LUSH emotional brilliance

Filtered by skin type : Combination

I bought mine in Power, a sheeny bright orangey red, which doubles as a blush and lipstick. Although the price tag (19 CAD) wasn`t so attractive, I found the color to be so pretty, I just had to have it. I`ve been using it almost every day for 3 months and I am really impressed: the color is beautiful and very pigmented (so must apply sparingly), and it works great for both functions. I love it because it saves me loads of time in the morning and I can do my make up in under 10 minutes. As a blusher it lasts and lasts, but you must be sure to build up slowly. As a lipstick it also has good lasting power, but it is matte, so it needs an extra helping of balm on top or I find it too drying. I am not crazy about the packaging, because I`m not sure how you would be able to get all the product out, but I`ve actually found the doe foot applicator easy to use on my thin lips. I would definitely repurchase and want to try more colors, just wish the price was more reasonable.

I absolutely love these.

Bubbly (lipstick)
Decisive (lipstick)
Strong (lipstick)
Believe (lipstick)

I have to say that Bubbly and Decisive are my favorites right now.
They go on really smooth and pigmented if you don't dilute it.
I usually use my Lush "None of your Beeswax" lip balm before putting one on,
as it makes it more subtle of an appearance and you can use less. :)
I feel like it might help it last longer, too, since it moisturizes your lips.

For even added wear, you can exfoliate beforehand with Popcorn (which is what I have) or another flavor of their lip scrubs :)

I haven't tried out the eyeshadows enough to have a good opinion on them,
but they're just as smooth and creamy as the lipsticks so far!

5/5 lippies! :)

I got the Independant eyeliner (black) and Decisive lipstick (cherry red).
The eyeliner goes on well, but I've noticed that some bits end up flaking when dry and ending up in the corners of my eyes. On the plus side, any mistakes can be wiped away really easily.
The lipstick is way too bright for me though. I thought it would be darker when I swatched it in the shop but it ended up everywhere when I tried it on my lips, and it was really hard to remove the stain. However, when using it as a blush (just a dab on each cheek and really blending it in) it was pretty good.
The packaging is really cute and would be pretty handy for travelling.
I got these two at half price at the after Christmas sales, so it wasn't expensive but I'm not sure I'd repurchase. I might go and get a creme eyeshadow though.

DECISIVE lipstick

I have been destined to own this lipstick since the very first moment I tried it on. The reason is simple - I fell in love with the colour. Can't help but this is the most pigmented this I've ever worn ...and it makes the colour really intense. And I mean reeeeally intense.
I also like the texture which is a little bit oily, so it hydrates your lips well.
And I like those cold undertones (a sort of neon pink or violet) you can see in the highlights it gives away.

On the contrary I have to say that is thing is unbelievably messy. You have to be very careful while using because it is very persistant if you put it on your hand, T-shirt...and so on. Unfortunately the only place where it's not very persistant are surprisingly your lips. This smudges like hell. If knew how it was going to hard to apply it, I would think it over.

The colour is awesome, but I can't wear because of the horribly messy texture which won't last few minutes without smudging all around your lips.

I'm in love with these. I bought Sophisticated eyeshadow which is a beautiful shimmery taupe to apply all over your lid. I then lined my lids with Quietly Motivated which is a nice medium bronze and the combo was spectacular. I was skeptical about the staying power because in the past all creams shadows creased on me. These are liquidy goodness and they stayed put for a 8 hour shift and then some. I also bought the deep plum lipstick called Confident. Its a gorgeous deep plum perfect for fall. I do have to add a clear lip balm over it because my lips are on the dry side and without lip balm the product stuck to my dry spots. It doesn't last as long on me as a lip stain, but it does last longer than a lip gloss. I love these and plan to buy more.

Warning: long review. Edit appears at the end.

I have tried two products from this line: "feeling younger" skin tint (a highlighter) and "ambition" lipstick.

"Feeling younger" is a creamy whitish orangy gold product with a whipped consistency in a jar. I think it's more subtle than Benefit's "high beam", but I'm not sure if "feeling younger" breaks me out. After I got my sample, I started having acne issues.

"Ambition" is a super-bright orangey lipstick. It goes on like a cream and is not glossy. It is not drying but it lasts and lasts. It lasted all through a meal and didn't come off even when I tried to wipe it off. I was only able to remove it when I got home, applied makeup remover to my lips and then had a shower. I think I prefer the colour of this lipstick when it's freshly applied because as it wears off, the undertone changes and it looks a bit blue. Since it's so bright, a little goes a long way. I would always apply this with a lip brush.

I have not tried the eyeliners or eyeshadows but I have seen other people wearing them and they tend to smudge. Apparently, all the colours in this line can be worn anywhere on the face. The colours can also be mixed with each other -- so you can mix a blue eyeliner with an orange lipstick to get something brownish. However I do feel that this line is for people who are either younger or have perfect skin that isn't acne-prone or sensitive to botanicals. Or people who can handle bright makeup. The reason I say this is because there are very few colours in the line that I can wear on a day to day basis without having to mix shades. The colours in the emotional brilliance line look like the inside an artist's paint box -- literally all the products looks like paint. I think my makeup aesthetic is more... muted or "natural"... or lazy. Some beauty bloggers have been saying that "perspective" can probably be worn by most people as it's a muted pink lipstick, but I find it a little greyish blue.

My overall impression is...

1) the emotional brilliance line is "fun" makeup. It is not makeup that I (personally) would wear to work or anywhere where I expect to not have to touch-up my face.

2) It is also makeup that looks better on people who ironically do not need makeup at all.

3) I think the colours are really unique and the bottles are cute; and it is nice that the ingredients are mostly natural and that there is a low percentage of perservatives (if any) -- however, this means the makeup has a short shelf life.

4) Personally I think the line is over-priced for what it is and I do not experience any of the "emotional" effects that the names of the colours are purported to have. [Some of the SAs I've encountered have told me that they have emotional effects.]

Edit: After a few weeks, I'm bumping the line up a lippie. Sure it's fiddly, but I find that the cream eyeshadows are easy to apply. I really like the eyeshadow colour "sophisticated". It's a pinkish taupe that shimmers and it is the perfect neutral for my NC20-25 complexion. It still does crease a bit so I have to set it with translucent powder (I don't use primer as I'm sensitive to silicones). For this lazy woman, "sophisticated" is an easy shade to wear without having to mix colours. Also, I purchased "power", which is a nice everyday warm red with a gold sheen. I can use it sheerly for a stain/tint or layer it on thicker for more drama. The emotional brilliance line in Australia is around $25-29. I still think it's over-priced (like all cosmetics in Australia). A MAC eyeshadow single here costs $35.