Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last 906D Wine Room

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last 906D Wine Room
Mega Last 906D Wine RoomMega Last 906D Wine RoomMega Last 906D Wine RoomMega Last 906D Wine RoomWet 'N Wild megalast Wine Room

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a nice neutral berry color that shows up rather deep on me- almost a muted fuschia. I normally wear lip colors a bit lighter than this, but every so often it's nice to mix it up.

I have to give this 4 lippies up front for the formula alone- a $2.99 matte lipstick that actually delivers full opaque pigment, doesn't dry out your lips and lasts a decent length of time is a miracle in itself, and I highly recommend this line for anyone, not just those on a budget.

Though WnW achieved the fundamental necessities of a good matte lipstick, the packaging is where the ball was dropped, and why I have to subtract a lippie. The shape of this lipstick, rather than the traditional bullet pointed-tip, is cylindrical, making it difficult to apply evenly unless you're using lip liner and/or a brush. The lipstick also doesn't twist all the way down into the tube, which can result in a messy lid if you're not precise. I'm normally not a stickler about packaging, but I did have a bit of a time applying this cleanly so I thought it's worth mentioning.

I will also note that, as beautiful as this color and formula is, I would love to see WnW bring out more nude, neutral and medium-toned colors that aren't extremely cool or warm. It's fun to try pale pinks, bright or vampy colors for special occasions, but the average woman on average days prefers something more versatile and wearable. I love so many of WnW's blush, eyeshadow and lipstick formulations and it would be awesome if they expanded them.

I'm giving this lipstick all the love. This was my second lipstick from the MegaLast line after falling in love with the thick, rich pigmentation and formula with Purty Persimmon.

I bought Wine Room as a potential MLBB, since it has the pink/mauve undertones that look better on me than brown toned nudes (ugh). I'm quite fair yellow/olive with dark hair for reference.

It turns out this is a bit more intense than a MLBB shade for me, but still looks gorgeous. Against my pale skin, this is deeply pigmented, berry pink, and is one of my more serious shades (I tend to go red/orange/fuchsia a lot but am searching out some milder colors that don't make me look dead).

I think it's so sophisticated and classy really, almost like a deep, plummy tea rose that is slightly cool. I really adore it and would definitely consider it part of my permanent collection.

on 9/30/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this lipstick, it's not my favorite but I like it. It's a pretty color and pairs nicely with my dark skin, added bonuses it was $1.

Pros:
Creamy
Inexpensive
Beautiful color

Cons:
Packaging is subpar
The lipstick it's self snapped in half after the first use

on 8/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The name suggests something dark, smoky, red-wine colour, but it's definitely not like that. It's a medium-dark pink with a brown-ishishish shade (I'm not really good at defining colors) and you know, I had to buy it, because Wet n wild. 9 out of 10 times you buy something from their counter, you go home happy and satisfied.
I swatched on my hand and bought it without thinking too much. As soon as I tried it, INSTANT MLBB! I was looking for one working for me but all the colours I've seen recommended online would have looked weird or too fake on me. Too deep, too shiny, too nude, too pale, too bright pink. This one is simply perfect. I've got quite pigmented lips on the deep pink side against my NC15 (or lighter) skin, and abandoned the idea of finding a credible mlbb for me. Until today!
Wine Room's finish dries matte. It's so pigmented one strike is enough; doesn't survive food (I ate pizza wearing it) but it doesn't feel like you're wasting product as you need just a little of it to refresh your lips. Survives drinks excellently (minimum transfer on the bottle if you drink from it). Without doing anything, it can last up to 6 hours in perfect conditions.

As usual, Wnw's Megalast works wonders.I've never seen such pigmentation, quality and duration in much more expensive products, so having the jackpot for just 3 euros is heaven on earth if you like to collect many colors.
I simply adore it and suggest to give it a try as your possible mlbb!

on 5/11/2016 2:32:00 AM

Gorgeous color. so so pretty. I'm looking for a dupe of it in liquid lipstick format (my favorite type of lipstick).

The color is (on my nc35 complexion) my lips but darker and pinker. When I first put on this lip color I was like holy shit, this is beautiful.

Its like the perfect medium (but not too dark) pink, it doesn't pull too purple like my other mauve-y colors. This is the colour I wish I wore at my wedding, it brightens up my face and it not too loud but its that hit of color that works for me. I can imagine it being a bit too much pink on lighter skin tones.

Longevity - 4 to 5 hours, there's a nice stain but I like the full color of the lipstick. It would probably last longer on me if I didn't constantly rub my lips together. Its not transfer-proof, you will get it on your cups, but there color is still on your lips. .

Formula - thick balmy and matte. It doesn't dry down to a dry consistency, you can still smack your lips with it on. Its a bit tuggish when you first put on this wnw lipstick, eventually it'll warm up to your lips.

Packaging - cheap, I'm sad that I keep hitting the cap with the bullet and the cap is clear so it just looks like a big freaking mess on the cap. I wish the bullet didn't stick out so much, you can't twist the lipstick all the way down until you use a quarter of an inch of the lipstick.

Totally recommend! Favorite color from the line.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

New HG lipstick for me! I love that this is so inexpensive too. I pair this with Colour Pop's Aquarius liner (a nude brown shade) and this color is perfect for me. It looks like a mauve berry type color on my lips and is not bright at all - like a my lip color but better shade. Simply love it.

on 3/2/2016 9:38:00 PM

In the tube, it appears to be a "my lips but mauver" kind of color. But on light to medium skins, it's actually a very bold berry-pink. Any deeper and it would cross into pinkish-red territory. Just something to be aware of when purchasing! Had I known how this had looked on my I wouldn't have bought it.

The formula is good like most of the other Megalast lipsticks. Tugs a bit on application, neither drying nor moisturizing, wears well. However, after just a few uses my entire lipstick fell right out of the tube :(

Love these lipsticks so much! The colors are highly pigmented and stay on for so long! And they're SUPER affordable, I got mine for like $2 USD

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This lipstick is a little more intense than Rose Bud, almost hiting the red color for me. Gorgeous and flattering, I love this for day time looks. It brightens up the face and oh, it's just such a youthful color! The consistency is creamier than other lipsticks from the same line, but I don't mind it.

In the tube this looks more mauve/rose colored but on me it looks much more pink. It is also SUPER dry. Putting this on without any gloss or balm will dry your lips out like no other