Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually didn't buy this, and never will. How this review came to be, is an unfortunate situation. I did some looking up on the fragrance and was shocked to see the price, packaging and it's popularity. Maybe this review will help anyone who considers purchasing.

I was getting comfortable in a movie theater, eagerly anticipating the Avengers Infinity War show about to start. A beautiful (well groomed) young lady had purchased the seat next to me. She sat down and got comfortable also. Immediately I was nauseous. The smell coming off of her was so sickeningly sweet and overwhelming, that I could barely stand it. It burned my eyes and my lungs (I smoke a pack a day, that had to be some serious stuff) and my head started to hurt pretty bad. As I said, I smoke and smells usually don't bother me.

I politely leaned over and asked her, what perfume are you wearing, it's fabulous! Really, I was talking mental notes to avoid and never expose myself to this hell again. She excitedly told me, La Ve Est Belle! It's Lancome! Sexiest fragrance out right now! I love it too, doesn't take much, so go light handed!

I suffered through the movie and made it out of there as fast as I could. Online, the fragrance profile actually looked like something I would like. I've always second thought buying it though. My intuition never fails me. $98 a bottle? A clear glass bottle, half full, wearing a glittery scarf, that smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Brittney Spears Curious had an ugly love child that was radio active.

It's bad. Stay away from it. Consider the people who have to smell you!

on 3/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Everyone's chemistry is different, but for me this scent is intoxicating. I do enjoy and own unique scents such as Mugler Aura, and understand that the notes are not unique, but the lasting power and the non overpowering nature of the Tonka bean lingering for over a day makes this scent perfect for those who dislike smelling flowery or perfume(y).

The bottle is amazing: heavy, elegantly curved, with an adorable tulle "neck tie" around the sprayer. Unfortunately, the juice is annoyingly boring and common. Like, I actually felt angry when I sprayed it on for the first time and realized it was a huge disappointment.

This was after reading Lancome's hype about how special this thing is, how many perfumers worked on it, etc. It has a lot of the Coco Mademoiselle (2001) bone structure, which itself borrowed from the Thierry Mugler Angel (1992) bone structure, with some more caramel in the base and some tart fruits up front. It may be the 10,000th sanitized spawn of Angel/Coco Mad I've smelled.... somewhere along the way I lost count.

In other words, if you didn't know it was an expensive highly hyped Lancome launch, you would assume it was another bland, nondescript fruity floral. I mean sure, it smells good. But not special at all. I wore it for about 2 days before admitting that I was bored and underwhelmed. Back to the classics for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Patchouli choking in artificial pears and baby powder, its everything I don't like in perfume. To me this smells overpowering, cheap, boring, anti-sexual, anti-social, and utterly tasteless. Like someone weak and frail who has lost their sense of taste and smell well before their time, its the old maid's version of Angel.

I find it funny how people talk this up over cheaper, prettier fragrances. Maybe its because I don't find Julia Roberts appealing the magic doesn't happen for me? Anyway, it may be super popular but secretly alot of people really hate this.

Top notes - black currant, pear
Heart notes - iris, jasmine, orange blossom
Base notes - patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My first experience with this fragrance was on an elevator. I had no idea what perfume it was then, but I had to get off that elevator and take the stairs! The woman who had doused herself in this fragrance got on and sugar bombed the place, I couldn't breathe. I generally don't mind sugary/gourmand scents, but this one I can't stand. I finally discovered the name of this scent when I had lunch with my brother and his GF. Of course she was wearing this and a lot of it. Couldn't even smell the food on the table, just candy floss and burnt sugar. This is a vile brew, and as luck would have it I work with 3 women who wear it. I can't escape it, but I long for the day when it gets discontinued!

on 10/23/2017 6:58:00 AM

I’ve tried this several times since I keep getting samples. If you’re sensitive to patchouli you won’t like this. I don’t think this is as universally appealing because of that patchouli.

It does last and packaging is nice.

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

Popular Fragrances