Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.7

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow really surprised this perfume doesn't have higher reviews! I never owned a "high end" perfume before this one (mostly just used Bath & Body Works sprays), in part because of how pricey they are, and also because I could never find a scent that really knocked me out.

Last year, my mom took me shopping for Christmas presents, and decided that she wanted to get me a fancy perfume, because her mother bought her her first perfume at my age. I was pretty skeptical, especially when the first five perfumes I tested were disgusting and made me nauseous.

After many failed attempts at trying the more popular brands (blown away that Channel No. 5 is so popular, it smells like public bathroom hand soap in my opinion). I told the sales associate that I was looking for something, "light and feminine, without being too flowery or fruity." She directed me to two perfumes that she thought best matched my description; one was okay, much too sharp of a scent, but the other one--Lancome La Vie Est Belle--was something out of a dream! Exactly what I had been looking for all these years!

I bought it immediately, and despite the price (which is expected when you're getting a quality perfume, one bottle has lasted me ages anyway) I am insanely happy with my purchase! I also think the packaging and supple, rosy color of the perfume is just lovely. It is a very potent perfume, so one generous spritz on the wrists, followed by a quick rub on either side of your neck is the perfect amount. Long lasting, without being overbearing. I always get compliments about how good I smell! Never going back to body sprays again.

on 5/13/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite daytime perfume ever! This smell is so addictive and it lasts me all day. It's a really heavy scent so if you're not into that this may not be for you. But I'm obsessed and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. This perfume makes me feel classy, beautiful and sensual, so this really boosts my confidence, LOVE IT!

on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite new perfume. I absolutely love it!!!! I also love the lotion (almost as much) and the shower gel.

on 12/14/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sampled it, couldn't get it out of my head, and wound up purchasing. When sampling in Nordstrom & Sephora I saw the similarities to Flowerbomb others have mentioned, however, when I wear this I don't think of Flowerbomb at all. La Vie Est Belle is very cotton candy on my skin and it shares a very sweet vanilla-tonka tone with Prada Candy. La Vie Est Belle is much more beautiful though. This a "me" fragrance that I can really live in.

on 9/12/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One word......DELICIOUS!!! I love sweet smells (my absolute fav is Flowerbomb) I'm so glad I got this, it lasts a really long time (almost a whole work day) and fades nicely. It's sweet but not too sweet, like a grown up sexy sweet. It's similar to Flowerbomb because they both have notes of Patchouli, but that's the only hint of similarity, I wouldn't consider this a dupe for it in any way because they smell completely different on me, to me this one is a little sweeter, Flowerbomb is a little spicier :) I would def repurchase, but next time I'll get the bigger bottle!! Only thing I don't like is the little piece of ribbon wrapped around the neck of the bottle, I just don't get it :/ o well doesn't affect my rating, I'm just saying! :)

on 9/1/2013 7:05:00 AM

Fruity & floral. Sweet & feminine. Yummy & LONG-LASTING. My day-to-day fragrance is Burberry Brit, but when I want to wear something a little "nicer", this is what I put on. And I don't need to use much at all because this fragrance is powerful (it's very easy to overdo it.) I have a bottle of the L'eau de Parfum, and just as an object it it gorgeous- I love the packaging. Heavy glass with a ribbon around the neck of the bottle.

But I love the scent even more, I always get tons of compliments when I wear this. Will repurchase in the future, definitely.

EDIT: Have changed the rating from 5 to a 4 because I decided that the EDP version is a bit too heavy and patchouli-ish, lacks the sparkliness of the EDT. The patchouli note is still present in the EDT version but not quite so much. Still love it though, I just prefer the EDT.

on 8/7/2013 2:12:00 PM

smells really good reminds me of flower bomb

on 9/30/2012 11:59:00 AM

This smells great, very close to Flowerbomb. I used to wear Flowerbomb a lot and this scent is very similar, I tend to like more vanilla based purfumes, but this is still good value for money overall. :)

Popular Fragrances