Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

3.9

on 11/19/2018 2:26:00 PM

Several months ago I wrote a scathing review of LVEB, accusing it of being the ultimate in generic, formulaic "mall" scents. I mean, how many candied fruitchouli scents do we need, especially for >$100 a bottle?

I'm back with a different take on this perfume, because I've kept using my little bottle of LVEB... and it's really grown on me!

Ever since I smelled Angel on my beautiful neighbor, I tried and tried to make that fragrance work for me, but on my skin it has always smelled like sweaty armpits + stewed prunes. Coco Mademoiselle has many of the same notes as Angel, and it smells good on me, but I just find it trite and overly squeaky-clean. As it turns out, LVEB is "my" perfect Angel! It's clearly an Angel derivative, with the whole vanilla-caramel-praline-patchouli drydown and fruity topnotes, but it actually smells heavenly on me and gives me that sugar/patchouli contrast I so love about Angel.

Angel was a groundbreaker and is daring to this day-- and I'll always love it from afar. Some may argue LVEB, by contrast, is sanitized and annoyingly synthetic. I get that, but I cannot deny that it smells GREAT on me and makes me feel good all day. If I have to smell a bit generic and recognizable, so be it. Some things are popular for good reason.

BTW, the InStyle/Perfect Scents dupe of LVEB sold at Walgreens and CVS is really quite close to the original. It wears more lightly, which some may even prefer. I wear the "imposter" version to work and the real thing at bedtime and on dates :)

on 11/17/2018 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Ewww.... I can't tolerate this one. I get cotton candy. That's it - starts there and ends there.

on 9/5/2018 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
A little too expensive.
The bottle is square,but round on the bottom,inside,like a glass of shot of....tequila.Pink liquid.
The leaves make me daydream of how life is beautiful.
Lasts 7-8 hours.
I was making consciousness of being the only one that doesn't love the scent.Apparently I'm not the only one.It's too sweet,powdery.
First I had a sample.Thank God that I bought the 30 ml bottle!I get borred easily with a perfume,so,I change it often.
Maybe the first time I used too much product,because it gave me headache and dizziness.It impregnated a tiny bit in my desk(because I use it on my wrists too) and,sometimes,I get a little of the scent.
With this perfume less is more.
What's with the people using perfumes on the clothes?Perfumes are for skin,not for clothes.

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this but after it dries down it smells like old wine and cigarettes on me. I can only describe the fragrance as heavy and sweet.

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

on 3/23/2017 1:53:00 PM

It is easy to see why LVEB is the best selling fragrance in Paris... It's uber feminine and a total man magnet! Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time a man made a huge fuss over how amazing I smell when wearing this I could buy another bottle. lol

If you don't like sweet-gourmand types, don't even bother. You'll hate this. But if that's your preference I can almost guarantee you'll love this. It's the queen of gourmands! Great longevity, silage, well made, heavy glass bottle. Beautiful glittering box. I like that they accommodate the blind with braille on the box also. I did give less lippies for price just because I am tired of all designers charging these obscene amounts for perfumes. I think my 3.4 was 125$. That's average though nowadays but still crazy! I just found out Perfumania sells them for 88$ so I'll go that route next time. But price is my only complaint.

This is my husbands absolute favorite. He always tells me "You shouldn't even bother with any other perfume, babe. That one is the one!" lol