Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

4.6

on 3/30/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorites.
The perfume lasts for more than 12 hrs, it smells like a sweet thing (cotton-candy-like) and the smell is pretty obvious.
This is not a discreet perfume, it is the kind of smell one senses when passes near the person who wears it, it is the turning heads perfume.
I love it and I bought it more than once.
I recommend it to women who love persistent essences.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

on 12/29/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm convinced this is the smell you smell when first walk into any perfume place. For some of you this may not be appealing but I love it. It's a very strong, warm scent. I love the pink color of it. I got the rollerball of it for $25 at ULTA. Good price and since the smell is so long lasting I should have it for a while. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love gourmand fragrences... Sweet,feminine type perfumes actually. It all started with flowerbomb, and That was my signature scent for a long type, then it was Prada candy-which I ADORE but unfortunately the longetivity just isn't there so after using up almost 1/4 of my bottle in a month I set out on a search for a sweet, gourmand type fragrance that lasts & is sweet-not cloying. This is my now signature scent! It is definitely beautiful like the name describes, so if your looking for something feminine, sweet and almost sugary this is the perfume for you :)
YES-this is strong, if you are going to wear this, do not douse yourself in it! 1-2 sprays should be enough to last the day, anymore and you might get a headache. A little goes a long way with this perfume so be careful!
Overall I definitely recommend this perfume :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LVEB is a strong powdery gourmand. I was initially wary of trying it out because of the patchouli, which I can not usually endure. So many perfumes were ruined for me with the inclusion of that dreaded patch note. Here, the vanilla and praline add just the right amount of sugary sweetness to rob the patchouli of its earthy edges, and the base emerges as a minty cool confection following a top and middle of the thickest vanilla ice cream sprinkled with the ripest blueberries (probably the currant). I like the iris, responsible for lending the scent an elegant, formal touch. I could not really detect the other florals though.

If sugar is not like crack for you, then step away from this bottle. The staying power is tenacious, and you will receive compliments without a doubt. La vie is easy to like, since it follows in the footsteps of the massively popular Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle. Certainly, it is not unique, but I think it marries patchouli and praline very well for an attractive price point. Lancome perfumers knew what they were doing when they reinterpreted a familiar formula. Much like a romance novel, the patchouli gourmand has a set recipe, but LVEB has enough character to be more than a modern garden variety scent thanks to the understated glamor of iris, which for better or worse is becoming increasingly utilized in popular department store releases as a way to compete with niche houses. But whatever La vie lacks in olfactory innovation, it more than compensates with its welcoming, winning personality. Got to find that scarf around the neck of the bottle just adorable. Notes: pear, black currant, orange blossom, iris, jasmine, patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I could cuddle up on a cold night with this fragrance. Sweet and satisfying, along the lines of Thierry Mugler's Angel, but on another level, nowhere near as 'cheap' smelling, nor overpowering. I have many compliments on this fragrance, both this and the Legere version.

on 11/8/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very very SEXY smel!I love it!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing! This scent is addictive! Right away it smells a bit too sweet but once it dries down it smells set. Men love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

La Vie Est Belle. Life is beautiful. What a simplistic, yet pretty name for a perfume. And the name fits well. This perfume is sweet, feminine, and elegant. It's not too heady or overpowering as I've noted some "classical" perfumes tend to be. This perfume is perfect for a black tie affair or any other special occasion. The price is a little steep, but worth it if you have the money to spend on it. The botttle has a simplistic elegance, and the gray ribbon complements the amber color of the liquid.

on 9/28/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This perfume is nice but it's one of those perfumes that can give you a headache which is always annoying. To me it's a sweet, caramel scent. It's not sickening sweet like Aquolina Pink Sugar (which I hate). It's sweet but it's more sophisticated than that. When I first sprayed it and let it hang out for a bit on my wrist I thought it smelled like peach. I'm not sure why cause there's no peach note in it to my knowledge. Maybe I was getting that from the pear and the praline or something but it smelled peachy to me and I liked it. The die down was still sweet but more vanilla sweet with the jasmine floral notes in there. This did end up giving me a headache which wasn't nice. Not sure why that happened because I'm a huge fan of sweet scents. I only sprayed it on my wrist and that's it. Something about it just made my head hurt. You definitely don't wanna over spray this stuff cause it is quite strong. I know in the beginning I said it's not sickening sweet but there's still something about it that's very BAM in your face. Just in a different way. It is expensive being that it's Lancome so I would spray it and walk around for a bit just to make sure you like it before you spend your money on it. The bottle is absolutely stunning, the perfume itself is like a pinky peach color and the bottle has a grey ribbon around the neck. It's very classy looking. I would say this is a fall/winter scent. For me, I live in Florida where it's very hot so I cannot imagine wearing this during the summer when it's hot out, it would just be too much. But for the colder months it would be great. It's very cozy and sweet. All in all I do like this perfume but you have to be careful with it. It's definitely a very feminine, girly perfume.

Popular Fragrances