Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.7

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

on 6/30/2016 8:29:00 AM

I do not dislike it but it is nothing special, I can relate it to a few other fragrances.

on 6/22/2016 9:06:00 AM

A sales rep sprayed this perfume onto my wrist and I was immediately repelled. It is a powerful odour of overripe fruit and heavily flavoured candy-floss. Two hours later the smell is just as powerful. Awful. I prefer a lighter, less penetrating perfume.

on 5/5/2016 8:22:00 PM

Perfume is so so subjective-- tastes not only vary wildly but body chemistry does too! This is such a strong N--O-- for me.

The top note for me is robitussin. I have no idea what they are supposed to be-- but on me it is strongly robitussin. Some weird medicinal, artificial candied, gross, syrupy....

I've tested this quite a few times -- and every time it's cough syrup. The last time I tried it I was home alone and just being too lazy to wash the smell off. I made it to the drydown.

Ugh. What a hot mess. Basically take the cloying sweetness from Armani si. Add that to the overbearing musky note in Valentino Donna. Then add that to the suffocating stuffy powdery note of Estee lauder modern muse le rouge-- and then put that in a blender with... Cough syrup.

Voila- la vie est belle! This literally smells like the flu. When you're 2 weeks into a virus and everything just smells off and tastes terrible and you are just a stuffy mess. La vie est sinus infection. Pass.

In my opinion BEAUTIFUL and FRESH definitely DON'T fit the bill here!!!!! Think CHEAP and SICKLY and you are on the right track!! Not sophisticated at all! Lasts all day in a baaaaaaaaddddd way! No thank you!!!

A bit strong & too flowery and gives me a headache can't Wash it off soon enough..

on 8/12/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sick syrupy mess. Very synthetic and headache inducing. Ugh! I don't care for this at all. It's a poor version of Flowerbomb.

Popular Fragrances