Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

The bottle is amazing: heavy, elegantly curved, with an adorable tulle "neck tie" around the sprayer. Unfortunately, the juice is annoyingly boring and common. Like, I actually felt angry when I sprayed it on for the first time and realized it was a huge disappointment.

This was after reading Lancome's hype about how special this thing is, how many perfumers worked on it, etc. It has a lot of the Coco Mademoiselle (2001) bone structure, which itself borrowed from the Thierry Mugler Angel (1992) bone structure, with some more caramel in the base and some tart fruits up front. It may be the 10,000th sanitized spawn of Angel/Coco Mad I've smelled.... somewhere along the way I lost count.

In other words, if you didn't know it was an expensive highly hyped Lancome launch, you would assume it was another bland, nondescript fruity floral. I mean sure, it smells good. But not special at all. I wore it for about 2 days before admitting that I was bored and underwhelmed. Back to the classics for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

on 6/8/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Got this one for my birthday!
It's a very sweet scent. It lasts very very long, and the first time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments about my perfume.
I would really recommend it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was a little unsure about wearing a sugary gourmand at 35 I thought my best gourmand fragrance years might have been over. I tested the fragrance a second time and purchased straight away.
Rich, creamy and long lasting this fragrance really does reel in the compliments from people in banks, my Dr and pretty much anyone who gets near you. I think compliments are a great sign that a fragrance is working well on your skin. It's up there with my number one favorite scent Dior Hypnotic poison for sure.

I love it because of me my sister and my mother buy it

on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

La Vie est Belle is almost exactly the same scent as Flowerbomb (which everyone knows is really a misnamed gourmand) but much more smooth and beautiful. The patchouli is not too heavy-handed and the praline and vanilla notes round out the fruit beautifully. Something about Flowerbomb is much more synthetic and sharp. LVEB is a sophisticated gourmand that feels incredibly sexy and sultry. It's not cloyingly sweet but it has great longevity and makes for an excellent evening scent. The bottle is a little lackluster, but other than that, it's a lovely scent.

on 2/26/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I needed a lighter and less moody vanilla for the warm months, and although it's slightly spicy, it still gives me a lovely fresh sweetness that blends beautifully with any season. I really like it so far!

Popular Fragrances