Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 10/7/2018 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, La Vie Est Belle is Flowerbomb but better. Instead of Flowerbomb’s opening tea note, there’s a slight powdery note in LVEB (the iris??). And it’s sweet… Very sweet. I actually love the powdery sweetness in the first hour of LVEB. However, that dissipates and a very popular candied patchouli emerges. I’m not a fan of the candied patchouli. I’m not sure why that is, as I love the earthy, dirty, body odor patchouli in Thierry Mugler Angel as well as the clean, mossy, screechy patchouli in Coco Mademoiselle. But something about candied patchouli just doesn’t sit right with my nose. Everyone else clearly loves candied patchouli, however, as it is present in both LVEB and Flowerbomb and both fragrances are insanely popular.

LVEB rarely goes unnoticed and is sure to garner compliments. It’s unmistakably feminine. It is longlasting and projects like a beast (one or two sprays max, ladies and gents). It lasts forever on both skin and clothes. I love the bottle and the pink juice. LVEB will be an enduring classic as it is pretty ageless. I can imagine both young and mature wearing it.

This one is here to stay and is definitely worth a sniff. If you love praline/vanilla sweetness with a dose of sweet patch, then check out La Vie Est Belle.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The pear is the strongest fruit note on me - well, I say strongest, but it is still pretty soft and doesn't leave me with a lasting impression. There is soft vanilla present through all of the fragrance too, with adds a creamy sweetness and warmth to the fragrance. The patchouli is also quick to develop, so whilst everything is sweet, it's not cloyingly so.

The floral notes used are powdery and just provide a background for the iris. It's quite startling how, after around two hours, the fragrance suddenly changes from a soft gourmand to present the wearer with a rich iris note. I don't have much experience with iris in perfumes, so LA VIE EST BELLE is unique enough to me to justify the splurge. After another few hours the fragrance turns slightly nutty and even creamier as the rest of the base notes develop. Whilst the iris note dies down, the combined powderiness of the floral notes remain and softly fade away with the base notes after around nine hours on my skin.

Official scent notes: Iris, orange blossoms, jasmine, black currant, pear, tonka bean, praline, patchouli and vanilla.

I wouldn't wear LA VIE EST BELLE in warm/bright weather as the excellent longevity [9+ hours], and the sensation of warmth that is created by the creamy sweetness in the scent notes can be too much for migraine-prone me; I've made the mistake of wearing it on sunny days, and have been left with banging migraines as a result. I'd say this is definitely a fragrance for autumn/winter - in fact I like to wear this perfume to bed then.

on 9/5/2018 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
A little too expensive.
The bottle is square,but round on the bottom,inside,like a glass of shot of....tequila.Pink liquid.
The leaves make me daydream of how life is beautiful.
Lasts 7-8 hours.
I was making consciousness of being the only one that doesn't love the scent.Apparently I'm not the only one.It's too sweet,powdery.
First I had a sample.Thank God that I bought the 30 ml bottle!I get borred easily with a perfume,so,I change it often.
Maybe the first time I used too much product,because it gave me headache and dizziness.It impregnated a tiny bit in my desk(because I use it on my wrists too) and,sometimes,I get a little of the scent.
With this perfume less is more.
What's with the people using perfumes on the clothes?Perfumes are for skin,not for clothes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I will be honest and confess this was not love at first sniff. However, I didn't want to write LVEB off because so many people talk about the amazing longevity and sillage of this scent (I am sick of paying for scents that don't last or project). So I got a sample of this from Sephora, wore it a few different times, and now I can appreciate its creamy sweetness, the light patchouli, the beautiful florals, and the incredible lasting power! It has really grown on me and I am a fan of this warm and sweet scent. It makes my clothes smell heavenly and lasts on fabric like you wouldn't believe! Lancome knows how to do well-made fragrances. The bottle is lovely too, heavy and expensive looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually didn't buy this, and never will. How this review came to be, is an unfortunate situation. I did some looking up on the fragrance and was shocked to see the price, packaging and it's popularity. Maybe this review will help anyone who considers purchasing.

I was getting comfortable in a movie theater, eagerly anticipating the Avengers Infinity War show about to start. A beautiful (well groomed) young lady had purchased the seat next to me. She sat down and got comfortable also. Immediately I was nauseous. The smell coming off of her was so sickeningly sweet and overwhelming, that I could barely stand it. It burned my eyes and my lungs (I smoke a pack a day, that had to be some serious stuff) and my head started to hurt pretty bad. As I said, I smoke and smells usually don't bother me.

I politely leaned over and asked her, what perfume are you wearing, it's fabulous! Really, I was talking mental notes to avoid and never expose myself to this hell again. She excitedly told me, La Ve Est Belle! It's Lancome! Sexiest fragrance out right now! I love it too, doesn't take much, so go light handed!

I suffered through the movie and made it out of there as fast as I could. Online, the fragrance profile actually looked like something I would like. I've always second thought buying it though. My intuition never fails me. $98 a bottle? A clear glass bottle, half full, wearing a glittery scarf, that smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Brittney Spears Curious had an ugly love child that was radio active.

It's bad. Stay away from it. Consider the people who have to smell you!

La vie est belle smells fantastic at first. The top notes are sweet and fresh. However, the "dry down" didn't work with my body chemistry. After about a half hour, it settled into a very over the top, powdery smell. Unfortunately, it was far too strong and very dated for my taste. I tried so hard to love this scent, because I read so many fabulous reviews. My husband usually loves all my perfumes. However, this is the first one he didn't care for. The one positive thing I will say...is that the bottle with the little bow, sure is pretty!

on 3/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Everyone's chemistry is different, but for me this scent is intoxicating. I do enjoy and own unique scents such as Mugler Aura, and understand that the notes are not unique, but the lasting power and the non overpowering nature of the Tonka bean lingering for over a day makes this scent perfect for those who dislike smelling flowery or perfume(y).

The bottle is amazing: heavy, elegantly curved, with an adorable tulle "neck tie" around the sprayer. Unfortunately, the juice is annoyingly boring and common. Like, I actually felt angry when I sprayed it on for the first time and realized it was a huge disappointment.

This was after reading Lancome's hype about how special this thing is, how many perfumers worked on it, etc. It has a lot of the Coco Mademoiselle (2001) bone structure, which itself borrowed from the Thierry Mugler Angel (1992) bone structure, with some more caramel in the base and some tart fruits up front. It may be the 10,000th sanitized spawn of Angel/Coco Mad I've smelled.... somewhere along the way I lost count.

In other words, if you didn't know it was an expensive highly hyped Lancome launch, you would assume it was another bland, nondescript fruity floral. I mean sure, it smells good. But not special at all. I wore it for about 2 days before admitting that I was bored and underwhelmed. Back to the classics for me.

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

on 1/31/2018 8:42:00 AM

My new favorite perfume! It grows on you for sure. Love the bright, youthful, floral fragrance!

Popular Fragrances