Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last 906D Wine Room

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last 906D Wine Room

4.4

This is a good long lasting lipstick that didn't dry my lips out.
Not really a fan of it being a round lipstick Vs traditional shape of lip bullet as it does make it harder to apply to lips, especially the top lip when applying directly from the bullet.
It gives good, intense colour. For me it gave a similar colour to the main picture - I expected it to be more similar to the other pictures of people wearing it on here and ones on Google or to the colour of it on the bullet but it does look slightly corally on me. It had an effect that made my skin look slightly yellow. Makes a change to brown undertones though.

Apart from the shape of the bullet, another bad thing is the poor packaging. It's the cheapest I've come across from a lipstick. I know it is cheap but the lipstick can rub against the clear lid and bits of it can come off and the lid can come off quite easily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love the formula but not the shade. This one I think would flatter cooler complexion more so than my olive skin tone. However, the color is pretty. It's a mauve-pink that looks lovely in the tube. I think people with pinker complexions would find this color particularly flattering. It just doesn't really suit me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite lipsticks from WNW! It's a red lipstick with a hint of blue. It's a great shade to wear everyday without going overboard. For $1.99, this is a hit!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is one of the most beautiful colors I own. It's a gorgeous muted berry-red that looks amazing with my pale skin. It's not too bright, but it's still a great pop of color that will definitely turn a few heads. If you want to experiment with vampy shades but are too intimidated by deep berries and eggplants, start with this. It's not vampy, per se, but it will steer you in that direction. As with the rest of the WnW megalasts I own, this little guy will last about four or five hours on me without giving me the dreaded lip-liner effect. Of course, eating and drinking will shorten the wear time, but I've noticed that these lipsticks are very easy to touch up. The shape of the bullet is relatively easy to work with if you don't have time to do an extensive-deep-sea-scuba-diving type of touch up. My one gripe with this line is that the packaging sucks. I'm afraid to bring it with me in my purse because I've found that the caps come off easily and sometimes crack! Also, the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down, so there's always the risk of gouging the product with the cap if you're not careful with it. If de-potting is your game, this is definitely the lipstick to do it with. But hey, I can't fault WnW. No matter how amazing their products are, they're a drugstore brand (and an unsung hero of the beauty world).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a nice neutral berry color that shows up rather deep on me- almost a muted fuschia. I normally wear lip colors a bit lighter than this, but every so often it's nice to mix it up.

I have to give this 4 lippies up front for the formula alone- a $2.99 matte lipstick that actually delivers full opaque pigment, doesn't dry out your lips and lasts a decent length of time is a miracle in itself, and I highly recommend this line for anyone, not just those on a budget.

Though WnW achieved the fundamental necessities of a good matte lipstick, the packaging is where the ball was dropped, and why I have to subtract a lippie. The shape of this lipstick, rather than the traditional bullet pointed-tip, is cylindrical, making it difficult to apply evenly unless you're using lip liner and/or a brush. The lipstick also doesn't twist all the way down into the tube, which can result in a messy lid if you're not precise. I'm normally not a stickler about packaging, but I did have a bit of a time applying this cleanly so I thought it's worth mentioning.

I will also note that, as beautiful as this color and formula is, I would love to see WnW bring out more nude, neutral and medium-toned colors that aren't extremely cool or warm. It's fun to try pale pinks, bright or vampy colors for special occasions, but the average woman on average days prefers something more versatile and wearable. I love so many of WnW's blush, eyeshadow and lipstick formulations and it would be awesome if they expanded them.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm giving this lipstick all the love. This was my second lipstick from the MegaLast line after falling in love with the thick, rich pigmentation and formula with Purty Persimmon.

I bought Wine Room as a potential MLBB, since it has the pink/mauve undertones that look better on me than brown toned nudes (ugh). I'm quite fair yellow/olive with dark hair for reference.

It turns out this is a bit more intense than a MLBB shade for me, but still looks gorgeous. Against my pale skin, this is deeply pigmented, berry pink, and is one of my more serious shades (I tend to go red/orange/fuchsia a lot but am searching out some milder colors that don't make me look dead).

I think it's so sophisticated and classy really, almost like a deep, plummy tea rose that is slightly cool. I really adore it and would definitely consider it part of my permanent collection.

on 9/30/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this lipstick, it's not my favorite but I like it. It's a pretty color and pairs nicely with my dark skin, added bonuses it was $1.

Pros:
Creamy
Inexpensive
Beautiful color

Cons:
Packaging is subpar
The lipstick it's self snapped in half after the first use

on 8/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The name suggests something dark, smoky, red-wine colour, but it's definitely not like that. It's a medium-dark pink with a brown-ishishish shade (I'm not really good at defining colors) and you know, I had to buy it, because Wet n wild. 9 out of 10 times you buy something from their counter, you go home happy and satisfied.
I swatched on my hand and bought it without thinking too much. As soon as I tried it, INSTANT MLBB! I was looking for one working for me but all the colours I've seen recommended online would have looked weird or too fake on me. Too deep, too shiny, too nude, too pale, too bright pink. This one is simply perfect. I've got quite pigmented lips on the deep pink side against my NC15 (or lighter) skin, and abandoned the idea of finding a credible mlbb for me. Until today!
Wine Room's finish dries matte. It's so pigmented one strike is enough; doesn't survive food (I ate pizza wearing it) but it doesn't feel like you're wasting product as you need just a little of it to refresh your lips. Survives drinks excellently (minimum transfer on the bottle if you drink from it). Without doing anything, it can last up to 6 hours in perfect conditions.

As usual, Wnw's Megalast works wonders.I've never seen such pigmentation, quality and duration in much more expensive products, so having the jackpot for just 3 euros is heaven on earth if you like to collect many colors.
I simply adore it and suggest to give it a try as your possible mlbb!

on 5/11/2016 2:32:00 AM

Gorgeous color. so so pretty. I'm looking for a dupe of it in liquid lipstick format (my favorite type of lipstick).

The color is (on my nc35 complexion) my lips but darker and pinker. When I first put on this lip color I was like holy shit, this is beautiful.

Its like the perfect medium (but not too dark) pink, it doesn't pull too purple like my other mauve-y colors. This is the colour I wish I wore at my wedding, it brightens up my face and it not too loud but its that hit of color that works for me. I can imagine it being a bit too much pink on lighter skin tones.

Longevity - 4 to 5 hours, there's a nice stain but I like the full color of the lipstick. It would probably last longer on me if I didn't constantly rub my lips together. Its not transfer-proof, you will get it on your cups, but there color is still on your lips. .

Formula - thick balmy and matte. It doesn't dry down to a dry consistency, you can still smack your lips with it on. Its a bit tuggish when you first put on this wnw lipstick, eventually it'll warm up to your lips.

Packaging - cheap, I'm sad that I keep hitting the cap with the bullet and the cap is clear so it just looks like a big freaking mess on the cap. I wish the bullet didn't stick out so much, you can't twist the lipstick all the way down until you use a quarter of an inch of the lipstick.

Totally recommend! Favorite color from the line.

on 3/2/2016 9:38:00 PM

In the tube, it appears to be a "my lips but mauver" kind of color. But on light to medium skins, it's actually a very bold berry-pink. Any deeper and it would cross into pinkish-red territory. Just something to be aware of when purchasing! Had I known how this had looked on my I wouldn't have bought it.

The formula is good like most of the other Megalast lipsticks. Tugs a bit on application, neither drying nor moisturizing, wears well. However, after just a few uses my entire lipstick fell right out of the tube :(