Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

4.1

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow really surprised this perfume doesn't have higher reviews! I never owned a "high end" perfume before this one (mostly just used Bath & Body Works sprays), in part because of how pricey they are, and also because I could never find a scent that really knocked me out.

Last year, my mom took me shopping for Christmas presents, and decided that she wanted to get me a fancy perfume, because her mother bought her her first perfume at my age. I was pretty skeptical, especially when the first five perfumes I tested were disgusting and made me nauseous.

After many failed attempts at trying the more popular brands (blown away that Channel No. 5 is so popular, it smells like public bathroom hand soap in my opinion). I told the sales associate that I was looking for something, "light and feminine, without being too flowery or fruity." She directed me to two perfumes that she thought best matched my description; one was okay, much too sharp of a scent, but the other one--Lancome La Vie Est Belle--was something out of a dream! Exactly what I had been looking for all these years!

I bought it immediately, and despite the price (which is expected when you're getting a quality perfume, one bottle has lasted me ages anyway) I am insanely happy with my purchase! I also think the packaging and supple, rosy color of the perfume is just lovely. It is a very potent perfume, so one generous spritz on the wrists, followed by a quick rub on either side of your neck is the perfect amount. Long lasting, without being overbearing. I always get compliments about how good I smell! Never going back to body sprays again.

on 5/13/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite daytime perfume ever! This smell is so addictive and it lasts me all day. It's a really heavy scent so if you're not into that this may not be for you. But I'm obsessed and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. This perfume makes me feel classy, beautiful and sensual, so this really boosts my confidence, LOVE IT!

on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

on 9/1/2013 7:05:00 AM

Fruity & floral. Sweet & feminine. Yummy & LONG-LASTING. My day-to-day fragrance is Burberry Brit, but when I want to wear something a little "nicer", this is what I put on. And I don't need to use much at all because this fragrance is powerful (it's very easy to overdo it.) I have a bottle of the L'eau de Parfum, and just as an object it it gorgeous- I love the packaging. Heavy glass with a ribbon around the neck of the bottle.

But I love the scent even more, I always get tons of compliments when I wear this. Will repurchase in the future, definitely.

EDIT: Have changed the rating from 5 to a 4 because I decided that the EDP version is a bit too heavy and patchouli-ish, lacks the sparkliness of the EDT. The patchouli note is still present in the EDT version but not quite so much. Still love it though, I just prefer the EDT.

on 8/22/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got some samples from a store and loved this so much. Sweet, feminine, long-lasting. But i smelled this on someone while i was outside and changed my mind about the perfume. I felt it was too strong, too sugary sweet and trying too hard. I could smell the girl metres away, surely that can't be good if you're hitting everyone around you with your overbearing perfume. That aside, this perfume reminds me of coco mademoiselle wannabe that doesn't really live up to the careless but enchanting glamour of coco. but it still comes off as a good perfume if you don't think of that comparison. If i were to buy it, i would grab the small bottle only as i love it enough to wear it sometimes but not faithfully for years as i have with coco mademoiselle.

on 8/7/2013 2:12:00 PM

smells really good reminds me of flower bomb

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite new perfume. I absolutely love it!!!! I also love the lotion (almost as much) and the shower gel.

on 12/14/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sampled it, couldn't get it out of my head, and wound up purchasing. When sampling in Nordstrom & Sephora I saw the similarities to Flowerbomb others have mentioned, however, when I wear this I don't think of Flowerbomb at all. La Vie Est Belle is very cotton candy on my skin and it shares a very sweet vanilla-tonka tone with Prada Candy. La Vie Est Belle is much more beautiful though. This a "me" fragrance that I can really live in.

on 11/6/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Ugh! Heavy and spicy. This gave me a headache within two minutes. Made me nauseated, and then I saw it has patchouli and I realized why. Gives me flashbacks of my evil kindergarten teacher.

Popular Fragrances