Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.7

on 3/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Everyone's chemistry is different, but for me this scent is intoxicating. I do enjoy and own unique scents such as Mugler Aura, and understand that the notes are not unique, but the lasting power and the non overpowering nature of the Tonka bean lingering for over a day makes this scent perfect for those who dislike smelling flowery or perfume(y).

on 1/31/2018 8:42:00 AM

My new favorite perfume! It grows on you for sure. Love the bright, youthful, floral fragrance!

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 3/1/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have repurchased this because I loved it so much, but won't do again because Lancome is unfortunately not cruelty free. I love the scent, and disagree with the reviewers that say that this smells cheap or too sweet or not complex enough. To me, this smells sophisticated, feminine, sweet and sexy, and yes, it is pleasantly long lasting. It is in the Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb family for a reference. The packaging is a little too bulky for my taste, and I always take off the silver bow because frankly I think it looks ridiculous. I do like it's peachy colour. But then again, why even discuss about taste?

Pro:
- amazing smell
- long lasting

Con:
- not cruelty free
- bulky bottle

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

on 12/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

Oh well it's a bummer, I ordered this perfume thinking it was gunna be magical but it turns out a total letdown, after reading all the reviews about it, how some ladies said it has longevity and staying power, it's also supposed to have patchouli? No I don't get that either.. it smells like a strange mixture of candy and something else, maybe vanilla? And not to mention the casing around the sprayer broke and came off only after 2 days, very cheaply made, Oh and about an hour after I put it on poof it disappears! That's the only magic thing about it! I knew I should've got Poeme which I adore, sorry Lancôme you really bombed on this one, next time I'll go with my instinct and get Poeme... 🙄 Update: I’ve come to actually like this perfume, turns out the first bottle I bought was a fake! I returned to the seller on eBay and got my money back! My husband bought me a real one from Ulta for Christmas this year, although it’s a strange one, depending on the weather and yes this is a winter perfume, however if I wear this perfume on a day when it’s a more dry climate then it doesn’t really project all that much and I put ALOT on and still I can barely detect it, it’s like there’s nothing, well I tried it on a more humid day after a rainy spell and WHOA, my husband started complaining about the strong perfume I was wearing! He said he could smell it everywhere, including outside! So I was like ok so this perfume seems to have a reaction to humidity, it’s just weird, I have never had a perfume do this before, I always heard that this stuff was strong and I guess it’s true to my satisfaction! I hate fragrances that are expensive and don’t last but a couple of hours! So I will say that this juice is some potent stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow, I've managed to collect 4 sample sprayers of this fragrance. Send help.

I'm kidding. This isn't terrible by any means; in fact, I'd dare say it's mostly pleasant. However, it suffers from a major identity crisis that makes it something I'd never want to wear on the daily.

La Vie Est Belle starts off with the unmistakable scent of blackcurrant, alongside an annoyingly sweet... something? Not sure what it is, but it actually did give me a fleeting headache. Anyway, as it dries down, it turns more floral, with iris in particular, but for some odd reason this phase smells like blueberry muffins to me. Peculiar, but enjoyable. As time passes by, the gourmand part of the perfume starts to shine. Lots of vanilla and nutty praline, kept in check from becoming a diabetes bomb by the prominent patchouli note. The base notes linger on FOREVER. Not to mention the sillage is powerful, but with the headache I get from the initial whiff of this perfume, every time I wear this in public I get a bit self-conscious, no matter how sparingly I spritz this on.

From the description, La Vie Est Belle sounds appealing enough, but it's also the kind of scent that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a chimera of floral, fruity, and gourmand, all blurring into a nondescript sweet cloud if you don't focus hard on picking out the individual notes. I wouldn't describe it as cheap, but it has that typical "department store perfume section" thing going on (cue that scene in Spongebob, lol).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

La Vie Est Belle is the latest perfume to make its debut by Lancome...
It has black currant,pear,jasmine,orange blossom,iris,patchouli,praline,vanilla,tonka bean...
Sweet perfume that smells like Pears,Flowers,Vanilla...Ladies that like sweet perfumes may enjoy it...

on 4/27/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Little background behind me and this fragrance - around Christmas time 2 years ago me and my friend were shopping when we came across this perfume, we both absolutely loved it at first sniff. Every time we went into boots or other stores, we'd drench ourselves in this. We never bought it because we were about 16 and didn't want to rob ourselves of the very little money we did have. All of a sudden, a year later I smelt this scent everywhere I went - e v e r y w h e r e!!! I even ended up sitting next to a lady at the theatre who was wearing this. One thing I noticed when smelling it on other people is that the scent lingers in a bad way, like a stale way. When someone wearing this walks past me, I strongly dislike the smell. But when I'm wearing it, I love it. Take what you will from this haha - I still have a bottle purely because it reminds me of shopping at Christmas with my best friend but if it wasn't for the comforting memory attached to this fragrance, I wouldn't particularity like the smell.

Popular Fragrances