L'Oreal le balm Tender Mauve

No Image

4.2

on 7/25/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is super moisturizing, well pigmented and overall amazing. It has a rich balm feel that is comfortable and feels light. I struggle with chapped lips and most lipsticks/lip products make it worse, but this is excellent. The color is a glossy pinky-mauve that is very cool and goes well with my complexion. I want to purchase others in this line, but all of the other Le Balm colors that I wanted to try at Target had been opened and tested. That is a huge pet peeve of mine with drugstore lippies. This is such a good product, though, that I'm willing to travel to find others, lol.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is such an easy lippie to have in your bag. The color is cool w/t a slight shimmer but basically very neutral. The texture is great...so soft and moisturizing w/t enough color to add shine but not obvious lipstick. I would definitely repurchase since I just finished one!

on 1/3/2014 1:37:00 PM

Oh Tender Mauve, I guess I WOULD buy you if I ran out or lost you, but I'm not even sure why. Sure you're one of the more pigmented Le Balms and you glide on effortlessly and feel moisturizing upon my lips. You almost appear to be a shiny gloss with several passes of the sheer color, but alas, your coolish mauve tone with nearly invisible microglitter specks fades and evaporates noticeably faster than Revlon's Lip Butters! It's like I hardly knew ya!

Nonetheless, I suppose the ritual of haphazardly and ceaselessly re-applying you (sometimes without a mirror) has really bonded me to your pleasantly cakey fragrant smell and your elegant plastic packaging (which is sadly prone to cracking upon collisions with hard bathroom floors),

I love you as of now, but I feel my feelings may wane after I've had an opportunity to try Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle . . .

on 11/19/2013 1:14:00 PM

Love! Tender Mauve is one of my HG go-to lip products. I stock up on these at the drugstore whenever they're on sale and have them stashed everywhere. Tender Mauve is a beautiful, light ylbb shade, pinker than a true nude color, but still really pretty. I find the Le Balms are very hydrating, like a cross between a chapstick and gloss, but with color. The product lasts about as long as a chapstick, which is fine since I don't mind reapplying. All in all, a really great product. The Le Balms are the closest drugstore product I've found that even compare (in terms of texture and shine) to my beloved YSL Volupte Sheer Candy. I have repurchased Tender Mauve several times and will continue to do so.

on 4/23/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Today I purchased my 1st Le Balm along with Revlon's lip butter in Pink Truffle. Although Loreal's Tender Mauve is a nice color on my tan skin, it feels more like a slippery layer of thin gloss that you could get from a jelly balm. The glossy shine stays but the color fades quickly. Revlon's lip butter (001 Pink Truffle) feels a bit more sticky & pigmented, but not overdone & has better staying power in comparison. *Finally, I like the Revlon lip butter much better for texture, pigmentation & staying power, but I would repurchase Loreal just for the nice sheen color for days I want to a sheer color color with some shine & not too much gloss!

on 10/22/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice mauve color and very moisturizing. I just finished my first tube of this and I plan to buy it again once I finish up some of my other lipsticks/glosses. One thing I noticed about the LeBalms (and Revlon's lip butters) is you don't get alot of product in the tube like you would with traditional lipsticks. I'd like a little more product for my money.

This is probably my third Le Balm, but I think it's my favorite, mainly because its the only one that actually adds noticible color, I like the texture of these, and they don't dry my lips out the next day, but the color payoff on Rose Elixer and Satin Pink are non exsistent, Tender Mauve is a very soft, cool mauve that on my pigmented lips/fair skin, adds just enough color to brighten up my face without the LIPSTICK effect. It can be layered on, and it lasts a fair amount of time for this sort of product. I might buy it again, but I'm sure there will be something new to try,

on 11/30/2012 12:47:00 AM

Tender Mauve was the first of this series that I purchased ; it is a nice light color but too frosty. Good with a smoky eye or a more natural look. Would buy again. Love the case!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have VERY sensitive lips. Drugstore products break my lips out and bring horrible redness and irritation, so wearing lip products from the drugstore is a no-go. The only product I can use, drugstore, that is, is 100% Vaseline and even that bothers me a bit.
I saw Judy Travis from Youtube-username itsjudytime-wear this color and I fell in LOVE! It was gorgeous on her, and seeing as we're both near the same complexion I figured I might as well give it a try.
Price-wise, I purchased this from my Walgreens and I have to say, it was pretty pricey. $8.50, I think is what I got it for.
The initial thoughts are 'wow, the gold is so glamorous!' I love the window at the top and the packaging made me feel so...I don't know, expensive! :)
The smell is very nice at first. It's a light vanilla, but after a few sniffs you begin to smell the chemicals, especially when it's on your lips.
Application was beautiful! I've put this on dry lips and on moisturized lips and both ways it's absolutely flawless. I like the light color payoff with high moisture, this is my kind of product. It's pretty build-able and looks very natural on me. It's like the coveted your-lips-but-better color, with a hint more purple-just a smidgen, though!
Overall, I'd HIGHLY recommend this product. It hasn't bothered my lips at all and I've been wearing this almost daily since October 28. I'm definitely going out to buy more, they're highly moisturizing and beautiful colors, too!