Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.4

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

on 1/31/2018 8:42:00 AM

My new favorite perfume! It grows on you for sure. Love the bright, youthful, floral fragrance!

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this parfum. Blackcurrent, vanilla, patchouli base notes seem to be in all my favourite parfums but this is by far the most expensive. It does have a good lasting power through out the day on my skin but Si by Giorgio Armani lasts longer. I would repurchase this when I run out. I do use it on a daily basis. Love this scent.

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

on 12/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

Oh well it's a bummer, I ordered this perfume thinking it was gunna be magical but it turns out a total letdown, after reading all the reviews about it, how some ladies said it has longevity and staying power, it's also supposed to have patchouli? No I don't get that either.. it smells like a strange mixture of candy and something else, maybe vanilla? And not to mention the casing around the sprayer broke and came off only after 2 days, very cheaply made, Oh and about an hour after I put it on poof it disappears! That's the only magic thing about it! I knew I should've got Poeme which I adore, sorry Lancôme you really bombed on this one, next time I'll go with my instinct and get Poeme... 🙄 Update: I’ve come to actually like this perfume, turns out the first bottle I bought was a fake! I returned to the seller on eBay and got my money back! My husband bought me a real one from Ulta for Christmas this year, although it’s a strange one, depending on the weather and yes this is a winter perfume, however if I wear this perfume on a day when it’s a more dry climate then it doesn’t really project all that much and I put ALOT on and still I can barely detect it, it’s like there’s nothing, well I tried it on a more humid day after a rainy spell and WHOA, my husband started complaining about the strong perfume I was wearing! He said he could smell it everywhere, including outside! So I was like ok so this perfume seems to have a reaction to humidity, it’s just weird, I have never had a perfume do this before, I always heard that this stuff was strong and I guess it’s true to my satisfaction! I hate fragrances that are expensive and don’t last but a couple of hours! So I will say that this juice is some potent stuff!

Popular Fragrances