Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

4.1

LVEB is to the 2010s what Coco Mademoiselle was to the 2000s and what Angel was to the 1990s: a high-quality, impeccably crafted sweetchouli that you smell everywhere, that is the ambient noise behind every high-end cosmetics counter... but that you grudgingly admit to be very nice. It's more wearable for me than either Coco Mad or Angel-- which is likely because it sat in focus groups for a long time getting cleansed of any hint of filth or controversy.

I wear and enjoy LVEB without expecting it to be other than what it is. If you poured into a cauldron Pink Sugar, Euphoria, Fantasy, Flowerbomb, Prada Candy, and every iteration of Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture over the past 10 years, and added a touch of the required Lancome maturity so that the scent could be convingly worn by those >35, you'd have LVEB. It is sweet but not silly, grounded quite well by the iris and patchouli, and it projects for hours and miles so you get your money's worth. It just plain smells good. Great, even. My family far prefers smelling this on me than some of my beloved vintage stinkers (which makes me sad because they don't share my elevated tastes).The praline and blackcurrant are delicious, the patchouli is just-enough, the florals make this clean instead of sticky. It's full-bottle worthy to me, if only because I subjectively prefer it to the many other scents in this category that smell quite similar to it. Sometimes you just want to smell non-controversially "nice" and this one fills that bill.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

on 6/8/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Got this one for my birthday!
It's a very sweet scent. It lasts very very long, and the first time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments about my perfume.
I would really recommend it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was a little unsure about wearing a sugary gourmand at 35 I thought my best gourmand fragrance years might have been over. I tested the fragrance a second time and purchased straight away.
Rich, creamy and long lasting this fragrance really does reel in the compliments from people in banks, my Dr and pretty much anyone who gets near you. I think compliments are a great sign that a fragrance is working well on your skin. It's up there with my number one favorite scent Dior Hypnotic poison for sure.

I love it because of me my sister and my mother buy it

on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

La Vie est Belle is almost exactly the same scent as Flowerbomb (which everyone knows is really a misnamed gourmand) but much more smooth and beautiful. The patchouli is not too heavy-handed and the praline and vanilla notes round out the fruit beautifully. Something about Flowerbomb is much more synthetic and sharp. LVEB is a sophisticated gourmand that feels incredibly sexy and sultry. It's not cloyingly sweet but it has great longevity and makes for an excellent evening scent. The bottle is a little lackluster, but other than that, it's a lovely scent.

on 2/26/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I needed a lighter and less moody vanilla for the warm months, and although it's slightly spicy, it still gives me a lovely fresh sweetness that blends beautifully with any season. I really like it so far!

Popular Fragrances