Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.4

on 12/17/2017 11:24:00 PM

This purfume is horrible. The smell would turn really bad after an hour or so. Returned bottle.

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

on 10/25/2013 2:02:00 PM

I am lucky enough to live on the US/Canadian border so I buy my perfumes at the Duty Free Shops on both sides of the border at truly amazing prices. For example I purchased today Forbidden Euphoria /3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for the unbelievable price of $64.50 and Eternity Summer/3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for $ 49.60.Thus being said ,I was really looking forward to try on LVEB, as I was obsessed with the bottle. This is like, the prettiest perfume bottle I have ever seen, so classy and elegant. However, when I sniffed the tester card ,it felt like I've got a punch in the face........ I must have made an instant grimace of repulsion. This fragrance is so sickly sweet, sugary and cloying......I could not sense patchouli notes, just loudly pronounced burned sugar with a flowery twist. Some people here compared it to Flower Bomb by Victor & Rolf, so I sniffed the Flower Bomb too. Ouch! Too heavy, overpowering and powdery flowery. I don't think both fragrances are similar , their only similarity is that they are both nauseatingly strong and intense scents, almost suffocating. So if you like to make a statement by smelling like a woman from a Turkish harem or a Burlesque dancer, these both perfumes are the way to go. But not for me. I love beautifully made,elegant, understated scents that are pleasure to wear both for me and the people around me. So, Thumbs Down for LVEB. Too bad, I really wanted to like it , the bottle is gorgeous.

on 7/30/2013 5:15:00 PM

I got a same of this today from Lancome. I wish I knew that it contained patchouli. I hate patchouli! Needless to say, I hate this fragrance. I got a small dab of it on my hands and I have washed them at least 10 times with 4 different soaps and the scent is still lingering. I have a headache from it now.

on 11/6/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fragrance preferences are very personal... To me, this has a strong kick of patchouli - the same one that Coco Mademoiselle has - which gives me an instant gag reaction and sometimes triggers a migraine. Boo.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Patchouli choking in artificial pears and baby powder, its everything I don't like in perfume. To me this smells overpowering, cheap, boring, anti-sexual, anti-social, and utterly tasteless. Like someone weak and frail who has lost their sense of taste and smell well before their time, its the old maid's version of Angel.

I find it funny how people talk this up over cheaper, prettier fragrances. Maybe its because I don't find Julia Roberts appealing the magic doesn't happen for me? Anyway, it may be super popular but secretly alot of people really hate this.

Top notes - black currant, pear
Heart notes - iris, jasmine, orange blossom
Base notes - patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline

I smelled this on a sample card at the perfume counter this afternoon and thought it was soft and pretty, so I sprayed a bit on my wrist to see how it blends with my skin. Oy. There's something strong and almost sour that's giving me a headache and making my nose and TEETH hurt. I'm giving it 2 lippies because it's been over four hours and it's still going strong. Nothing will wash this off. For those of you who can wear this, I can see how it would be a pretty scent. I, unfortunately, am not one of them.

on 8/11/2012 12:43:00 PM

A fruity-praline-patchouli scent that'd smell great on someone else. I tested this on a card in store, not on skin. The review will be updated if it smells very different on skin. But I want to pop this on MUA, in case anyone is curious about it. :) Warning: I use the words 'sweet', 'sweetness' and 'sugar' A LOT in this review.
The sweetness suffocates when first sprayed (instant diabetes), the dry down's better, definitely powdery, if still extremely sweet. It reminds me of Pleasures Delight at the start, but the Lauder is more marshmallow and Lveb is spun sugar or praline-vanilla -- maybe there's a bit of cocoa in there too, but there's so much general sweetness, I can't really tell. I prefer Lancome's Lveb because it's a little less sugary -- (and that speaks volumes about the Lauder). Perhaps there's better differentiation between notes (marginal) because Lveb isn't quite the jumbled sweet-mess that PD becomes on me.
Lveb's patchouli note isn't too loud, which is a minus, because I prefer less praline / vanilla and more patchouli. I get the pear / blackcurrant listed in notes, but the level of sugar in this one really smothers the fruit, and the listed iris is cancelled. I don't get much -- if any -- iris. It smells a little dry, which might be an attempt at iris. If you're good at figuring out gourmand iris scents (I'm not) maybe you'll have better luck. If I look harder than I want to: there's a hint of something like bergamot and orange blossom, no obvious jasmine. But I don't want to focus on a scent like it's a magic-eye picture in order to see past a prominent feature -- in this case vanilla-praline-sugar.
If you liked fruity-patchoulis and want something similar or more youth-oriented, that tweaks and 'updates' the theme -- try Lveb. I prefer the original Badgley Mischka. I've worn Angel, Coco-M and a heap of others in this vein (let's go ahead and add Flowerbomb, even though its patchouli is supposedly light and 'purified').
While the Lancome is nice, it's not all that new. It is softer on the patch than the others, and certainly less heavy on the fruit than BM. But it keeps hitting me with the all-consuming sweet mid-notes. I need something in the base for balance, and the Lancome doesn't deliver. That's probably the update: the lack of heavy patchouli/solid bases which was a feature of the big fruichoulis.
The development on the card is actually pretty good. This could've worked if the sugary notes weren't so girly-but-ferocious. That said -- it isn't loud, exactly -- not in the way Poison, Giorgio or Angel are loud. (I love those perfumes). To me it Lveb is a super-feminine (and a bit more posh) gourmand with a steady, unrelenting, wave of sugar -- and despite its insistent nature, it's a notch above average department store gourmands flooding the market.

It's really not me - hence the low rating. It smells a little young, with no interesting twists. The bottle's okay and I like that the spokeswoman (Julia Roberts) is a grown-up. I just remembered a scent that successfully reworks the heavy fruichouli idea and has a praline-like note in the middle: Angel Innocent. The Mugler is more to my taste because the top has some freshness which cancels out any 'candy-floss' effect -- and it's a little different -- it surprises me. I *think* Ropion worked on both Innocent (with Bruyere) and Lveb (with Flipo and O. Polge). If memory serves -- Oriens by VC&A is another one with praline, if you want mainstream scents with that note. Gourmands I like with obvious fruit notes: Hanae Mori extrait, BM, Delices, Pozo's In Black and Hot Couture. I still think Hypnose by Lancome is one of the brand's better, contemporary releases. Patchouli favourites: I have about a hundred, so I'll stop now!

on 9/5/2018 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
A little too expensive.
The bottle is square,but round on the bottom,inside,like a glass of shot of....tequila.Pink liquid.
The leaves make me daydream of how life is beautiful.
Lasts 7-8 hours.
I was making consciousness of being the only one that doesn't love the scent.Apparently I'm not the only one.It's too sweet,powdery.
First I had a sample.Thank God that I bought the 30 ml bottle!I get borred easily with a perfume,so,I change it often.
Maybe the first time I used too much product,because it gave me headache and dizziness.It impregnated a tiny bit in my desk(because I use it on my wrists too) and,sometimes,I get a little of the scent.
With this perfume less is more.
What's with the people using perfumes on the clothes?Perfumes are for skin,not for clothes.

Popular Fragrances