Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually didn't buy this, and never will. How this review came to be, is an unfortunate situation. I did some looking up on the fragrance and was shocked to see the price, packaging and it's popularity. Maybe this review will help anyone who considers purchasing.

I was getting comfortable in a movie theater, eagerly anticipating the Avengers Infinity War show about to start. A beautiful (well groomed) young lady had purchased the seat next to me. She sat down and got comfortable also. Immediately I was nauseous. The smell coming off of her was so sickeningly sweet and overwhelming, that I could barely stand it. It burned my eyes and my lungs (I smoke a pack a day, that had to be some serious stuff) and my head started to hurt pretty bad. As I said, I smoke and smells usually don't bother me.

I politely leaned over and asked her, what perfume are you wearing, it's fabulous! Really, I was talking mental notes to avoid and never expose myself to this hell again. She excitedly told me, La Ve Est Belle! It's Lancome! Sexiest fragrance out right now! I love it too, doesn't take much, so go light handed!

I suffered through the movie and made it out of there as fast as I could. Online, the fragrance profile actually looked like something I would like. I've always second thought buying it though. My intuition never fails me. $98 a bottle? A clear glass bottle, half full, wearing a glittery scarf, that smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Brittney Spears Curious had an ugly love child that was radio active.

It's bad. Stay away from it. Consider the people who have to smell you!

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 3/30/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorites.
The perfume lasts for more than 12 hrs, it smells like a sweet thing (cotton-candy-like) and the smell is pretty obvious.
This is not a discreet perfume, it is the kind of smell one senses when passes near the person who wears it, it is the turning heads perfume.
I love it and I bought it more than once.
I recommend it to women who love persistent essences.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

La Vie Est Belle is the latest perfume to make its debut by Lancome...
It has black currant,pear,jasmine,orange blossom,iris,patchouli,praline,vanilla,tonka bean...
Sweet perfume that smells like Pears,Flowers,Vanilla...Ladies that like sweet perfumes may enjoy it...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

A bit strong & too flowery and gives me a headache can't Wash it off soon enough..

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 12/10/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I rarely read fragrance notes. I did smell this in a magazine, and intrigued, ordered a couple samples from eBay. I liked it after a two-three week trial. Mom bought this for me for Christmas, and gave it to me early. It's delightful, but I'm a child of the early 70s. I do get a hint of jasmine at the beginning, then maybe a sweetness, but that is probably the patchouli. Perhaps this reminds me of Love's Musky Jasmine Flower? Yeah, I wore that for years. It doesn't go powdery or "sweet and floral" on me. I couldn't disagree more that this smells like Madamoiselle. It is so EVERYWHERE that it's boring. I love this one. Will you? It's a hate or love relationship. I definitely do.

Popular Fragrances