Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 1/20/2018 3:13:00 AM

I’m shocked that a petition hasn’t been started yet to try to get this chemical filled bottle of “scent” off the market.

Contrary to a couple other reviews, I’m not sensitive to patchouli(in fact, patchouli essential oils are all over my house and car), and this perfume ABSOLUTELY makes me sick. And not in the figurative sense...in the literal sense.
It’s not just the scent. It’s also the other additives Lancôme is using. There is something in the perfume that gets into your lungs and throat and makes it very hard to breathe, all the while giving you a MASSIVE headache.
I did not have a terrible scent sensitivity issue until this perfume came into existence. And now most perfumes and colognes bother me to a degree...but nothing is as bad as this one.
Please do not buy this perfume. I’m not the only one who cannot tolerate it. And you absolutely cannot use it lightly. It’s too strong. Period.
And remember, 100% of what you put on your skin, goes into your bloodstream. If just the vapor alone can cause the reaction in me that it does, then what’s it doing to you internally?

on 12/17/2017 11:24:00 PM

This purfume is horrible. The smell would turn really bad after an hour or so. Returned bottle.

Awful cloying cheap smell. Very strong and overpowering. I tried a sample and couldn't wait to scrub it off.

My first experience with this fragrance was on an elevator. I had no idea what perfume it was then, but I had to get off that elevator and take the stairs! The woman who had doused herself in this fragrance got on and sugar bombed the place, I couldn't breathe. I generally don't mind sugary/gourmand scents, but this one I can't stand. I finally discovered the name of this scent when I had lunch with my brother and his GF. Of course she was wearing this and a lot of it. Couldn't even smell the food on the table, just candy floss and burnt sugar. This is a vile brew, and as luck would have it I work with 3 women who wear it. I can't escape it, but I long for the day when it gets discontinued!

on 12/10/2017 1:45:00 PM

HIGH ALLERGEN/ASTHMA WARNING

This perfume actually gave me chemical pneumonia. It is horrid. It fills the room and does not disperse for hours. I can walk into a room and immediately know if someone has it on. Instant allergic reaction complete with puffy face, clogged sinuses, irritated throat, and fluid in lungs. I hope they stop making it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

on 6/30/2016 8:29:00 AM

I do not dislike it but it is nothing special, I can relate it to a few other fragrances.

Popular Fragrances