Lancome La Vie Est Belle

4.1

on 2/8/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feminine, floral, sensual, lovely. This has become my signature scent, and I get complimented about it practically on a weekly basis. It's a strong scent, but not heavy, which makes it a good day-wear perfume.

on 1/21/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is nice cold weather scent for me. It has a musky undertone from the patchouli but is balanced by the sweet notes. My skin picks up the vanilla and fruit notes well and the longevity is decent. I can still smell it, although much lighter, at the end of the day. I have it in the roller ball version that I found at Ulta. It was $25 plus tax. For some reason I can't pull off too many gourmand scents, but this is a nice transition. It is a flirty fragrance and I can see why some gravitate towards it. I don't see it resembling any other perfumes to my nose, but the opening is vaguely similar to some I have tried. I love this enough to get the matching lotion soon.

on 7/17/2013 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Simply stated, I find this to be a cheap (in the olfactory sense) rip off of Coco Mlle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This perfume is housed in such a lovely bottle! So chic! At first, it is quite sweet, but then it dries down into a really lovely day scent. I was actually surprised at the complexity of it, and I think I go against all those who complain of its sweetness. It isn't cloying to me, despite the fact that I rarely like the very sweet fragrances. This one is feminine in every sense of the word. And I do think it'd be suitable for all ages.

on 12/14/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sampled it, couldn't get it out of my head, and wound up purchasing. When sampling in Nordstrom & Sephora I saw the similarities to Flowerbomb others have mentioned, however, when I wear this I don't think of Flowerbomb at all. La Vie Est Belle is very cotton candy on my skin and it shares a very sweet vanilla-tonka tone with Prada Candy. La Vie Est Belle is much more beautiful though. This a "me" fragrance that I can really live in.

on 10/21/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the longest lasting perfume I have found in ages. The only thing comparable is Must by Cartier. This seems like more of a perfume for women not girls. Does not remind me of Flowerbomb at all. The notes are lovely and it is ultimately a creamy soft oriental on me.

on 9/16/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What's wrong with perfumery these days? Why so many new creations have to smell like candy to appeal to the customers? It might be considered fashionable/trendy I guess.
I have fallen for that too, I don't pretend to be the wise one here. I have bought princess and taj sunset and candy. All sugary sweet and so little more. But you know what? It's so monotonous and NOT feminine to smell syrupy sweet.
La vie est belle is all about sweet praline and sweet vanilla. That's it. The sweetness leaves so little space for the other notes to develop. Good silage and longevity but I've nothing more to add. I start facing it as a bad joke.

on 9/12/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One word......DELICIOUS!!! I love sweet smells (my absolute fav is Flowerbomb) I'm so glad I got this, it lasts a really long time (almost a whole work day) and fades nicely. It's sweet but not too sweet, like a grown up sexy sweet. It's similar to Flowerbomb because they both have notes of Patchouli, but that's the only hint of similarity, I wouldn't consider this a dupe for it in any way because they smell completely different on me, to me this one is a little sweeter, Flowerbomb is a little spicier :) I would def repurchase, but next time I'll get the bigger bottle!! Only thing I don't like is the little piece of ribbon wrapped around the neck of the bottle, I just don't get it :/ o well doesn't affect my rating, I'm just saying! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this fragrance. Probably because it reminds me of flower bomb and not so expensive. It is slightly sweet, vanilla and chocolate seem to be present with a hint of patchouli and of course iris.

Popular Fragrances