Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 10/23/2017 6:58:00 AM

I’ve tried this several times since I keep getting samples. If you’re sensitive to patchouli you won’t like this. I don’t think this is as universally appealing because of that patchouli.

It does last and packaging is nice.

LVEB is to the 2010s what Coco Mademoiselle was to the 2000s and what Angel was to the 1990s: a high-quality, impeccably crafted sweetchouli that you smell everywhere, that is the ambient noise behind every high-end cosmetics counter... but that you grudgingly admit to be very nice. It's more wearable for me than either Coco Mad or Angel-- which is likely because it sat in focus groups for a long time getting cleansed of any hint of filth or controversy.

I wear and enjoy LVEB without expecting it to be other than what it is. If you poured into a cauldron Pink Sugar, Euphoria, Fantasy, Flowerbomb, Prada Candy, and every iteration of Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture over the past 10 years, and added a touch of the required Lancome maturity so that the scent could be convingly worn by those >35, you'd have LVEB. It is sweet but not silly, grounded quite well by the iris and patchouli, and it projects for hours and miles so you get your money's worth. It just plain smells good. Great, even. My family far prefers smelling this on me than some of my beloved vintage stinkers (which makes me sad because they don't share my elevated tastes).The praline and blackcurrant are delicious, the patchouli is just-enough, the florals make this clean instead of sticky. It's full-bottle worthy to me, if only because I subjectively prefer it to the many other scents in this category that smell quite similar to it. Sometimes you just want to smell non-controversially "nice" and this one fills that bill.

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

on 1/31/2017 7:16:00 PM

I received a sample vial of this one, it is a strong scent, too sweet for my taste (and I don't use to dislike sweet perfumes), it just lingers and makes me dizzy. Gave it to my mom and she didn't like it either, too bad cause its description and reviews weren't that bad.

As a fan of "sweet" scents, I'm surprised how much I dislike this one. I think my taste for perfumes changed- I think I'd love it back when I was 18, but now it's too sweet. Now I prefer something more striking, musky, woody. "La Vie Est Belle" is just flat, a Barbie doll fragrance- from luxury scents I expect something more complicated, complex. The only thing I like about it- it's long lasting.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

La Vie Est Belle is the latest perfume to make its debut by Lancome...
It has black currant,pear,jasmine,orange blossom,iris,patchouli,praline,vanilla,tonka bean...
Sweet perfume that smells like Pears,Flowers,Vanilla...Ladies that like sweet perfumes may enjoy it...

on 5/5/2016 8:22:00 PM

Perfume is so so subjective-- tastes not only vary wildly but body chemistry does too! This is such a strong N--O-- for me.

The top note for me is robitussin. I have no idea what they are supposed to be-- but on me it is strongly robitussin. Some weird medicinal, artificial candied, gross, syrupy....

I've tested this quite a few times -- and every time it's cough syrup. The last time I tried it I was home alone and just being too lazy to wash the smell off. I made it to the drydown.

Ugh. What a hot mess. Basically take the cloying sweetness from Armani si. Add that to the overbearing musky note in Valentino Donna. Then add that to the suffocating stuffy powdery note of Estee lauder modern muse le rouge-- and then put that in a blender with... Cough syrup.

Voila- la vie est belle! This literally smells like the flu. When you're 2 weeks into a virus and everything just smells off and tastes terrible and you are just a stuffy mess. La vie est sinus infection. Pass.

Popular Fragrances