Blistex Simple and Sensitive

3.3

Microcrystalline Wax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Esters

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In my country they sell this with the name "Blistex Sensitive", I checked Blistex's website to see if there were two products like Sensitive, and, Simple and Sensitive but didn't see it. So I guess it's the same product, just the name is slightly different.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried many different lip balms in the past, the last ones I tried were Burt's Bees honey lip balm and Nivea's everything. Burt's Bees wasn't bad at all, but just couldn't totally stop my lips getting dried. Just like regular vaseline couldn't.

I have no idea how this Blistex product does it but it really worked on me. Even at the first use I saw a difference. All the lip balms I've tried in the past, the balm would feel like it just stays on the surface until it gets dry, little to no effect on my chapped lips except for temporary soft feeling. I first put on Blistex at night before I go to bed, its formula feels oilier than everything I've tried (close to Burt's Bees tinted lip balms), when I woke up my lips were looking and feeling better. Really does the job well and cheap.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm so happy I didn't look at the reviews before buying this. I actually quite like this, and I don't really like any of the other Blistex balms. When it's the dead of winter and my lips are crazy dry and nothing seems to help, I'm ok with sacrificing the frills and scents for something that just simply works. This fits the bill (Aquaphor also helps for me too, like the previous reviewer mentioned). I'm wondering if they reformulated this, since the reviews are so split - I just looked up the ingredients and it's slightly different from what my box said. My box said there were 5 ingredients, the first one was petrolatum. Other boxes say they are 6 ingredients (and one of the ingredients is a wax). I really like my particular formulation (if this was indeed reformulated). I know a lot of people are against petrolatum products, but you know what? It works. Also, I appreciate that it's in a tube rather than a container like other petrolatum products (ie. Vaseline). The texture is really emollient and super buttery - not waxy or hard at all. No scent, which is fine by me. I think lip balms are a highly personal thing as far is whether or not they work for you, but these give my lips a slight sheen (not completely matte but definitely not glossy either) and is so moisturizing that they're all pillowy and healthy looking. I wouldn't call this HG status, but it was $1 and it works, so I would definitely buy it again.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cons

Boring. It's a boring formula of waxes, nothing ground breaking that will repair damaged lips. If you want something plain that will work better, use Aquaphor.

Its very hard, it drags across my lips, and I hate that.

Pros:

It is nice that it does not have fragrance or dyes. That's about it.

I have used the classic blistex medicated lip ointment for years to prevent chap and cure chap, and this doesn't hold a candle in the wind to the medicated ointment.

This lip balm has a weird scent; it smells like paint. It also feels sticky on my lips. This lip balm does not work for me. I will not repurchase!

I'm still not sure what my exact thoughts on this are. I originally purchased this because of the small list of ingredients and no flavor; I usually reach for a peppermint flavored balm. After using this for a couple days though, I kind of miss the flavored balm. Also, this has a weird texture- almost gel like ? When I use this at night, I can still feel it on my lips in the morning which is good I think. I'm not sure really what the difference is between this and just petroleum jelly because it kinda tastes the same and goes on the same texture. For the price though, it does its job. I'm not sure how it would fair if you have already chapped lips. There are so many other options out there Im not sure that I would buy again. I also use Blistex 5 star lip protection during the extreme mid-west weather. Also a good product for the money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Tastes awful but it does its job.

this is the only lip balm that I can use. I have a weird issue where my lips bubble then crack and peel if I use anything irritating. besides bacitracin this is the only other product I can use. however I have had some issues with consistency with one or two. and I reapply often all day everyday.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

It's cheap and the tube doesn't fall apart in your purse, but plain vaseline does a better job any day of the week. I bought it because it doesn't contain any flavor or sunscreen, but I'll be darned, it's drying on my lips if I use it regularly.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

With only 6 ingredients, minimal chemicals, no odor and a nice creamy texture, this lip balm is my favorite.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Light and moisturizing, no scent, decent price. Not waxy or goopy at all.