Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.5

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this parfum. Blackcurrent, vanilla, patchouli base notes seem to be in all my favourite parfums but this is by far the most expensive. It does have a good lasting power through out the day on my skin but Si by Giorgio Armani lasts longer. I would repurchase this when I run out. I do use it on a daily basis. Love this scent.

on 12/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

Oh well it's a bummer, I ordered this perfume thinking it was gunna be magical but it turns out a total letdown, after reading all the reviews about it, how some ladies said it has longevity and staying power, it's also supposed to have patchouli? No I don't get that either.. it smells like a strange mixture of candy and something else, maybe vanilla? And not to mention the casing around the sprayer broke and came off only after 2 days, very cheaply made, Oh and about an hour after I put it on poof it disappears! That's the only magic thing about it! I knew I should've got Poeme which I adore, sorry Lancôme you really bombed on this one, next time I'll go with my instinct and get Poeme... 🙄

on 5/5/2016 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent and tested it when it first came out, i now use a roll on of this, cheaper and its pretty good
i like the scent, but it doesnt WOW me

In my opinion BEAUTIFUL and FRESH definitely DON'T fit the bill here!!!!! Think CHEAP and SICKLY and you are on the right track!! Not sophisticated at all! Lasts all day in a baaaaaaaaddddd way! No thank you!!!

I got a perfume sample of 10 perfumes from Shoppers Drug Mart and this was my favourite. I turned in the coupon for the full size.

I actually had 3 favourites, including YSL Black Opium and Hugo Woman but this one narrowly beat them because it's moving into spring and Black Opium is a cozier scent for fall/winter and Hugo Woman is too androgynous for date nights. La vie est belle is more all purpose. Not too sexy to wear to the office, but not too cool or masculine to wear on a date.

I really, really love this scent. I could not stop wearing it. It's sweet, floral, feminine and warm. It's quite comforting and cozy but still fresh enough to wear for spring.

Wears really nicely on my skin as well, which is a bonus since some perfumes can get quite sour on me. (Fruity perfumes, I'm looking at you!)

Also comes in an adorable package with a lovely pink-peach colour and a little bow.

on 2/8/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feminine, floral, sensual, lovely. This has become my signature scent, and I get complimented about it practically on a weekly basis. It's a strong scent, but not heavy, which makes it a good day-wear perfume.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Checking out new fragrances for the first time in a long while, I only spritzed this one on myself (the others I sprayed on a testing strip). I thought it smelled nice but it was not my world-rocker, no.. Two days later, that damned fragrance was still as strong as ever on my hand! I had bathed 2x + washed my hands many times but nope! It wasn't going anywhere. Glad I had not been led astray and bought it, though if so, I'd have a life-long product lol. I am getting into some other Lancome scents that don't have such great lasting power but I prefer them.. the Tresor ones in particular.. anyway, give this a whirl but be careful to not apply much at all.. it's a monster!

Popular Fragrances