Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually didn't buy this, and never will. How this review came to be, is an unfortunate situation. I did some looking up on the fragrance and was shocked to see the price, packaging and it's popularity. Maybe this review will help anyone who considers purchasing.

I was getting comfortable in a movie theater, eagerly anticipating the Avengers Infinity War show about to start. A beautiful (well groomed) young lady had purchased the seat next to me. She sat down and got comfortable also. Immediately I was nauseous. The smell coming off of her was so sickeningly sweet and overwhelming, that I could barely stand it. It burned my eyes and my lungs (I smoke a pack a day, that had to be some serious stuff) and my head started to hurt pretty bad. As I said, I smoke and smells usually don't bother me.

I politely leaned over and asked her, what perfume are you wearing, it's fabulous! Really, I was talking mental notes to avoid and never expose myself to this hell again. She excitedly told me, La Ve Est Belle! It's Lancome! Sexiest fragrance out right now! I love it too, doesn't take much, so go light handed!

I suffered through the movie and made it out of there as fast as I could. Online, the fragrance profile actually looked like something I would like. I've always second thought buying it though. My intuition never fails me. $98 a bottle? A clear glass bottle, half full, wearing a glittery scarf, that smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Brittney Spears Curious had an ugly love child that was radio active.

It's bad. Stay away from it. Consider the people who have to smell you!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Patchouli choking in artificial pears and baby powder, its everything I don't like in perfume. To me this smells overpowering, cheap, boring, anti-sexual, anti-social, and utterly tasteless. Like someone weak and frail who has lost their sense of taste and smell well before their time, its the old maid's version of Angel.

I find it funny how people talk this up over cheaper, prettier fragrances. Maybe its because I don't find Julia Roberts appealing the magic doesn't happen for me? Anyway, it may be super popular but secretly alot of people really hate this.

Top notes - black currant, pear
Heart notes - iris, jasmine, orange blossom
Base notes - patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 10/17/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMGosh. NO!!! I liked the way it smelled in one of those magazine samples, so I bought myself a small bottle. Oy! Don't know how I could have taken this all wrong, but I know I won't trust magazine samples anymore! Ha, ha! This fragrance is very potent (did I stress, "VERY?"), and I would not recommend wearing this to the office- especially if you are in tight quarters. It stays put all day long, just as strong as the first moment you sprayed it. Normally, I would consider staying power like that a GREAT quality in a fragrance; but not when it is so strong, it brings on a sinus-induced headache. By the end of the day, I could not wait to wash it off of me. The next day, I could still smell it on my clothes (the jacket I had on), although it was not as horrible because it was more faint. I think La Vie Est Belle had the potential to be a pretty floral, but only if it wasn't so strong. Something in it caused my nostrils to sting and brought on a terrible headache by late afternoon. Unfortunately, this is going to be returned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too strong and cloying. Sillage is high on this one. It's too bad that Lancome gave all the marketing dollars to this headache inducer and literally none to the new Tresor Lumineuse, which is so much more complex and beautiful than this one. I am a true blue Lancome Girl but this one just can't get my vote. This fragrance is like a 30 or 40 year old woman trying to dress like a teenager. I just don't get it. It's completely inappropriate.

on 1/7/2014 11:28:00 PM

I find this perfume highly enjoyable. It is probably not the most sophisticated formula (it won't have the complexity that a Guerlain would, for example) but oh my god, it just smells GOOD. Is it sugary? YES. Is it kind of generic? Yes, it is. There is a hint of woodsiness (or the patchouli, maybe) that tempers the sweetness to keep it from being totally saccharine. Although… it is pretty saccharine. It's like the olfactory version of a pink ball gown. It's how I could imagine Cinderella would smell, or Glinda the Good Witch.

But I like it because I like sweet perfumes, and I wear this in particular when I want to feel particular feminine and beautiful. It comes in a beautiful bottle too, the bottle and the liquid inside almost look like they're glowing. I don't wear it to the office because it smells like something that would give someone a migraine in a very enclosed space. But for a special occasion, or even lightly applied for just a cocktail hour date, this is perfect.

But it can't be stressed enough, if you don't care for sugary fragrances, skip this one! Or test it rigorously before purchasing. My mother, who only wears CK One and hates these fragrances actually got this for me for Christmas, told me that she actually really loves this on me, because it suits me. I was surprised, and asked her if she would ever wear it, and her response was something to the effect of "hell no." LOL. It's funny how fragrance is so personal like that. But in any case, IF this sounds like your cup of tea, I highly recommend it.

on 8/31/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become my favourite fragrance. Someone at work has said it's chocolatey. It's strong enough to last all day yet not overpoweringly strong. I love the simple elegant bottle & adore the sparkly white box. Expensive but worth it

on 8/26/2013 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Simply the best for the summer!!!!

Popular Fragrances