Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As much as I love Urban Decay - this brush is a fail! In the beginning I loved it though. It worked amazing with liquid and cream foundations. Blended them nice and easily. I washed my brush with care and love. Always with soap. And let it air dry on a towel. But out of nowhere, it started to lose its synthetic hair. After just a couple of months. No matter what I do, it just won't stop. I am disappointed by UD for selling such a low quality brush. Be wise and buy brushes from Sigma, MAC or Real Technique. I never had problems with those.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Overall - 3
Price - 5 - expensive! I think $26 Cdn
Packaging - 3
Probably wouldn't repurchase.

I put this on my wish list after seeing all the good reviews here. The price was a little much for me though. I ended up with it as a gift from a friend.

It is a good buffing brush, densely packed and super soft. The handle has a good heft to it. My liquid foundations and bb creams look great after application.
However, after washing it 2 times some of the hairs are noticeably fraying on the side. After some of the fraying hairs came out, even more of the hairs started fraying. It reminds me of a kid with a cowlick.
I'm disappointed by this especially considering the $2 copy of the RT brush I got off ebay has held up beautifully against this. I used it much more and was more vigorous washing it ( I mean $2, c'mon!) and my makeup looked just as good. It hasn't started to deteriorate yet!
Considering that, I wouldn't repurchase -I've got a cheaper alternative if I need replacement. Even the RT buffing brush (which I also have) would be a good alternative.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favourite foundation brushes! Makes my foundation look flawless on my skin. Really similar to my beloved Sephora Mineral powder brush which is a bit cheaper but still the same in terms of quality.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using the Real Techniques buffing brush for years now, and always thought it would be good to have a back up. I recently bought the UD Naked Skin foundation and thought I'd treat myself to this one instead.

Well, I love it. The bristles are soft and yielding, but not so much that the brush is useless. I'd say it's a hair (geddit?!) softer and more pliable than the RT though.

It truly gives a flawless appearance to my foundation and feels lovely to use, it's perfectly weighted and looks good.

I'd buy again if I lost it or it fell to pieces. It was pricey so hope it lasts as well as the RT one has!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It works perfectly with the UD foundation, it really blends and makes my skin looks natural. It also works with powders. Needs to be clean daily to work better.

I love this brush! It does make your foundation look beautiful, especially when using it in a pressing motion rather than painting like. The biggest flaw is that it does only last about a year. I had my first one for exactly a year, and it started shedding like crazy. I still used it for months and it still works, but I just re-bought my second one. I'm going to keep my first brush and use it as a primer application brush. I do think this brush is worth it!

I got this brush last summer to go with the naked skin foundation and I didn't like it with the foundation and instead used it with my l'oreal true match and it blended perfectly! However, it's started to shed a lot :( like hairs just falling out with each buff. Liked it while it lasted

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this brush years ago when it first came out. It held up well for about one year. During that year it did blend foundation beautifully. After that it began shedding like crazy! So bad that I couldn't even use it because the hairs would get all over my face. Now, it's in horrible shape. All the writing is completely gone off the handle. I can't even use the brush because for some reason it now soaks up every ounce of my foundation deep in the brush, wasting it. And the shedding is relentless, hairs come out in clumps. It should have gone in the trash years ago. I always take wonderful care of my brushes so this is disappointing. I regret buying this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this brush on a whim at Shoppers Drug Mart. For my foundation, I had previously been using the Quo Foundation Brush (I do not recommend that brush whatsoever) or my fingers to apply foundation.

I use this brush primarily for my liquid foundation. It is extremely soft and forgiving on my sensitive skin. It leaves me with a perfectly airbrushed finish every time. I tried using this brush with a powder foundation on my friend and it also worked beautifully. It is very easy to clean and looks very pretty on a vanity. It has the perfect ratio of stiff to flexible bristles and I will never go back to flat foundation brushes ever again after using this brush.

The price of this brush was $26 CAD, which is extremely cheap compared to foundation brushes from Tarte or NARS. This brush is a steal!

I wish it came with a brush cover but honestly that's just nitpicking... A truly amazing brush, especially for the price.

Quality brush and multi-purpose - great for liquid foundation, blush (powder and stain), and finishing powder. Bristles are soft, the head is nicely rounded, and is the perfect size. Product distributes evenly, and is easy to clean.

Popular Makeup Brushes