Bath and Body Works Antibacterial Foaming Hand Soap Black Cherry Merlot

4.7

on 12/19/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This smells divine and I can't get enough of it. It would be AMAZING if bath and body works made it into sprays and lotions and is easily my favorite scent from the store; flirty, fruity, and elegant. To all of those wondering... they do sell this in a hand cream!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Smells like real cherries instead of cough syrup! I prefer non-antibacterial soap, but we keep a bottle of this around just because my partner likes the scent so much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite scented foaming hand soap for winter. It smells delicious! I prefer the foaming soaps to the gel ones, they are less drying on my skin. I also find that getting kids to wash their hands is much easier with the foaming style - they don't protest at all and no longer need to be asked/reminded to wash their hands. The soap itself is gentle but effective and comes in more scents than you could imagine or want. In fact I wish Bath & Body Works would quit discontinuing scents just because they want to introduce yet another one. Do they really need 8 different variations of pumpkin scented soap for example? I do like changing my soaps up by the seasons, yes, I'm guilty of matching scent to season but in my kitchen, I pretty much stick to White Citrus or any other super fresh scent.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So this is a review for the deep cleansing one. I bought the foam too but I gave it to my mother. The deep cleansing ones penetrate my skin better. Foaming would be more ideal if you suffer from dry hands. I don't shop from BBW regularly, even though for what you pay (especially if you go with a coupon) you are getting a fantastic product! ( referring to mostly their creams and soaps which I have used the most) The scent is sooo juicy, a blend of berries. I can see why their products have such a high rating. I would like to add that I'm addicted to their Shea Socks, which reminds me I have to go get more!!!

on 5/20/2015 9:24:00 PM

If they made this in soap, lotion and spray, I'd buy out the store. Smells soooo good!

on 4/15/2014 10:43:00 AM

I'm kind of bath and body works obsessed and I have a new scent I love every month but this soap might actually be my favourite. I love the yummy smelling soaps like candy cane that just make you want to wash your hands for an hour but this stuff makes me want to drink it. Everyone comments on how great it smells. So fruity and not at all soapy. I wish they'd make a whole line of body lotions, sprays and candles in this scent and not have it as seasonal only because it's perfect.

on 9/15/2013 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have recently switched to all foam hand soaps from bath and body works, and this is one of the scents I purchased. I have this in the pocket bac as well. The scent is a very deep, true cherry (no artificial jolly-rancher-type cherry here!) With the slightest hint of red wine. Its a very nice fall scent, but I would also be fine with using this during all seasons. The foam soap itself easily lathers and does a decent job cleansing the hands. The foam is, however, more drying than the other types of hand soap, and during the winter this might be a problem, but for now it leaves my hands soft and fresh. The scent lasts a short while after use. I would repurchase.

Edit: I'm starting to get a hint of cough syrup smell from this. Its only in the hand wash.

on 9/12/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What a yummy smelling soap! It is a strong cherry smell that lasts long after you wash your hands. The foaming hand soaps are very luxurious. I preferred the fall 2012 packaging to this years. Last years packaging was more autumn themed with darker colors. This year it's mostly white and much simpler. The soap itself is a dark maroon and lives up to its name. Try to get this soap when it's on sale! It's a great bargain.

on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 PM

This scent is THE BEST. It's too bad it was seasonal only. And too bad it only came as a hand soap and a antibacterial gel. The smell is like sweet berries, with a bit of a cranberry tartness. It doesn't have an artificial scent, or alcohol scent at all. The smell is delicious! It seriously makes my mouth water! I wish I purchased more for backup, this scent is great year round. The smell lingers, and doesn't fade as quick as their other soaps. When I use the hand sanitizing gel, I ALWAYS get compliments, people are surprised when I tell them it's a hand sanitizing gel several of my friends (who aren't even big fans of hand sanitizing gel) have gone out and purchased it when I first bought it, after smelling it on me. BBW needs to make this a permanent scent! I would buy EVERYTHING in it!

Just a warning about the hand sanitizing gel, it will turn your hands red if you use too much!

on 11/10/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Smells like a shirley temple, absolutely mouthwatering scent!! I wish they made a shower gel with this scent. My only complaint is that the product seems to get used up rather quickly.