4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

I wanted to try this product to combat redness and brighten my face. It does job well, but not much else. It's very useful for brushing over a bare face on low makeup days just to correct tone, and I like to use the yellow square for under my eyes and the green square over any concealed spots or redness. It does not work at all for setting foundation. I find that if I set my makeup with this powder it breaks up and looks cakey by mid afternoon and it barely controls shine at all. The powder is also very breakable so take care not to drop it. I think that if you want the color correcting benefits then this is a good pick and I might repurchase when I run out. Even though it is not an everyday must have, it's very good for those days you need a bit of extra color correction.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I think this stuff does help a bit with redness - not a TON, but a bit, for sure. It kinda gives you just a more even, slightly less red look. Every time I dig it out and use it, I'm always a bit shocked & surprised at how nice it make my face looks (I should use it every day!). If you're really trying to camouflage redness, try the NYX Primer (the green color corrector one) under your make up (i did another review on that, separately, awhile ago). That stuff REALLY makes a difference but so that, then a little bit of med. coverage foundation, then THIS on top and you really will beat down your redness!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I paid $7 for this on Ebay #YesToRebuy !! I haven’t seen this in an elf display in years but I ran across it on Ebay looking for elf products & I decided I liked the cool color better then the warm color (I want to try warm. I am NC20, so I’m not cool toned but I think the is a universal brightening powder!) I use parts of it individually & somexs swirl it together. It controls oil well. Nice sturdy sleek compact (needs an applicator but if i had paid $3 wouldn’t have been so bad) I use the elf selfie blurring brush w this I am LLL. Great brightening powder! If you get this powder get that brush because they work so well together. I would use this all the time if I didn’t have to pay $7 for it. It chaps my hide because it’s a $3 powder & ebayers making pure profit but I don’t like to pay shipping on elf’s site I don’t need 9 powders lol I guess I could order some other stuff it’d never be bad to order stuff I don’t need in order to get free shipping ain’t nobody here ever done that ;-) Grade: A

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

First of all, I should disclose that I'm not a big fan of pressed powders overall. I don't think they set the makeup as well or as flawlessly as loose powders, and that's not the fault of this powder in particular. It's more down to my preference and what works for my skin. I have the cool toned one, and I don't think this powder is tone correcting as much as it's just plain brightening. And the reason it's brightening is that it essentially is a very light powder. You'll notice that there isn't much of a difference between the four shades, if you swatch them separately. At least not on my fair skin, and I think you have to have somewhat light skin tones if you don't want to alter the shade of your foundation or create a white cast. What I do appreciate, however, is that it's a brightening powder that doesn't have a ton of sparkle - in fact, it has none. I sometimes use it to set my undereye concealer for that reason. I also will say that the powder is really finely milled and doesn't make your foundation look cake-y, and that's not bad for such a cheap powder! I think if you're looking for a product to color correct, you're much better off just buying liquid or cream color correction. However, if you want something brightening but still matte, you might want to take a chance on it. If you also tend to like pressed powders, I think you'll like it even more than me, since I'm partial to loose powders. + Cruelty free + Vegan + Finely milled and non cake-y + Very affordable product + Brightening without being shimmery + The packaging! Very sturdy, large mirror, simply impressive with such a cheap product - The tone correcting aspect is more of a gimmick than anything else, like someone below mentioned - Will probably create a white cast on some skin tones

About reviewer (419 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

I suffer from rosacea so was interested to try this powder for its purported color correction. I applied it to one side of my face and saw a tiny lightening effect and reduction in redness - but no more so than with most other face powders. I swirled the brush around in all colours as indicated. I also tried swirling a cotton pad around in all colours and saw that the deposit on the tissue (the combination of all four colours) wound up being a sort of warm white/ivory. So basically by using this powder you are applying a warm white powder to your face. The multi colours are a gimmick, IMHO.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0
from

3 years ago

Pros: The packaging is very sturdy and great to keep to in your purse. It can control my oil about 4 hours, which is not bad for oily skin. Cons: It does appear chalky and it will emphasize dryness. My skin looks cakey and very white after put this on. Overall, an average, budget-friendly product!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I enjoy using this powder. I use it on top of foundation in place of a translucent powder and it helps control oil and keep my foundation matte. I also find that it does make my skin tone look more even. It does not make my skin look dry or chalky, but instead leaves a matte yet natural finish. A little goes a long way, so this compact will last for a long time. The compact itself is good quality and quite sturdy, so will be good for travel. It also has a mirror in the lid. This is a great powder and extremely well priced. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (733 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I use this daily to set my foundation. It is perfect for those of us who like a translucent (I use the cool pallet) finish. I find when using a tinted powder I go from looking dewy with my foundation to looking like a dumped my face into a bucket of dust. It helps set the liquid foundation, without making me look powdery, once it to has settled. I'm really happy with this, and plan to purchase this or it's beaded counterpart when I run out.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

4 years ago

I used the laura mercier translucent powder before and I got this after thinking it was a color correcting cream. When I found out it was powder, I put it away for a while and continued with the Mercier. I recently dug it out of my bag of stuff I never use and Wow! I missed out. It does a great job of keeping my face matte until at least 11:00 am (I put on makeup around 6:30 am) and does a great job of keeping the redness of acne away.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

A fantastic concealer that really helps my under eye look brighter. Excellent finely milled consistency, cheap as hell and long lasting. Only took one star off because mine came with a chipped corner. Prolly just got dropped in the store.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35