Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum

4.1

on 11/19/2018 2:26:00 PM

Several months ago I wrote a scathing review of LVEB, accusing it of being the ultimate in generic, formulaic "mall" scents. I mean, how many candied fruitchouli scents do we need, especially for >$100 a bottle?

I'm back with a different take on this perfume, because I've kept using my little bottle of LVEB... and it's really grown on me!

Ever since I smelled Angel on my beautiful neighbor, I tried and tried to make that fragrance work for me, but on my skin it has always smelled like sweaty armpits + stewed prunes. Coco Mademoiselle has many of the same notes as Angel, and it smells good on me, but I just find it trite and overly squeaky-clean. As it turns out, LVEB is "my" perfect Angel! It's clearly an Angel derivative, with the whole vanilla-caramel-praline-patchouli drydown and fruity topnotes, but it actually smells heavenly on me and gives me that sugar/patchouli contrast I so love about Angel.

Angel was a groundbreaker and is daring to this day-- and I'll always love it from afar. Some may argue LVEB, by contrast, is sanitized and annoyingly synthetic. I get that, but I cannot deny that it smells GREAT on me and makes me feel good all day. If I have to smell a bit generic and recognizable, so be it. Some things are popular for good reason.

BTW, the InStyle/Perfect Scents dupe of LVEB sold at Walgreens and CVS is really quite close to the original. It wears more lightly, which some may even prefer. I wear the "imposter" version to work and the real thing at bedtime and on dates :)

on 9/5/2018 3:31:00 AM

Hi!
A little too expensive.
The bottle is square,but round on the bottom,inside,like a glass of shot of....tequila.Pink liquid.
The leaves make me daydream of how life is beautiful.
Lasts 7-8 hours.
I was making consciousness of being the only one that doesn't love the scent.Apparently I'm not the only one.It's too sweet,powdery.
First I had a sample.Thank God that I bought the 30 ml bottle!I get borred easily with a perfume,so,I change it often.
Maybe the first time I used too much product,because it gave me headache and dizziness.It impregnated a tiny bit in my desk(because I use it on my wrists too) and,sometimes,I get a little of the scent.
With this perfume less is more.
What's with the people using perfumes on the clothes?Perfumes are for skin,not for clothes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

on 6/8/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Got this one for my birthday!
It's a very sweet scent. It lasts very very long, and the first time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments about my perfume.
I would really recommend it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was a little unsure about wearing a sugary gourmand at 35 I thought my best gourmand fragrance years might have been over. I tested the fragrance a second time and purchased straight away.
Rich, creamy and long lasting this fragrance really does reel in the compliments from people in banks, my Dr and pretty much anyone who gets near you. I think compliments are a great sign that a fragrance is working well on your skin. It's up there with my number one favorite scent Dior Hypnotic poison for sure.

I love it because of me my sister and my mother buy it

on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

La Vie est Belle is almost exactly the same scent as Flowerbomb (which everyone knows is really a misnamed gourmand) but much more smooth and beautiful. The patchouli is not too heavy-handed and the praline and vanilla notes round out the fruit beautifully. Something about Flowerbomb is much more synthetic and sharp. LVEB is a sophisticated gourmand that feels incredibly sexy and sultry. It's not cloyingly sweet but it has great longevity and makes for an excellent evening scent. The bottle is a little lackluster, but other than that, it's a lovely scent.