Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat

3.7

0.19 oz -Jellified Triglycerides: Provide a creamy, lightweight texture. -Silicone Resin: Provides long lasting hold and a waterproof film. -High Melting Point Wax: Provides high definition and lasting effects. Isododecane, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Synthetic Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Carbonate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butylhydroxyhydrocinnamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/29/2016 6:14:00 PM

Some background: I have super sensitive eyes and I am a contact wearer. While this product is good, I find it a bit on the expensive side (especially when mascara shouldn't be kept too long as bacteria can accumulated).

I have found a great drugstore dupe in Canada (Canada Brand) which I think works a lot better! The Marcelle Waterproffing Mascara Top Coat !!! MY HG. Will do a separate review on this product.

on 1/22/2016 6:48:00 PM

I used to ONLY use waterproof mascara and then I found out that it isn't good for lashes. ABH lash genius helps to waterproof your washable mascara. It does add another product to your daily routine but I don't regret it one bit. Sometimes if you apply too much it does leave a clear clump. I hope they never discontinue this!

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just couldn't get past the kind of gray tint this would leave. I even tried to use it as an eyebrow sealant and it just made my brows and lashes look... yucky. It's late, I'm sorry. Words aren't coming to me tonight. Luckily, it was in a Sephora favorites kit so I'm not out a lot but if I'd bought the full size, this would be going back to the store.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I couldn't believe that I'd found this product - for the first few weeks of using it anyway! My mascara didn't end up under my bottom lashes on my face. It worked absolutely wonderfully! I always waited until my mascara was dry before putting the gel on, but stil wondered about product transfer to the brush. The inevitable has happened - now the gel is coming out a dark grey colour; I put it on my lashes and within 20 minutes I have mascara on my face again. I've started wiping the brush off after each time I put it anywhere near my lashes, but the gel is still coming out dark grey so it's now too late to do anything about the problem with the one I'm using. I will purchase another one and make sure that I wipe it each and every time before inserting the brush / wand back into the gel to help alleviate this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tricks to stop this from happening?

LOVE that they made a waterproof topcoat so you can still wear regular mascara underneath and just put on the waterproof when you need it. A must for sure.

I've repurchase this over and over again. Unlike the name of what this product says "top coat" I use this as a base. It holds the curl after curling my lashes with my shu uemera curler on my otherwise super straight downward pointing lashes when I use this as a base. When I use other mascaras all the work I did to curl my lash sadly goes away because those masacaras don't hold my curl. If you have super straight lashes and my problem you will understand what I'm talking about. If you don't have my issue then I doubt you need this product. I haven't found anything the holds my curl this well yet which is why I continue to repurchase. It's pricey but since it works for me I keep going back. I try to catch it on 20% off with Sephora or Ulta.

Hmmm....I'm in a love/hate relationship with this. It works with some of my mascaras, but not with others. One of my favorite mascaras is Laura Gellar's Glam Lash, but it smudges on my brow. So I put the Anastasia Genius on top and it still smudges. I put it on both sides of my top lashes and it still smudges. For the record, I have very oily eyelids, so a lot of mascaras and some waterproof mascaras will smudge on me. I don't know what I'm going to do because I love LG's Glam Lash and have to find something that really works. Like I said, on some mascara's it does work like PTR's, which I also like, but prefer LG's.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have a couple of mascaras (tarte smart amazonian clay, lancome hypnose drama) that I absolutely love but just can't wear because they aren't waterproof. I searched for a while for a mascara that would offer the kind of volume I desired but that was waterproof. So imagine how excited I was to find this. I read on all the reviews I could find and then purchased from Ulta for $22 bucks.

The packaging is nice; very sleek and professional looking. I tried three different ways of applying it. One was to let my mascara dry and then apply Genius. Another was to wait a few seconds and then apply Genius. And the last way was to apply Genius with no dry time at all. I did this for both my tarte and lancome, and unfortunately, my mascara still smudged. Maybe there are particular combinations that work well for this, or maybe I didn't use the right technique, but I was so sad that it didn't work for me. My search continues :(

on 5/6/2014 10:34:00 AM

I've never really thought about using a topcoat on my mascara but came across a sample of it a few months ago. I hoard samples so I have no idea where or when I go it. After I found it I had the worst week of my life. On my son's birthday I found out about my husband's girlfriend, and then a few weeks later went to see Lone Survivor (as a military wife and daughter I know I should avoid these types of movies, but I wanted to see it). Needless to say I probably cried my body weight in water that week, and none of my mascaras so much as smudged despite none of them being waterproof. I've used it over Smashbox, Benefit, NYX, and MAC mascaras. I will rebuy this as often as I need to and I bought a 2nd one to keep in my purse quick touch up kit just in case.

on 4/25/2014 8:38:00 AM

My father died Last January. I was devastated, but I was also practical. With the viewing and the funeral and all the social obligations, I knew I was going to need the most waterproof mascara I could get my hands on. This was recommended to me by a friend, and it is the BEST. It stood up to hours of crying and eye-wiping without a smudge or a flake.

It's a clear-ish top coat that waterproofs and seals, making whatever mascara you like virtually impenetrable. With this product, mascara does not budge until you decide you want to take it off. It came off easily with my cleansing oil.

This product isn't cheap, but I only needed one good coat to seal my regular mascara. I don't know if I'd use it every day, but it's an absolute must for special events or family tragedies.