e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
e.l.f. Cosmetics Tone Correcting Powder
Tone Correcting PowderTone Correcting PowderTone Correcting Powder

4.3

Talc, Mica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Sodium DehydroacetateMay Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

I wanted to try this product to combat redness and brighten my face. It does job well, but not much else. It's very useful for brushing over a bare face on low makeup days just to correct tone, and I like to use the yellow square for under my eyes and the green square over any concealed spots or redness. It does not work at all for setting foundation. I find that if I set my makeup with this powder it breaks up and looks cakey by mid afternoon and it barely controls shine at all. The powder is also very breakable so take care not to drop it. I think that if you want the color correcting benefits then this is a good pick and I might repurchase when I run out. Even though it is not an everyday must have, it's very good for those days you need a bit of extra color correction.

on 4/9/2019 8:58:00 AM

I think this stuff does help a bit with redness - not a TON, but a bit, for sure. It kinda gives you just a more even, slightly less red look. Every time I dig it out and use it, I'm always a bit shocked & surprised at how nice it make my face looks (I should use it every day!). If you're really trying to camouflage redness, try the NYX Primer (the green color corrector one) under your make up (i did another review on that, separately, awhile ago). That stuff REALLY makes a difference but so that, then a little bit of med. coverage foundation, then THIS on top and you really will beat down your redness!

I enjoy using this powder. I use it on top of foundation in place of a translucent powder and it helps control oil and keep my foundation matte. I also find that it does make my skin tone look more even. It does not make my skin look dry or chalky, but instead leaves a matte yet natural finish. A little goes a long way, so this compact will last for a long time. The compact itself is good quality and quite sturdy, so will be good for travel. It also has a mirror in the lid. This is a great powder and extremely well priced. I would repurchase.

on 3/26/2016 6:13:00 PM

I use this daily to set my foundation. It is perfect for those of us who like a translucent (I use the cool pallet) finish. I find when using a tinted powder I go from looking dewy with my foundation to looking like a dumped my face into a bucket of dust.
It helps set the liquid foundation, without making me look powdery, once it to has settled. I'm really happy with this, and plan to purchase this or it's beaded counterpart when I run out.

on 12/30/2015 6:07:00 PM

I really like this product! Elf is definately a hit or miss makeup brand and this was definitely a hit! I didn't like it at first because of some bad experiences I had with other elf products but when I recently pulled it back out and gave it another try I loved it! I have very acne prone and sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it at all. It covers the redness and discoloration on my cheeks and chin and isn't chalky like I thought it would be. For the price this is definately worth it!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

love this. my skin has lots of freckles and acne marks. after I put my normal Mary Kay foundation on I put this on on top. it covers my acne marks and let's my feckles show through. I buy this all the time I usually get it at walmart since the small town I live in doesn't have many stores. this powder sells fast so make sure you buy two or three when the store has them in stock. I recommend this product

I really like this product. It is kind of similar to the HD powder. I honestly do prefer the HD powder, but this is pressed and has a much less bulky packaging. Its a very finely milled, matte powder.

I own this in the shade Warm, and as far as "tone correcting" this really does nothing. It's white.

Like a lot of people have mentioned this is kind of chalky and gives a sort of white cast (maybe not the best for darker skin tones), however not really the same way the HD powder gives a white cast. This really gives me a vintage feeling if that makes any sense. It gives a matte, powdered finish like what you would see in the 40s and 50s. This might make it sound like horrible quality, but I really like this finish for a vintage look and will use this alone or as my setting powder (with a heavy hand) if that is what I'm going for. This "cast" powdery finish will however disappear quickly if applied with a light hand.

I'm going to give this 3 lippies because I prefer the HD powder so I don't really reach for this unless I'm going for a certain look, or if I'm traveling.

on 8/29/2015 10:48:00 PM

I have this in the cool version.

I really like the fact that all the colors are in quadrants. You can pick a color you want to use or swirl them all together. The colors are very pale so I don't think they do anything in terms of color correcting. It does brighten my skin though when used with a light hand. If you apply too much, this does make your skin look chalky.

Unfortunately, this may be breaking me out :(

I mean it's definitely not the best powder in terms of quality. It does appear chalky and it will emphasize dryness but for $3??? I don't regret purchasing at all.

I use this powder every and it works great. It doesn't irritate my sensitive and acne prone skin! I will absolutely repurchase!

on 5/19/2015 2:22:00 AM

(This is a review on the cool-toned powder as I have not tried the warm one.)

I keep buying this powder again and again. The quality is amazing and it's super cheap. I use all of the colors swirled together to set my face makeup and I love it. I feel like I look brighter and more alive when I wear it and my overall skin tone appears more even. The powder itself is finely milled which makes my skin look flawless. It smooths over my imperfections (especially large pores) and leaves an airbrushed look. I've used it on it's own for a long time, but I recently have started using a setting spray and now it's even better.

Something to keep in mind is that though it's not a very pigmented powder, it can sometimes give a white cast or chalky look when applied all over. This is no problem for me, as I'm ghostly white, but it might be better to use the colors individually if you aren't so fair. The setting spray really helps cut down on the white cast.