Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Though not light or sheer at all, this does strike me as a sheerer, more transparent cousin to Chanel Chance, which is just too strong and overpowering for me, and not to mention slightly adehelidic and powdery on the finish, which THIS is not, but I really do like this. It has the tones of orange blossom and iris of Chance, although in this more iris and less orange blossom, which is, again, a plus for me, and a lovely sugary but not sickly or immature sweet version of patchouli. This won't be a be all, end all favorite, but one I like well enough and appreciate well enough to wear as a change-up on occasion for something new from my more tried and true fragrance love Burberry the Beat and the more niche fragrances I adore from houses such as Jo Malone and Diptyque. Always worth a sample or a spray to test. I myself got a free sample from a Sephora order. I don't know if I would purchase it, but I will use the sample and maybe at a later time or if more free iterations of this fragrance ever come my way again, I will use and love for a new tryst. Yes, it is popular and loved by many and I can see the mass appeal, which is part of the reason why it likely won't be too much of a signature for me (not because it is popular necessarily but just because it smells just slightly too generic to be a signature for me) but for the fragrance itself, it is very nice and should be tried and can be widely appreciated and enjoyed by those who truly love and gravitate to it. I am just the biggest of big or even semi- big fans, though I am a fan. Also, if you find Flowerbomb TOO sugary or immature. This is a close but much more elevated and slightly more mature and more full-bodied, "well-endowed" version of a fragrance in a similar category without them smelling EXACTLY the same. Hope this helps and makes sense. Fragrance tangent for the win! :)

on 2/21/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I brought a sample of this fragrance when it was first released. I had also been testing Flower Bomb. Upon smelling LVEB I thought it was very old ladyish and a Flowerbomb knock off. I'm not sure what made me try it again but I did and now I love it. I live in a very cold climate and I think that's what changed this fragrance for me.

The juice is very sweet. The praline and pear are very strong during the first application. After a while the pachouli is very present during the dry down and I get that that patchouli the most toward the end. The vanilla and tonka bean never show up on me nor does the iris. I like this more than Flowerbomb as it's easier to wear and better priced.

on 11/16/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Having 30% off coupon on my hands I came to Shoppersdrugmart with a strong intention to buy this perfume. I am glad I took time for reading reviews on this board last night. I totally agree with the lady who wrote it smells like a candle. If you like vanilla smell this perfume is for you. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything else except straight vanilla and it does smell like a candle.
Ended up buying Jadore as it always work for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In absolute love with this fragrance. A great perfume for the office that is not overpowering. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The pear is the strongest fruit note on me - well, I say strongest, but it is still pretty soft and doesn't leave me with a lasting impression. There is soft vanilla present through all of the fragrance too, with adds a creamy sweetness and warmth to the fragrance. The patchouli is also quick to develop, so whilst everything is sweet, it's not cloyingly so.

The floral notes used are powdery and just provide a background for the iris. It's quite startling how, after around two hours, the fragrance suddenly changes from a soft gourmand to present the wearer with a rich iris note. I don't have much experience with iris in perfumes, so LA VIE EST BELLE is unique to me.

After another few hours the fragrance turns slightly nutty and even creamier as the rest of the base notes develop. Whilst the iris note dies down, the combined powderiness of the floral notes remain and softly fade away with the base notes after around nine hours on my skin.

Official scent notes: Iris, orange blossoms, jasmine, black currant, pear, tonka bean, praline, patchouli and vanilla

Popular Fragrances