Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.3

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

on 12/9/2013 8:22:00 PM

This perfume falls into the Flowerbomb...Jimmy Choo family. If you do not like those perfumes, this will not be the right fragrance for you. I love the bottle and think they did a great job with presentation. I love this perfume for the first few hours. After that, something about it does not sit well with me at all. Perfumes do not smell the same on everyone so I don't think the same will happen to everyone. It ends up smelling very baby powder like on me. I just don't know how to explain it...only that I just don't like it after a while. You will definitely get compliments and people will ask what you have on. I definitely recommend requesting a sample and trying it out before you commit to buying. I will definitely go through the bottle but would not repurchase it again.

on 8/31/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become my favourite fragrance. Someone at work has said it's chocolatey. It's strong enough to last all day yet not overpoweringly strong. I love the simple elegant bottle & adore the sparkly white box. Expensive but worth it

on 7/30/2013 5:15:00 PM

I got a same of this today from Lancome. I wish I knew that it contained patchouli. I hate patchouli! Needless to say, I hate this fragrance. I got a small dab of it on my hands and I have washed them at least 10 times with 4 different soaps and the scent is still lingering. I have a headache from it now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this fragrance! Normally I am not a big fan of Lancome fragrances, but they hit the mark on this one! Saw the whole "spiel" on HSN not long ago about it and they described it as a gourmand + fruity smell and it really is very YUMMY!

I agree with others that it's got a "sugary" scent, but it's not sickeningly sweet and it definitely is a more sophisticated fragrance than Pink Sugar, which I loved for a while and even bought more and realized I didn't love it anymore!

I bought La Vie Est Belle at Ulta. The 1 oz was $55 and the packaging is adorable with a little gray ribbon around the neck of the bottle and the pretty pink-ish color of the juice. On HSN, the Lancome rep said that the bottle design was created back in the 1949 and has been re-designed from the classic Lancome fragrances. I found that intriguing as well.

As for whether or not it's similar to Flowerbomb...I guess I can *see* that, but it's not so similar that I feel like I have duplicate fragrances. This is more "sugary" than Flowerbomb and Flowerbomb seems to have more vanilla in it than La Vie Est Belle.

Overall, I love this fragrance and I can imagine running out quite quickly and will re-purchase the largest size when I do.

on 8/16/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this. I don't know why but lately I have been really into the sweeter, vanilla sugar scents. I've never liked them before! But for the past year or so, I am drawn to them, particularly Lancome scents - Hypnose, Tresor Midnight Rose, and now La Vie Est Belle.
I smell mainly vanilla and some chocolate in this - I guess I do get some powdery iris. I can't really smell any patchouli, which is a good thing since its not my favorite. I am really going to love this in the fall - it just smells so warm on me. I don't think it smells too young, although my daughter does love it and is "sharing" my bottle! Midnight Rose smells younger, with its fruity, raspberry notes. This just smells GOOD. And it does make me happy - like life IS beautiful! It lasts a long time (all day) on me, but stays pretty unobtrusive - its not something you can smell across the room. I like the bottle too - its pretty without being too frou-frou. Overall, yeah, I would buy this again unless I get sick of these scents and move on to something else :)

Popular Fragrances