Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 1/31/2017 7:16:00 PM

I received a sample vial of this one, it is a strong scent, too sweet for my taste (and I don't use to dislike sweet perfumes), it just lingers and makes me dizzy. Gave it to my mom and she didn't like it either, too bad cause its description and reviews weren't that bad.

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

I only have a sample of this at the moment but I think I'm having a bit of a love affair with it. If you hate sweet smells this defiantly is not for you. I find it very unusual and ultra feminine. Very tempted to purchase the full size even though I'm very fickle with Perfume. Fragrance is best tested by the individual as it's such a personal thing X

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh this reminds me of Pink Sugar, Coco Mademoiselle, & Flowerbomb. I really liked it at first and it lasts longer on my skin than any of the others, but I hate the sugary black currant note. I will not re-buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have never been a fan of gourmand scents; however, at first spritz, my olfactory senses found this to be pleasant and mouth-watering delicious! I couldn't stop smelling my wrists.

It seemed all the notes hit me at once. Pear, light florals, vanilla, thought I smelled chocolate,(but fragrantica.com listed note as praline), and patchouli. Kept hoping the patch would hide out in the background, but within a couple of minutes of spraying La Vie Est Belle, the patch dominated the fragrance. Drydown was dirty, dirty patch with the sweet, mouth-watering gourmand taking a seat behind the patch. Boo.

This is the same experience I have with CoCo Mademoiselle. If only I could find a fragrance similar to both Coco and La Vie without patch, I would be making two fragrance purchases without hesitation.

There are women who enjoy wearing a glaring patch fragrance, and wear it well; however, I am not one of them.

on 10/22/2014 8:53:00 AM

First time i sprayed this didn't think that much of it and was comparing it to Britney Fantasy, i love sweet scents, anyway then for some reason tested it again and fell in love with its sweet, chocolate smell i then kept smelling the card , i then however went onto other perfumes and keep finding myself coming back to it, i order a sample and sprayed this on before i went to cinema, mmmm love this now! wish id stuck it out and went with it all them times of trying it, it starts very juicy like blackcurrant jelly, a bag of jellytots?? then mellows out but still very sweet creamy, milky hint of chocolate and sugary goodness and keep getting whiffs of this warm creamy sweet smell. Now cant wait to buy a bottle of it! makes me feel very luxurious when wearing this, feels expensive and is so sweet and yummy! the bottle looks really nice as well very grown up. Also lasts ages on clothes sprayed this once on my jumper its still there 3/4 days later!
Overall a very sweet, chocolatey, warm, creamy milky perfume thats more grown up still very sweet :)

on 10/17/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMGosh. NO!!! I liked the way it smelled in one of those magazine samples, so I bought myself a small bottle. Oy! Don't know how I could have taken this all wrong, but I know I won't trust magazine samples anymore! Ha, ha! This fragrance is very potent (did I stress, "VERY?"), and I would not recommend wearing this to the office- especially if you are in tight quarters. It stays put all day long, just as strong as the first moment you sprayed it. Normally, I would consider staying power like that a GREAT quality in a fragrance; but not when it is so strong, it brings on a sinus-induced headache. By the end of the day, I could not wait to wash it off of me. The next day, I could still smell it on my clothes (the jacket I had on), although it was not as horrible because it was more faint. I think La Vie Est Belle had the potential to be a pretty floral, but only if it wasn't so strong. Something in it caused my nostrils to sting and brought on a terrible headache by late afternoon. Unfortunately, this is going to be returned.

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

Popular Fragrances