't want a flavour or scent, neither of which this balm has.

It worked just fine for me. It went on smoothly, felt nice, wasn't sticky or greasy-feeling, wasn't too thick or thin, lasted a decent amount of time (between one to two hours), and was moisturizing. It's a basic drugstore lip balm that's a good staple to have on hand.

Oddly, it did get a bit of a bumpy texture on the surface of the balm only a month or so after I bought it. This is something that I've seen a few times in various lip balms. Not sure if it's something to do with the quality of ingredients or the ingredients' age. Sometimes this bumpiness makes other lip balms grainy-feeling. But this particular lip balm still works and feels just a nice despite this.

One unusual use I found for this ip balm was on my toddler's nose. After coming down with his first bout of croup, his nose was particularly red and raw from being so runny. Since we'd run out of non-petroleum jelly to put on his face for this purpose, this lip balm was the only thing I could think of that would be moisturizing enough yet gentle on his skin (he randomly reacts to chemicals in moisturizers, so I have to be careful about what I put on his skin). That this lip balm soothed his skin and didn't cause any adverse reactions is a bit of a testament to its effectiveness and claim to being simple and for sensitive skin. If I can apply this to the nose of a 17-month old child and still have this lip balm do it's job, then that's good enough for me. I'll definitely be keeping this lip balm on hand for myself and for my son.