Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.5

La vie est belle smells fantastic at first. The top notes are sweet and fresh. However, the "dry down" didn't work with my body chemistry. After about a half hour, it settled into a very over the top, powdery smell. Unfortunately, it was far too strong and very dated for my taste. I tried so hard to love this scent, because I read so many fabulous reviews. My husband usually loves all my perfumes. However, this is the first one he didn't care for. The one positive thing I will say...is that the bottle with the little bow, sure is pretty!

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

on 12/17/2017 11:24:00 PM

This purfume is horrible. The smell would turn really bad after an hour or so. Returned bottle.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My first experience with this fragrance was on an elevator. I had no idea what perfume it was then, but I had to get off that elevator and take the stairs! The woman who had doused herself in this fragrance got on and sugar bombed the place, I couldn't breathe. I generally don't mind sugary/gourmand scents, but this one I can't stand. I finally discovered the name of this scent when I had lunch with my brother and his GF. Of course she was wearing this and a lot of it. Couldn't even smell the food on the table, just candy floss and burnt sugar. This is a vile brew, and as luck would have it I work with 3 women who wear it. I can't escape it, but I long for the day when it gets discontinued!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 3/23/2017 1:53:00 PM

It is easy to see why LVEB is the best selling fragrance in Paris... It's uber feminine and a total man magnet! Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time a man made a huge fuss over how amazing I smell when wearing this I could buy another bottle. lol

If you don't like sweet-gourmand types, don't even bother. You'll hate this. But if that's your preference I can almost guarantee you'll love this. It's the queen of gourmands! Great longevity, silage, well made, heavy glass bottle. Beautiful glittering box. I like that they accommodate the blind with braille on the box also. I did give less lippies for price just because I am tired of all designers charging these obscene amounts for perfumes. I think my 3.4 was 125$. That's average though nowadays but still crazy! I just found out Perfumania sells them for 88$ so I'll go that route next time. But price is my only complaint.

This is my husbands absolute favorite. He always tells me "You shouldn't even bother with any other perfume, babe. That one is the one!" lol

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

on 1/31/2017 7:16:00 PM

I received a sample vial of this one, it is a strong scent, too sweet for my taste (and I don't use to dislike sweet perfumes), it just lingers and makes me dizzy. Gave it to my mom and she didn't like it either, too bad cause its description and reviews weren't that bad.

Popular Fragrances