Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 3/30/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorites.
The perfume lasts for more than 12 hrs, it smells like a sweet thing (cotton-candy-like) and the smell is pretty obvious.
This is not a discreet perfume, it is the kind of smell one senses when passes near the person who wears it, it is the turning heads perfume.
I love it and I bought it more than once.
I recommend it to women who love persistent essences.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow, I've managed to collect 4 sample sprayers of this fragrance. Send help.

I'm kidding. This isn't terrible by any means; in fact, I'd dare say it's mostly pleasant. However, it suffers from a major identity crisis that makes it something I'd never want to wear on the daily.

La Vie Est Belle starts off with the unmistakable scent of blackcurrant, alongside an annoyingly sweet... something? Not sure what it is, but it actually did give me a fleeting headache. Anyway, as it dries down, it turns more floral, with iris in particular, but for some odd reason this phase smells like blueberry muffins to me. Peculiar, but enjoyable. As time passes by, the gourmand part of the perfume starts to shine. Lots of vanilla and nutty praline, kept in check from becoming a diabetes bomb by the prominent patchouli note. The base notes linger on FOREVER. Not to mention the sillage is powerful, but with the headache I get from the initial whiff of this perfume, every time I wear this in public I get a bit self-conscious, no matter how sparingly I spritz this on.

From the description, La Vie Est Belle sounds appealing enough, but it's also the kind of scent that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a chimera of floral, fruity, and gourmand, all blurring into a nondescript sweet cloud if you don't focus hard on picking out the individual notes. I wouldn't describe it as cheap, but it has that typical "department store perfume section" thing going on (cue that scene in Spongebob, lol).

As a fan of "sweet" scents, I'm surprised how much I dislike this one. I think my taste for perfumes changed- I think I'd love it back when I was 18, but now it's too sweet. Now I prefer something more striking, musky, woody. "La Vie Est Belle" is just flat, a Barbie doll fragrance- from luxury scents I expect something more complicated, complex. The only thing I like about it- it's long lasting.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very average, all-around, for me.

Scent-wise, I find this to be feminine without being 'too girly,' which I appreciate. Soft, not overpowering. All in all a pretty 'safe' fragrance, meaning, this is more of a crowd-pleasing scent. Safe for year-round and good for day or night. Safe for church or a night on the town, so it is very versatile in that regard.

I think this would be fine for school or the office; it does not seem too strong. But of course as with any fragrance, subject to personal opinion and individuals. This does last all day on me and beyond, so kudos for that, and I really pick up the sweetness of this on the dry-down for me.

The bottle, it is pretty I guess, but really..?---A simple little silver/grey ribbon tied to the top..? Okay. I am one to appreciate simple and I love classic and clean lines and all, but I just think they kind of dropped the ball with this on the bottle design. The bottle design is pretty but..kind of plain, and I just think this fragrance deserves a prettier bottle. JMO. It is a pretty bottle, feminine ribbon, but I just think the design of this is very plain. IDK. I like plain but this to me, the design of the bottle is way understated..I guess..?

Anyway, to me this is a lovely soft floral with a sweetness in the background. I've read the notes "sweet, vanilla, fruity, powdery, patchouli" and to me, this is a lovely soft floral with a hint of sweetness. A grownup woman's scent, not grandma scent, but a mature woman.

I get no fruity note nor do I pick up any patchouli and really no vanilla ime. I get no powdery note either. Strange. All in all, for me, this is a very average floral/sweet fragrance, good lasting power, but all in all everything about this is pretty average for me, nothing about this stands out or makes me feel like this is anything unique or special. A decent fragrance, but in a sea of perfumes, this kind of gets lost in the shuffle for me as just an average sweet/floral fragrance. Nothing extraordinary, but still quite nice. A 'safe' perfume, if you will, for crowds (provided noone has allergies or asthma, etc.) or school or the office. I think this is a good year-round fragrance, good for day or night, so it is pretty versatile, if very 'average' in my opinion. But for me, I do not want to smell like an average girl at the mall. This is nice, just nothing 'special'.

on 4/27/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Little background behind me and this fragrance - around Christmas time 2 years ago me and my friend were shopping when we came across this perfume, we both absolutely loved it at first sniff. Every time we went into boots or other stores, we'd drench ourselves in this. We never bought it because we were about 16 and didn't want to rob ourselves of the very little money we did have. All of a sudden, a year later I smelt this scent everywhere I went - e v e r y w h e r e!!! I even ended up sitting next to a lady at the theatre who was wearing this. One thing I noticed when smelling it on other people is that the scent lingers in a bad way, like a stale way. When someone wearing this walks past me, I strongly dislike the smell. But when I'm wearing it, I love it. Take what you will from this haha - I still have a bottle purely because it reminds me of shopping at Christmas with my best friend but if it wasn't for the comforting memory attached to this fragrance, I wouldn't particularity like the smell.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

on 3/25/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My very first bottle is almost empty, but it has been with me for about 10 months and I still have some to go. Very powerful and elegant fragrance that has made some fall head over hills for me. and Yes Life is beautiful every day but especially when I'm wearing this perfume. No one knew it was a woman fragrance until I told them. But everyone men and women have complimented me on it. I will make sure I always have a bottle of it with me

on 2/28/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, fresh, sweet, floral gourmand fragrance. It reminds me of a Chanel type fragrance like coco mademoiselle, its the patchouli note that makes it similar. Everything is else is not the same with those two, because this is very sweet smelling almost sugary. If you detest sweet smells, this isn't for you, it is borderline to overly sweet if you spray too much but it is very nice and light, floral and feminine smelling. Very gourmand, I like it. I have a huge bottle that was gifted to me for xmas from the boyfriend. I highly doubt I will finish it up this year or even years to come. I only need one spray to really get the effect, and I like to wear this if I am going to make an entrance or I'm going out. I don't wear this during the day because it's too sweet for me ( I can't wear sweet smells in the morning, weird I know) but it's lovely for an evening out with the boyfriend or a girls night or something.

Popular Fragrances