Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 11/18/2018 4:57:00 AM

My sister purchased it several years ago simply because she loves every single perfume with sweet notes which is not my favorite at all. I sprayed a little bit on my wrist and once I sniffed I had a headache and stomachache. To sum it up this perfume is way too much sweet and more likely to be idolized by a teenager girl

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I will be honest and confess this was not love at first sniff. However, I didn't want to write LVEB off because so many people talk about the amazing longevity and sillage of this scent (I am sick of paying for scents that don't last or project). So I got a sample of this from Sephora, wore it a few different times, and now I can appreciate its creamy sweetness, the light patchouli, the beautiful florals, and the incredible lasting power! It has really grown on me and I am a fan of this warm and sweet scent. It makes my clothes smell heavenly and lasts on fabric like you wouldn't believe! Lancome knows how to do well-made fragrances. The bottle is lovely too, heavy and expensive looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Patchouli choking in artificial pears and baby powder, its everything I don't like in perfume. To me this smells overpowering, cheap, boring, anti-sexual, anti-social, and utterly tasteless. Like someone weak and frail who has lost their sense of taste and smell well before their time, its the old maid's version of Angel.

I find it funny how people talk this up over cheaper, prettier fragrances. Maybe its because I don't find Julia Roberts appealing the magic doesn't happen for me? Anyway, it may be super popular but secretly alot of people really hate this.

Top notes - black currant, pear
Heart notes - iris, jasmine, orange blossom
Base notes - patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 10/9/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

beautiful smell! receive lots of complements when I wear it.

This fragrance contains: Patchouli, Orange Blossom, Gourmand, Jasmine, and Iris Palida. And in my opinion the marriage of these ingredients is absolutely phenomenal. Each component complements one another. It is strong, but not over-bearing. In fact, I think it is a bit intoxicating to the wearer and others.

Whenever I wear this fragrance, I feel sexy, pretty, and oh so feminine. It lingers a bit when I enter a room; but not in an obtrusive way. It simply envelopes your senses and that of others. This has become a Holy Grail fragrance for me because of the way it makes me feel. In every sense of the word--like a woman!

on 1/22/2013 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this fragrance and so does my husband. It is not too strong and it last all day long and even lingers the next day on my coat or jacket.

Top Note: The elegance of Iris becomes the backbone of the fragrance. It blossoms from the first to the last note like never before.
Middle Note: The strength of Patchouli gives strength and depth.
Base Note: A sweet gourmand adds a burst of unexpected radiance.

on 12/27/2012 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Lovely perfume. I had someone at Ulta spray some on me and I walked around for 15 min with my nose in my wrist. I was addicted. I just not sure about staying power. That's always my winning formula if it stays and it smells great.

on 11/6/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fragrance preferences are very personal... To me, this has a strong kick of patchouli - the same one that Coco Mademoiselle has - which gives me an instant gag reaction and sometimes triggers a migraine. Boo.