Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.9

The bottle is amazing: heavy, elegantly curved, with an adorable tulle "neck tie" around the sprayer. Unfortunately, the juice is annoyingly boring and common. Like, I actually felt angry when I sprayed it on for the first time and realized it was a huge disappointment.

This was after reading Lancome's hype about how special this thing is, how many perfumers worked on it, etc. It has a lot of the Coco Mademoiselle (2001) bone structure, which itself borrowed from the Thierry Mugler Angel (1992) bone structure, with some more caramel in the base and some tart fruits up front. It may be the 10,000th sanitized spawn of Angel/Coco Mad I've smelled.... somewhere along the way I lost count.

In other words, if you didn't know it was an expensive highly hyped Lancome launch, you would assume it was another bland, nondescript fruity floral. I mean sure, it smells good. But not special at all. I wore it for about 2 days before admitting that I was bored and underwhelmed. Back to the classics for me.

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this but after it dries down it smells like old wine and cigarettes on me. I can only describe the fragrance as heavy and sweet.

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

on 3/23/2017 1:53:00 PM

It is easy to see why LVEB is the best selling fragrance in Paris... It's uber feminine and a total man magnet! Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time a man made a huge fuss over how amazing I smell when wearing this I could buy another bottle. lol

If you don't like sweet-gourmand types, don't even bother. You'll hate this. But if that's your preference I can almost guarantee you'll love this. It's the queen of gourmands! Great longevity, silage, well made, heavy glass bottle. Beautiful glittering box. I like that they accommodate the blind with braille on the box also. I did give less lippies for price just because I am tired of all designers charging these obscene amounts for perfumes. I think my 3.4 was 125$. That's average though nowadays but still crazy! I just found out Perfumania sells them for 88$ so I'll go that route next time. But price is my only complaint.

This is my husbands absolute favorite. He always tells me "You shouldn't even bother with any other perfume, babe. That one is the one!" lol

on 3/1/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have repurchased this because I loved it so much, but won't do again because Lancome is unfortunately not cruelty free. I love the scent, and disagree with the reviewers that say that this smells cheap or too sweet or not complex enough. To me, this smells sophisticated, feminine, sweet and sexy, and yes, it is pleasantly long lasting. It is in the Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb family for a reference. The packaging is a little too bulky for my taste, and I always take off the silver bow because frankly I think it looks ridiculous. I do like it's peachy colour. But then again, why even discuss about taste?

Pro:
- amazing smell
- long lasting

Con:
- not cruelty free
- bulky bottle

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

Popular Fragrances