Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

4.1

on 11/30/2018 1:25:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this perfume.

I have literally had people CHASE me down to tell me how good I smell and ask what I'm wearing. I've been chased down in Walmart, chased down while crossing the street etc... and I'm not exaggerating. I've even had clients ask me what I'm wearing so they can buy it for their wives/girlfriends.

Of course, every scent smells different on every person but on me, this is what I have been re purchasing for many many many years and will continue to do so.

on 11/19/2018 2:26:00 PM

Several months ago I wrote a scathing review of LVEB, accusing it of being the ultimate in generic, formulaic "mall" scents. I mean, how many candied fruitchouli scents do we need, especially for >$100 a bottle?

I'm back with a different take on this perfume, because I've kept using my little bottle of LVEB... and it's really grown on me!

Ever since I smelled Angel on my beautiful neighbor, I tried and tried to make that fragrance work for me, but on my skin it has always smelled like sweaty armpits + stewed prunes. Coco Mademoiselle has many of the same notes as Angel, and it smells good on me, but I just find it trite and overly squeaky-clean. As it turns out, LVEB is "my" perfect Angel! It's clearly an Angel derivative, with the whole vanilla-caramel-praline-patchouli drydown and fruity topnotes, but it actually smells heavenly on me and gives me that sugar/patchouli contrast I so love about Angel.

Angel was a groundbreaker and is daring to this day-- and I'll always love it from afar. Some may argue LVEB, by contrast, is sanitized and annoyingly synthetic. I get that, but I cannot deny that it smells GREAT on me and makes me feel good all day. If I have to smell a bit generic and recognizable, so be it. Some things are popular for good reason.

BTW, the InStyle/Perfect Scents dupe of LVEB sold at Walgreens and CVS is really quite close to the original. It wears more lightly, which some may even prefer. I wear the "imposter" version to work and the real thing at bedtime and on dates :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

on 6/8/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Got this one for my birthday!
It's a very sweet scent. It lasts very very long, and the first time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments about my perfume.
I would really recommend it :)

I love it because of me my sister and my mother buy it

on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I could cuddle up on a cold night with this fragrance. Sweet and satisfying, along the lines of Thierry Mugler's Angel, but on another level, nowhere near as 'cheap' smelling, nor overpowering. I have many compliments on this fragrance, both this and the Legere version.

on 1/2/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I totally do not get all the negative reviews. This does smell sweet but in an "adult" kind of way. It also smells expensive and slightly floral so it's definitely not all gourmand. It's strong at first spray, and you only need a little, but after 5 minutes it dies down a good bit and stays with you for a long time throughout its different and wonderful phases.

on 11/22/2013 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG LOVE! Everytime I spray it so many strangers ask me what I have on and some actually note it down!! (I also found out about this perfume when I smelt it on someone. This perfume turns into heaven on skin!)

I tested it, and It is the first and only perfume that stayed on my skin until the next day, so about 16 to 24 hours.

Popular Fragrances