Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.5

on 3/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Everyone's chemistry is different, but for me this scent is intoxicating. I do enjoy and own unique scents such as Mugler Aura, and understand that the notes are not unique, but the lasting power and the non overpowering nature of the Tonka bean lingering for over a day makes this scent perfect for those who dislike smelling flowery or perfume(y).

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

I got a perfume sample of 10 perfumes from Shoppers Drug Mart and this was my favourite. I turned in the coupon for the full size.

I actually had 3 favourites, including YSL Black Opium and Hugo Woman but this one narrowly beat them because it's moving into spring and Black Opium is a cozier scent for fall/winter and Hugo Woman is too androgynous for date nights. La vie est belle is more all purpose. Not too sexy to wear to the office, but not too cool or masculine to wear on a date.

I really, really love this scent. I could not stop wearing it. It's sweet, floral, feminine and warm. It's quite comforting and cozy but still fresh enough to wear for spring.

Wears really nicely on my skin as well, which is a bonus since some perfumes can get quite sour on me. (Fruity perfumes, I'm looking at you!)

Also comes in an adorable package with a lovely pink-peach colour and a little bow.

on 12/30/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift. As a 16 years old student i can not buy this stuff its so expensive, well most of perfumes are.
Still, I LOVE THIIIS !!!!
It has a sweet yet sexy smell. I couldnt stop smelling my wrist when i first got it.
I like the packaging, simple yet ellegant. Honestly i prefer more unique designs.
I notice that many people love it. I could smell it almsot everywhere i go.
So, still looking for my signature scent :/

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I discovered this perfume in Dec 2014.
I have allways loved chocolate based fragrances and previously have worn Flowerbomb.
I ordered 4 gift sets from Boots in the january sale online, but after all that they had ran out.
So I ended up buying the 100ml instead and have worn it everyday since.
Its very similar to flowerbomb on my skin.But the Praline seems to last heavily on my neck,catch it now and then.Its not as obvious to my nose.I sometimes think some scents dont last.But according to others they can smell the perfume still.
I have bought a spare bottle for when I run out as I had a money off voucher.

on 11/25/2014 4:43:00 PM

I adore gourmand perfumes and this is no exception. It smells divine, sweet with hints of chocolate and vanilla, completely delicious and mouthwatering, I could not stop smelling myself when I first put it on! It's long lasting which I really look for when looking for a gourmand. It has some lovely floral notes but they aren't too strong at least not on me. It's not your typical sickly sweet teenage scent which is also great, it's unique enough although it reminds me of Estee Lauder's pleasures delight, however la vie est belle is much more refined and has greater sillage. It's quite strong so a little goes a long way. All in all I love this and it just might become my signature scent!

on 10/22/2014 8:53:00 AM

First time i sprayed this didn't think that much of it and was comparing it to Britney Fantasy, i love sweet scents, anyway then for some reason tested it again and fell in love with its sweet, chocolate smell i then kept smelling the card , i then however went onto other perfumes and keep finding myself coming back to it, i order a sample and sprayed this on before i went to cinema, mmmm love this now! wish id stuck it out and went with it all them times of trying it, it starts very juicy like blackcurrant jelly, a bag of jellytots?? then mellows out but still very sweet creamy, milky hint of chocolate and sugary goodness and keep getting whiffs of this warm creamy sweet smell. Now cant wait to buy a bottle of it! makes me feel very luxurious when wearing this, feels expensive and is so sweet and yummy! the bottle looks really nice as well very grown up. Also lasts ages on clothes sprayed this once on my jumper its still there 3/4 days later!
Overall a very sweet, chocolatey, warm, creamy milky perfume thats more grown up still very sweet :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, the first time I smelt this perfume was at work on a colleague, this woman obviously sprays herself with this perfume like it's Charlie red or something! I could smell a very very strong and sweet perfume on her and I asked what it was and she replied 'la vie est belle'. I thought it sounded familiar and remembered Julia Roberts heads the campaign etc etc. This colleague nearly put me off this perfume as she brings the bottle to work with her and reapplies all day, I walk down a corridor and she's no where to be seen but the place stinks of caramel and candy floss! She smokes too so sweet perfume and old nicotine mixed together ain't smelling great! she wears this so wrong too, she cheapens the perfume, considering we work in a nursing home I think wearing this much perfume is wrong, and when you imagine the smells we come across a much fresher perfume is required! Anyway, I did go and try this perfume and OMG once I get passed the thing in my head about my colleague it is lovely! Yes really sweet and very strong, this won't wear off! One spray is all you need, and it stays for hours!! If you love gourmand fragrances this is great! I will not be wearing it to work! Also I can not imagine Julia Roberts wearing this at all, I imagine her to be a Chanel girl!

Popular Fragrances