Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.4

on 10/7/2018 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, La Vie Est Belle is Flowerbomb but better. Instead of Flowerbomb’s opening tea note, there’s a slight powdery note in LVEB (the iris??). And it’s sweet… Very sweet. I actually love the powdery sweetness in the first hour of LVEB. However, that dissipates and a very popular candied patchouli emerges. I’m not a fan of the candied patchouli. I’m not sure why that is, as I love the earthy, dirty, body odor patchouli in Thierry Mugler Angel as well as the clean, mossy, screechy patchouli in Coco Mademoiselle. But something about candied patchouli just doesn’t sit right with my nose. Everyone else clearly loves candied patchouli, however, as it is present in both LVEB and Flowerbomb and both fragrances are insanely popular.

LVEB rarely goes unnoticed and is sure to garner compliments. It’s unmistakably feminine. It is longlasting and projects like a beast (one or two sprays max, ladies and gents). It lasts forever on both skin and clothes. I love the bottle and the pink juice. LVEB will be an enduring classic as it is pretty ageless. I can imagine both young and mature wearing it.

This one is here to stay and is definitely worth a sniff. If you love praline/vanilla sweetness with a dose of sweet patch, then check out La Vie Est Belle.

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

on 1/31/2018 8:42:00 AM

My new favorite perfume! It grows on you for sure. Love the bright, youthful, floral fragrance!

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this parfum. Blackcurrent, vanilla, patchouli base notes seem to be in all my favourite parfums but this is by far the most expensive. It does have a good lasting power through out the day on my skin but Si by Giorgio Armani lasts longer. I would repurchase this when I run out. I do use it on a daily basis. Love this scent.

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

Popular Fragrances